Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » Sports Car Club of America » SCCA North Pacific » August Roll Call (Page 2)

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic
Page 2 of 2 1  2 

Author Topic: August Roll Call
B Wilson Verified Driver Series Champ
Gold Member

Region: Oregon
Car #: 68
Year : 91
Icon 1 posted  Profile for B Wilson   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Keith in WA:
I got the full set including toe stick and I have the electronic level you recommended which although I bought for the car has been really handy for my home remodeling jobs.

I'm not sure if you meant precision rulers if I don't have the toe stick but I have a few so I'll bring some either way.

Need both. The precision rulers are to square the strings, the toe stick is for hooking folks from behind -- this is supposed to be fun [tipsy]

-b

--------------------
Bruce Wilson
2010 Oregon Region Champ
2010 Monte Shelton Driver of the Year
2010 25 Hours of Thunderhill E3 and Under 2 liter Overall Champion
Oregon Region SM Class Advisor

Goggles Pisano

Region: NW
Car #: 23
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Goggles Pisano   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

FYI. I have machinists rulers. US and metric in my track tool box.

--------------------
Ericjonesmotorsports.com
"If it can't kill ya, it ain't a sport."

terrell garrett
sanitation engineer

Region: nw
Car #: 8 is great
Year : 1993
Icon 1 posted  Profile for terrell garrett     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Keith,

Sorry I can't make it. Looks like about 20 hours of work to do this weekend in preparation for closing a loan Monday morning. They don't know it but I put the new engine expense under "general items".

I will definitely be there in September and will miss messing with you this weekend.

Good luck and safe racing to all this weekend! Post videos so I will feel even worse.

--------------------
terrell garrett

Pat Newton Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Enduro addict

Region: Northwest, Oregon
Car #: 79
Year : 90
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Pat Newton   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Just a reminder to post your reports folks! Who won, who lost, who broke, who crashed. [Smile]

It's a pleasant 90 degrees with low humidity today here in lovely Hollywood MD, but I certainly wouldn't mind if I was battling it out on track with all of you. [yep]

--------------------
Crew Chief, 3D Racing #64, aka Team Scrappy 2.0
3rd place E2, 2009 25 Hours of Thunderhill

Crew Chief, EGR/Miller Motorsports #64, aka Team Scrappy
E2 Champions, 2008 25 Hours of Thunderhill

Jason Rawlins

Car #: 20
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jason Rawlins     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Pat,

Great Day of Racing!

#1 Robert Linse
#2 Bruce Wilson
#3 Matt Shultz
#4 Gary Bockman
#5 Me
#6 Eric Jones
#7 Thomas Micich
#8 Jim Weidenbaum
#9 Randall Thieme

Robert Started with Pole, off track on lap 2, turn 7. I thought he was out! but no, he came from behind to take the win!!! great job Robert! You worked hard for that one!

--------------------
Jason
SM #20

Gold Member

Icon 1 posted  Profile for B Wilson   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Congrats to Robert, he drove 2 great races. In the Sprint, Robert executed a last lap pass on the outside of T10 and in the Race he used the draft to work his way back to the front after his off. I thought all I had to do was maintain a gap back to Gary but sure enough Robert did what he had to do to take the win.

The front of the field is getting really busy with 5 drivers dipping into the mid to low 31s.

Extended my points lead by 5 to 11, so I'm happy.

Also of notable mention, Randy took home his first trophy of the year in ITA and had the satisfaction of passing one of those 944s during the race. Lots of personal bests this weekend for quite a few folks.

Terrell, it's going to keep getting tougher [Big Grin]

Lots of fun!!!

-bw

--------------------
Bruce Wilson
2010 Oregon Region Champ

Jason Rawlins

Car #: 20
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jason Rawlins     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Here's Roberts video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKpG02ayjSc

--------------------
Jason
SM #20

JimEli Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: NWR
Car #: 5
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for JimEli   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Way to go Robert. Impressive drive. Give those old guys a run for it!

--------------------
UPR.com
Team LemonLappers

Keith in WA Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Pack Fodder

Region: NWR / Oregon
Car #: 88
Year : 95
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Keith in WA     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Nice job!!! It was cool watching that vid too. It helps me understand my data better...boy are my turn in points screwed up! [Razz]

A big congrats to Randy too. Not only did he take home a 3rd in ITA, he reset his personal best almost every session...by a huge margin beyond what he was shooting for. [yep]

--------------------
Keith Novak
(Will work for tires)

Keith in WA Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Pack Fodder

Region: NWR / Oregon
Car #: 88
Year : 95
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Keith in WA     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Oh and before I forget...a big thanks to Bruce, a gentleman and a scholor, for various bits of help this weekend.

My weekend started lousy. I forgot everything I knew about driving in the practice session. I did better qualifying but I was all over the map. Talked a few things over with him in the am and in the sprint, 5 of my 8 laps were better than my previous personal best, most by half a sec or more, and I remembered not to lose my head and immediately spin out the next lap due to inflated ego this time. (Plus thanks for the tires and showing me how to string the car.)

I was really looking fwd to the race and stomping Terrell's personal best, started to have some good fun with Jim W., then a temp warning light, thought it was an error, thought better and pulled off, alt belt was missing. [Frown]

--------------------
Keith Novak
(Will work for tires)

Randy Thieme

Car #: 51
Year : 1993
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Randy Thieme     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Thanks everybody, I had a blast. And congrats to Robert for a clean sweep of poles and wins.

Gold Member

quote:
Originally posted by Keith in WA:
Oh and before I forget...a big thanks to Bruce, a gentleman and a scholor, for various bits of help this weekend.

My weekend started lousy. I forgot everything I knew about driving in the practice session. I did better qualifying but I was all over the map. Talked a few things over with him in the am and in the sprint, 5 of my 8 laps were better than my previous personal best, most by half a sec or more, and I remembered not to lose my head and immediately spin out the next lap due to inflated ego this time. (Plus thanks for the tires and showing me how to string the car.)

I was really looking fwd to the race and stomping Terrell's personal best, started to have some good fun with Jim W., then a temp warning light, thought it was an error, thought better and pulled off, alt belt was missing. [Frown]

Wow, I thought I was just babbling a lot like I normally do. Someone decides to listen and look what happpens [Smile] You must have a good BS filter.

-bw

--------------------
Bruce Wilson
2010 Oregon Region Champ

Gold Member

Can't let Keith give me props without mentioning Will and Ken. All those guys that are knocking on the door for a podium or win soon are a direct result of Ken and Will lending a hand and giving advice to folks. That is the way this group continues to grow and for those of you who haven't raced with us in a while, I'm thinking you'd really be surprised at how good a group we really have in Oregon region. Give it a try sometimes, the dedicated run group is really a bonus and we always have a lot of fun. And yes the level of competition keeps making us faster... Half the group in the 31s, amazing!!!

-bw

--------------------
Bruce Wilson
2010 Oregon Region Champ

Kyle Keenan Verified Driver
Pass right

Region: OR, NWR
Car #: 44
SMIM: AIM: KKRProducts
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Kyle Keenan   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I had fun hanging out and helping my buddy Thomas Micich on Sunday. We had a small mechanical issue that made the car act up for the main race and lose power, but we've got it fixed and Thomas will be back out to do battle next race!

--------------------
Driver, #44 Spec Miata
ColdTrackDays.com

Tom's Double O Verified Driver

Car #: 00
Year : 1992
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Tom's Double O     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by B Wilson:
Can't let Keith give me props without mentioning Will and Ken. All those guys that are knocking on the door for a podium or win soon are a direct result of Ken and Will lending a hand and giving advice to folks. That is the way this group continues to grow and for those of you who haven't raced with us in a while, I'm thinking you'd really be surprised at how good a group we really have in Oregon region. Give it a try sometimes, the dedicated run group is really a bonus and we always have a lot of fun. And yes the level of competition keeps making us faster... Half the group in the 31s, amazing!!!

-bw

+1

The front runners keep helping the field get faster and faster [thumbsup]

And a big congrats to Robert on an awesome weekend:thumbsup:

Tom

Jim Graffy Verified Driver

Region: NW / OR
Car #: 01
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jim Graffy     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Congrats around for all the winners and personal bests set all weekend! As Bruce notes, a first class group of racers. Great race by Robert, AND CLEAN. Robert, Gary, and Matt 3 wide going into T-1. [duck] All survived!

I really wanted to be out playing, but a sick car from the ITA race left me in the bleachers. Red and I got the car into the shop tonight, and found the original diagnosis of a broken diff at the track was off base. Turns out the Torsen behaves like an open diff while performing "spin the tire while on jack stands" test. We did find a bad left rear wheel bearing. No wobble, but lots of crunchy grindy. Relatively inexpensive fix. Now how to get the outer bearing race off the hub. [help]

Jim

Will Schrader Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: oregon
Car #: 41
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Will Schrader     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Jim, you have a PM

Page 2 of 2 1  2 

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: