Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » Sports Car Club of America » SCCA North Pacific » August Roll Call (Page 1)

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic
Page 1 of 2 1  2  next » 

Author Topic: August Roll Call
Dudley Redhead

Region: Oregon
Car #: 01
SMIM: 2009 Ore. Region Crew Chief of the Year 2010 Ore. Region ITA Champion
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Dudley Redhead     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I don't see but one person signed up for August event. I am planning on saving paddock spaces for all those who are going to attend. Please let me know who is coming and I will have space for everyone.

Hopefully we will be in our normal area this time.

--------------------
Dudley Redhead

Goggles Pisano

Region: NW
Car #: 23
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Goggles Pisano   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I'm in for SM only. Anyone have some used tires for sale with 1/32" or so remaining? Don't want to spring for new tires yet. Am sorry as hell I chose not to run the Double National. Looked like a blast.

--------------------
Ericjonesmotorsports.com
"If it can't kill ya, it ain't a sport."

B Wilson Verified Driver Series Champ
Gold Member

Car #: 68
Year : 91
Icon 1 posted  Profile for B Wilson   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Eric, I still have a set of 8 cyclce ~1/32 tires that should easily last through the weekend.

-b

--------------------
Bruce Wilson
2010 Oregon Region Champ
2010 Monte Shelton Driver of the Year
2010 25 Hours of Thunderhill E3 and Under 2 liter Overall Champion
Oregon Region SM Class Advisor

Goggles Pisano

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Goggles Pisano   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Great. Wanna PM me a price?

--------------------
Ericjonesmotorsports.com

Keith in WA Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Pack Fodder

Region: NWR / Oregon
Car #: 88
Year : 95
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Keith in WA     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Not sure whether I'm going to do Conference or SCCA in August yet. This weekend is the Chump Car in Spokane. The following weekend I'm mountain biking in Canada.

--------------------
Keith Novak
(Will work for tires)

Chris Klein

Region: North West
Car #: 386
Year : 1994, 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Chris Klein     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Keith!!!

I want you life!!!

--------------------
Chris Klein

W. Bonsell

Region: NWR/Oregon
Car #: #26
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for W. Bonsell     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

KEITH...

Come on out and play with Conference at Pacific on the 31st and 1st...we can have a legitimate battle instead of dealing with all that wet stuff over Memorial Day weekend. And I think Randy might try and make it up...how about Terrell too!

I'll give you some nice silver tape to make some 7's....

Bill

--------------------
William Bonsell
SCCA/ICSCC #26
SM/ITA

Pack Fodder

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Keith in WA     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I'd like to Bill but I've been planning this trip for a while. Friends who've become responsible adults who now have kids, jobs and all that nonsense can't get together as regularly these days. We're grouping up from hundreds of miles around to don body armor, hop on rediculously expensive bicyles, and see who still has the biggest balls (or least sense) while we descend treacherous trails with a little roller derby action mixed in...then exchange war stories for another year. Most likely there will be blood, and most definately there will be beer to wash it off. [Smile]

--------------------
Keith Novak
(Will work for tires)

Frank DiMiceli

Region: Northwest
Car #: 29
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Frank DiMiceli     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

To All,

Please come to Pacific Raceways on July 31st - August 1st for IRDC's biggest race of the season. This race along with the September PIR race usually has the largest Conference grids of the race season. There is also a very reasonably priced Test & Tune on Friday, July 30th. Easy signup on motorsportreg or icscc dot com. Our largest grids are usually in Group 2 (SM) and Group 5 (ITA). Come join your Conference buddies!

Thanks,
Frank
SM/ITA #29

--------------------
Frank DiMiceli
2010 IRDC Race Chairman

Jason Rawlins

Car #: 20
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jason Rawlins     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Hey Red,

I'll be there.. Just haven't gotten around to entering yet.

--------------------
Jason
SM #20

Kyle Keenan Verified Driver
Pass right

Region: OR, NWR
Car #: 44
SMIM: AIM: KKRProducts
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Kyle Keenan   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I feel bad not racing as im sure OR SCCA could use the numbers, but Thomas Micich will be racing "for" me at the August race!

--------------------
Driver, #44 Spec Miata
ColdTrackDays.com

Gold Member

Icon 1 posted  Profile for B Wilson   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Oregon region regionals where skill, not chance determines finishing order -- I love dedicated run groups, and sprint/Race format for that matter. Oh, I'll be there!

-b

--------------------
Bruce Wilson
2010 Oregon Region Champ

terrell garrett
sanitation engineer

Region: nw
Car #: 8 is great
Year : 1993
Icon 1 posted  Profile for terrell garrett     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I will show up, mainly to settle the score with Keith. That is, if he has the'nads to show up! Maybe he will bring the radios so we can trash talk each other through the corners. Also, I hear that Randy is about to make his move and show us that speed he has been hiding. I think Randy is the ringer in this deal but he is waiting for thte right moment to make fools of Keith and myself.

--------------------
terrell garrett

terrell garrett
sanitation engineer

Icon 1 posted  Profile for terrell garrett     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I will show up, mainly to settle the score with Keith. That is, if he has the'nads to show up! Maybe he will bring the radios so we can trash talk each other through the corners. Also, I hear that Randy is about to make his move and show us that speed he has been hiding. I think Randy is the ringer in this deal but he is waiting for thte right moment to make fools of Keith and myself.

--------------------
terrell garrett

terrell garrett
sanitation engineer

That was weird. I only hit the button once. I will accept the double entry for emphasis.

--------------------
terrell garrett

Randy Thieme

Car #: 51
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Randy Thieme     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Still only seven entries. Hmmmm. Enough DNF's and I could have a podium! [duck]

weidspeed Verified Driver

Region: Oregon Region
Car #: 7
Year : 1992
Icon 1 posted  Profile for weidspeed     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I'm in! Yeah, racing every 6 months -- whether I need to or not. I'll be running the white MiataCage enduro car.

Jim Weidenbaum

Pack Fodder

I think I'm going. I'm sure you'll all hear about my aborted trip to canada later. Steve....your country sucks and I'll get you word about the motor today or tomorrow.

--------------------
Keith Novak
(Will work for tires)

PedalFaster Verified Driver

Region: Northwest
Car #: 86
Year : 1995
Icon 1 posted  Profile for PedalFaster     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I'm the only 1.8 driver who's allowed into my country. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Stephen Hui - '95 SM #86, Northwest / Oregon Region SCCA

Mike Colangelo Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: NWR
Car #: 37
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mike Colangelo     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Keith in WA:
I think I'm going. I'm sure you'll all hear about my aborted trip to canada later. Steve....your country sucks and I'll get you word about the motor today or tomorrow.

I guess the Canadian border guards heard about Keith's Maple syrup smuggling operation! [duck]

Randy Thieme

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Randy Thieme     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Mike Colangelo:
quote:

I guess the Canadian border guards heard about Keith's Maple syrup smuggling operation! [duck]
We told him not to try and hide it in his pants.

Randy Thieme

Bruce,

Will there be a BBQ? What day & time?

Kyle Freiheit

Region: NWR
Car #: #78 sorry Terrell
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Kyle Freiheit     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by PedalFaster:
I'm the only 1.8 driver who's allowed into my country. [Big Grin]

It's all Jim Eli's fault [Smile]

Kyle

Gold Member

Sorry folks, but we're struggling with putting together a BBQ for this race. We lost the motor in our expedition and the Jeep isn't big enough to carry everything. Unless someone else can think of something I think we'll be skipping the BBQ this race weekend... Sorry, but we'll get it figured out eventually.

-bw

--------------------
Bruce Wilson
2010 Oregon Region Champ

Randy Thieme

Sorry to hear about the lost motor in the expedition.

terrell garrett
sanitation engineer

Attendance this weekend is not looking good. I haven't touched the car and business is taking all my waking hours this week. Also, the kid is in the regional softball tournament this weekend.

Unless Keith is coming down to settle the grudge match I'm probably out until September.

--------------------
terrell garrett

Gold Member

You're coming aren't you Keith?

-bw

--------------------
Bruce Wilson
2010 Oregon Region Champ

weidspeed Verified Driver

Region: Oregon Region
Car #: 7
Icon 1 posted  Profile for weidspeed     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Tom,
Any lime green cars coming in from Bend this weekend?

Mark deR,
How about it ... coming down from Seattle? It'd be great watching you and Tom battle it out from my southern pole vantage point.

Jim Weidenbaum

Pack Fodder

I'm planning on it but I have to find Steve's number first since his motor is still in my car. Too many accounts and pieces of paper left in pants pockets to lose messages with important info.

--------------------
Keith Novak
(Will work for tires)

Kyle Keenan Verified Driver
Pass right

Region: OR, NWR
Car #: 44
SMIM: AIM: KKRProducts
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Kyle Keenan   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Jim, last I heard, Tom was out and it sounds like he will be camping this weekend!

--------------------
Driver, #44 Spec Miata
ColdTrackDays.com

Mark de Regt Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Veteran Member

Region: NWR/Oregon; ICSCC
Car #: 70
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mark de Regt   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Tom's out, and so am I. Sorry to miss you, Jim!

Randy Thieme

OK Terrell, Keith said he's planning on it.

Weather should be great - predicting highs in the mid-seventies and a very slight chance of precipt.

Gold Member

Let's go racing boyzzz!

-b

--------------------
Bruce Wilson
2010 Oregon Region Champ

Pack Fodder

Well since SCCA Enterprises still doesn't have any of the new larger 47mm restrictor plates in and there's a waiting list (so technically I will be non-compliant by the new rules for having an over-restricted motor) can I make up for that by not adding 25# more to my car? [Smile]

--------------------
Keith Novak
(Will work for tires)

Gold Member

How about you bore it out yourself? Everyone okay with that? We can all have fun measuring it in impound [Smile]

-bw

--------------------
Bruce Wilson
2010 Oregon Region Champ

Randy Thieme

Dang Bruce. Not what I want to read after having a beer. [Wink]

Gold Member

What you don't see us measuring after every race? Oh it happens!

-bw

--------------------
Bruce Wilson
2010 Oregon Region Champ

Tom's Double O Verified Driver

Car #: 00
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Tom's Double O     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by weidspeed:
Tom,
Any lime green cars coming in from Bend this weekend?

Jim Weidenbaum

I wish the mean 'green' machine was going to be there but unfortuantely it won't make the race this weekend [Frown]

Tom

Goggles Pisano

Fine with me if you bore it out.

--------------------
Ericjonesmotorsports.com

Gold Member

Keith found a RP...

Terrell, boogity boogity boogity [Big Grin]

-bw

--------------------
Bruce Wilson
2010 Oregon Region Champ

Dudley Redhead

Car #: 01
SMIM: 2009 Ore. Region Crew Chief of the Year 2010 Ore. Region ITA Champion
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Dudley Redhead     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Right now I only see 10 Miatas entered for this weekend. I will be at the track early Friday morning to reserve paddock space for Miata's. My intention to reserve space along the grass near the Spec Racer Ford area, in other words our usual space. I expect that Gary and group will be in their usual area.

If anyone has special paddock area needs let me know right away, other than Jason & Graffy. I already know what they need.

--------------------
Dudley Redhead

Goggles Pisano

Thanks Dudley. I'll be there Friday night this time. Just a 28 footer and an EZup. I'd love to pit with you guys.

--------------------
Ericjonesmotorsports.com

Pack Fodder

Turns out that Mazdaspeed had a few left over from 2008. Apparently they don't want to deal with them anymore but they found em and I had one overnighted.

--------------------
Keith Novak
(Will work for tires)

Pack Fodder

BTW I just got my groovy new Iron Canyon alignment kit so if anyone has a few minutes to give me some pointers on how to get up and running this weekend I'd appreciate it. [Smile]

--------------------
Keith Novak
(Will work for tires)

Randy Thieme

Dudley, will be there friday after 5. Need 2 slots. Let me have the usual one in front of the light pole and one next to it since I don't have a large trailer to pull through. Thnx

Randy Thieme

Btw Terrell says hi but too busy at work to make it. Will be there in september.

Pack Fodder

Red... If you could save me a spot for my car and preferably my pickup truck I'd appreciate it. The truck doesn't matter so much but it saves me time schlepping things back and forth to my paddock and with somewhere to put stuff it doesn't look so much like a yard sale.

I'm not on the list yet but planning on coming in zero dark thirty Sat morning.

Oh and Terrell...not only is trash talking back on now that we've settled the score but excuse for not being there mocking is now on the table too. Figure out what you want for your own helmet ear buds so you can hear me mock with clarity and in comfort. [yep]

--------------------
Keith Novak
(Will work for tires)

Pat Newton Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Enduro addict

Region: Northwest, Oregon
Car #: 79
Year : 90
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Pat Newton   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Good luck everybody, have a great weekend! Wish I could be out there with y'all. [yep]

--------------------
Crew Chief, 3D Racing #64, aka Team Scrappy 2.0
3rd place E2, 2009 25 Hours of Thunderhill

Crew Chief, EGR/Miller Motorsports #64, aka Team Scrappy
E2 Champions, 2008 25 Hours of Thunderhill

Gold Member

quote:
BTW I just got my groovy new Iron Canyon alignment kit so if anyone has a few minutes to give me some pointers on how to get up and running this weekend I'd appreciate it. [Smile]

You got it. Assuming you got the toe stick too? Bring a couple precision (1/32") rulers if you have some, otherwise we can borrow Kens or just use a stick and your thumb for squaring [Smile]

-bw

--------------------
Bruce Wilson
2010 Oregon Region Champ

Pack Fodder

I got the full set including toe stick and I have the electronic level you recommended which although I bought for the car has been really handy for my home remodeling jobs.

I'm not sure if you meant precision rulers if I don't have the toe stick but I have a few so I'll bring some either way.

--------------------
Keith Novak
(Will work for tires)

Page 1 of 2 1  2  next » 

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: