Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » Sports Car Club of America » SCCA North Pacific » Oregon Region SM Rocks

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: Oregon Region SM Rocks
Mark de Regt Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Veteran Member

Region: NWR/Oregon; ICSCC
Car #: 70
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mark de Regt   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

You guys are the best, literally and figuratively (just ask SFR about the "literal" part of that [Smile] ). We read about other regions where there's not much in the way of camaradarie, and many of us have raced elsewhere, where the SMs are spread around the paddock.

Every OR weekend, most or all of the SMs are paddocked together. Our ghetto is fun, supportive, and serves good food each Saturday at the BBQ.

If someone has a problem, there are many stepping up to help.

And, although our numbers weren't too good this weekend, we all had folks to play with throughout the races (well, except I let Jim down when my RR brake caliper sprang a huge leak on lap 8 of the second race), and it's a fast bunch.

I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be racing any more were it not for all those attributes of OR. Thanks, guys!

terrell garrett
sanitation engineer

Region: nw
Car #: 8 is great
Year : 1993
Icon 1 posted  Profile for terrell garrett     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Saturday, after racing, we were at the State softball tournament watching the twins play. My mother in law asked my wife why I go racing. Her response was that I enjoyed the company. A bunch of nice guys and their families with similar political views. A great group to hang around with. I agree.

--------------------
terrell garrett

Keith in WA Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Pack Fodder

Region: NWR / Oregon
Car #: 88
Year : 95
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Keith in WA     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I think someone wants a group hug. [group hug] [duck]

--------------------
Keith Novak
(Will work for tires)

Kyle Keenan Verified Driver
Pass right

Region: OR, NWR
Car #: 44
SMIM: AIM: KKRProducts
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Kyle Keenan   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

A few things come to mind when I think of Oregon Region SM:

1) Multiple times, there has been multiple vehicle incidents on track, and every single time, it seems every other driver and crew puts their car's need aside to help the other drivers get back on track.

2) When someone posts on here needing a spare, (such as keith with the radiator plug issue), everyone and their cousin lends a hand and offers everything from a replacement plug to a whole radiator. Heck, Stephen even let Keith use his motor last weekend!

3) I cannot count how many late nights some people have spent at the track just helping others sort out misfiring issues or other irritating problems.

4) How everyone on Oregon Region SM (And even our series sponsor, Miatacage.com) does what they can to help a young kid like me get out on track so I can have some fun too.

Thanks guys, I enjoy racing with you guys [thumbsup]

--------------------
Driver, #44 Spec Miata
ColdTrackDays.com

Brian Ghidinelli Verified Driver
Moonwalker

Region: SFR
Car #: 12
Year : 99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Brian Ghidinelli   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Hey, we split the Laguna event down here so I think "best" is up for grabs. We'll make it up some time to complete the judging! [Smile]

--------------------
MotorsportReg.com / Haag Performance / Team SafeRacer
2010 San Francisco Region SMT Champion

B Wilson Verified Driver Series Champ
Gold Member

Region: Oregon
Car #: 68
Year : 91
Icon 1 posted  Profile for B Wilson   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

And let's not forget the teams, crews, friends and family that help us along the way as well. Brian Clemons, previous fast SM driver and Dudley Redhead helped Ken with his clutch issue so I could get on with feeding everyone Saturday. Thanks guys!!!

It was really cool that we all sat around Ken's car and lent a hand or grabbed tools while we were eating so Ken could go out and grab the pole as soon as we were done.

Brian, we're lookiing forward to more SFR folks coming to our races. Different track and new challenges and lots of friendly folks. I kind of wonder if the chance of rain scares CA folks away from OR. However our record is pretty good around here. We had no rain sessions last year and only one wet session this year and that wasn't even a race... So probably not as bad as most folks think. Actually better chances of dry race than a Laguna race WITH FCYs [Wink]

-bw

--------------------
Bruce Wilson
2010 Oregon Region Champ
2010 Monte Shelton Driver of the Year
2010 25 Hours of Thunderhill E3 and Under 2 liter Overall Champion
Oregon Region SM Class Advisor

Brian Ghidinelli Verified Driver
Moonwalker

Region: SFR
Car #: 12
Year : 99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Brian Ghidinelli   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Bruce - I think you're right on that one! For me, it's the time to tow - extra couple of days away from work/etc is tough to swing. I was in Crescent City this weekend for the 4th and even that is a loooong ways.

--------------------
MotorsportReg.com / Haag Performance / Team SafeRacer
2010 San Francisco Region SMT Champion

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: