Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » Sports Car Club of America » SCCA North Pacific » May 1-2 IRDC (Conference) Roll Call

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: May 1-2 IRDC (Conference) Roll Call
Brian Benthin Verified Driver
Professional ballast

Region: Northwest
Car #: ICSCC #322
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Brian Benthin     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I'll be there in NCW, who's in?
Looking for some SM guys to paddock with.

--------------------
Brian

PedalFaster Verified Driver

Car #: 86
Year : 1995
Icon 1 posted  Profile for PedalFaster     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I'm tentatively planning to be there.

--------------------
Stephen Hui - '95 SM #86, Northwest / Oregon Region SCCA

W. Bonsell

Region: NWR/Oregon
Car #: #26
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for W. Bonsell     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

You know I will be there Brian...I intend to try and paddock close to tech (where ever that is) so I can get the annual before 9am hopefully

But, I too would like to paddock with the SM guys...

Hoping Mark Issacs will make the NCW too...

CYA then....

--------------------
William Bonsell
SCCA/ICSCC #26
SM/ITA

Mark de Regt Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Veteran Member

Region: NWR/Oregon; ICSCC
Car #: 70
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mark de Regt   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I was planning on it, but it turns out the car's still broken.

Biting the bullet, and doing a full motor/transmission/exhaust/radiator transplant. But it'll take a while to get it done, so I'm probably out until the Memorial Day double.

Drat.

Mike Colangelo Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: NWR
Car #: 37
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mike Colangelo     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I'm currently signed up for Groups 2 and 5 but may need to back out if I have to go down to SoCal that weekend. Should figure out what I'm doing by next Wednesday.

In any case, I'll be racing in Groups 2 and 5 at this weekend's Conference race at PIR.

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mike Colangelo     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Looking at the entry list, it looks like there will only be 10 Miatas in the Group 2 race.

https://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm/event/event.sta...D47-7CF7-0903D966706C368D

I'm looking forward to watching Brian and Bill duke it out in the novice race. [Big Grin]

Professional ballast

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Brian Benthin     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
I'm looking forward to watching Brian and Bill duke it out in the novice race. [Big Grin] [/QB]
Just so I'm perfectly clear...they'd frown on me giving him a donut in a novice race, right? [Wink]

--------------------
Brian

quote:
Originally posted by Brian Benthin:
quote:
I'm looking forward to watching Brian and Bill duke it out in the novice race. [Big Grin]

Just so I'm perfectly clear...they'd frown on me giving him a donut in a novice race, right? [Wink] [/QB]
It'll be OK since you're both driving SMs. Just make sure you bumpdraft the Factory Five Cobra first though [Wink]

W. Bonsell

Icon 1 posted  Profile for W. Bonsell     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Hey...

Don't forget about Mieko...she's got the experience and a new looking car which I am told puts the "chick" back into the original chick car...HA!

I just hope Brian doesn't get ill inhaling all the white smoke out the back of my car on that 3rd to 4th up shift.

And thanks Michael for alerting all the "senior observers" that there might be a little fun going on between a couple of Miatas. Oh yeah!

CYA Sat am -

Bill

--------------------
William Bonsell
SCCA/ICSCC #26
SM/ITA

JimEli Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Car #: 5
Icon 1 posted  Profile for JimEli   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Anybody making this trip from up north (Bellingham area)? I need to deliver a diff.

--------------------
UPR.com
Team LemonLappers

No donuts on Mieko's car, it's too nice!

Professional ballast

Great day racing today! This has been a LONG time coming for me personally. I was consistent, and steadily improved my lap times throughout practice and qualifying, posting my fasted lap of the day during the race.

Who needs crack when you can do this and NOT go to jail for it? I will never be the same.

I want to thank Carlo and Jon at TC Motorsports for building me a great car. Also Pat Newton and Greg Bush for all their help getting me here.

Fun day Bill, can't wait to race with you again!

--------------------
Brian

Mark de Regt Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Veteran Member

Region: NWR/Oregon; ICSCC
Car #: 70
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mark de Regt   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Congrats, Brian. You have truly taking a toke from the go-fast crack pipe, and there's no going back.

W. Bonsell

Fun day Bill, can't wait to race with you again![/QB][/QUOTE]

Ditto from me too Brian. Won't be long I fear until I am viewing those white stripes in front of me instead of coming up behind me.

Ran out at Bremerton Sunday with SCCA track trials and had my RR caliper blow a seal and spewed brake fluid causing a big spin at end of straightaway. Just glad it didn't happen heading into turn 2 at PR.

My GO PRO HD camera took FANTASTIC video of race. Will try and figure out how to post it and let you know. Also one of the friggin fast 325's shot the race but only view of us was the start. Posted on youtube under May 1 Conference or similar.

Will be out at PR over Memorial Day...drop on by.

Bill

PS: Don't know if I got this quote thing down right. Guess I will know when I hit the "add reply" button.

--------------------
William Bonsell
SCCA/ICSCC #26
SM/ITA

W. Bonsell

Well, didn't get the quote thing right...darn it!!

--------------------
William Bonsell
SCCA/ICSCC #26
SM/ITA

Frank DiMiceli

Car #: 29
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Frank DiMiceli     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Bill and Brian,

Congratulations on completing your first ICSCC Novice race. Great job by the both of you. Looking forward to racing with you both very soon.

--------------------
Frank DiMiceli
2010 IRDC Race Chairman

Yeah, well done Brian, Bill, and Mieko!

See you out there as work allows!

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: