Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » Sports Car Club of America » SCCA North Pacific » race seat

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: race seat
Chris Klein

Region: North West
Car #: 386
Year : 1994, 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Chris Klein     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Anyone have a race seat that is for sale? Chump car is in need! [Smile]

--------------------
Chris Klein

Mike Colangelo Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: NWR
Car #: 37
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mike Colangelo     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Chris,

I have one you can borrow for the race. It's an APC fiberglass seat similar in shape to a Sparco Evo and it's the larger size for bigger drivers. I'll even let you borrow the I/O port backbrace. The seat requires side mounts.

This seat just came out of my CRX and was replaced with a new Sparco seat. I'm trendy [Wink]

Anyway, I live near Seattle and I know you live in the Portland area. So, if you want to borrow it, we'll need to figure out how to get it down to you.

I will be at the Spokane race next weekend. Will you be there?

Chris Klein

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Chris Klein     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Thanks Mike... we were hoping to have a seat we wouldn't have to share with the spec miata... It'd be quicker to yank that seat! Thanks again!

--------------------
Chris Klein

Ken Tubbs Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: Oregon
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Ken Tubbs     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Chris,

I've got an aluminum Kirky Intermediate that I don't use any more. I believe it's a 16". It will floor mount very nicely. I believe I even have a crappy back brace for it.

Price is really good (beer) but you have to come and pick it up in Corvallis.

Ken

Keith in WA Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Pack Fodder

Region: NWR / Oregon
Car #: 88
Year : 95
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Keith in WA     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Chris,
I can't remember what the door bars are like on the car...whether they go all the way out to the sheet metal or not. Some fiberglass seats are so wide in the wrong places they're hard to fit down low in a Miata. Mike's CRX has enough room to bolt a Lazy Boy recliner to the floor. I'm wondering if I should bring my seat just in case.

--------------------
Keith Novak
(Will work for tires)

Chris Klein

I might have to stop by Ken's... I work in Salem. I don't know seat sizes... Is 16 small?

Keith if Ken's doesn't work out I'll bolt in the one we used last time.

--------------------
Chris Klein

Shop Teacher

Region: SF Nor Cal
Car #: #39
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Shop Teacher     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

16 is a med large, i wouldnt put to much into it. my team will be up there in oct. to kick butt.
A

--------------------
Al Angulo
Auto Instructor
Ford Senior Master Tech
ASE Master Tech

B Wilson Verified Driver Series Champ
Gold Member

Car #: 68
Year : 91
Icon 1 posted  Profile for B Wilson   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Practice for your 25 entry, eh? [rolling on floor laughin]

-b

--------------------
Bruce Wilson
2010 Oregon Region Champ
2010 Monte Shelton Driver of the Year
2010 25 Hours of Thunderhill E3 and Under 2 liter Overall Champion
Oregon Region SM Class Advisor

Ken Tubbs Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Ken Tubbs     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Now that I think about it I believe it is a 15".

Ken

Chris Klein

Bruce! you want to come up to Spokane about 4 on 24 and take some HOT laps in your old car (with a whole new front end on it... And this one is crash resistant!

--------------------
Chris Klein

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: