Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » Sports Car Club of America » SCCA North Pacific » Wilson is the Oregon Region Champ!

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: Wilson is the Oregon Region Champ!
Ken SM-94 Verified Driver
Veteran Member

Region: Oregon
Car #: 94
Year : 91
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Ken SM-94   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Fighting off a hard-charging Gary Bockman in the last few races of the season, Wilson gets it done!

Great job Bruce, it's been a long time coming.

We'll have an official celebration at our annual BBQ!

Ken

Jason Rawlins

Car #: 20
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jason Rawlins     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Yes, nice job Bruce!!

--------------------
Jason
SM #20

Mark de Regt Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Veteran Member

Region: NWR/Oregon; ICSCC
Car #: 70
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mark de Regt   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Congrats, Bruce!

Can we who weren't there get a synopsis of the weekend?

Ken SM-94 Verified Driver
Veteran Member

Car #: 94
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Ken SM-94   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

It rained a little.

Keith in WA Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Pack Fodder

Region: NWR / Oregon
Car #: 88
Year : 95
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Keith in WA     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

[rolling on floor laughin]

--------------------
Keith Novak
(Will work for tires)

Dudley Redhead

Car #: 01
SMIM: 2009 Ore. Region Crew Chief of the Year 2010 Ore. Region ITA Champion
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Dudley Redhead     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

great job, congratulations on your championship.

--------------------
Dudley Redhead

Will Schrader Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: oregon
Car #: 41
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Will Schrader     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

It takes a lot of work on and off the track to win a championship with this group. I happen to know a bit about Bruces dedication to his goal and he deserves to be the Champ for sure. And besides all that, he drives pretty good too!

Big congrats Brother! I am already working on your trophy.

Will

terrell garrett
sanitation engineer

Region: nw
Car #: 8 is great
Year : 1993
Icon 1 posted  Profile for terrell garrett     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Earned, not luck. Congratulations.

When are you going to start showing me some of those tricks you showed Keith? He can definitely beat me now and I need to change that.

--------------------
terrell garrett

Jonny Davies Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Veteran Member

Car #: #67
Year : 1992
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jonny Davies     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Impressive Victory. Congratulations! We are all happy for you. It couldn't have gone to a more deserving driver.

Will- when working on the trophy... remember, heavier is better!

Jonny

--------------------
Oregon Region SM 67
Hershner & Bell Insurance Agency

Drago Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
MegaModerator

Region: mid south
Car #: 2
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Drago   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Bruce
Is it time we move you to a faster run group? You seem to be driving flat out! [Big Grin]
Congratulations!
Jim

--------------------
Jim Drago
East Street Auto Salvage
jdrago1@aol.com
2006-2007 Mid-West Division
07,09 June Sprints Champion

EAST STREET RACING

Mark Drennan Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
Champion - '08 SOPAC / '07 SFR

Region: SFR & CalClub
Car #: Various
Year : 1994
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mark Drennan     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Congrats Bruce! Tough crowd to come out on top of...way to go!
-MD

Tom's Double O Verified Driver

Car #: 00
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Tom's Double O     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Bruce....YOU DA MAN !!!!!!

A big CONGRATS. You worked hard for this championship and it is well deserved. .....oh crap...we forgot to dump the Gatorade on you [Smile]

...and a BIG THANK YOU for everything you do for us in the NW. Greatly appreciated!

Tom

Pat Newton Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Enduro addict

Region: Northwest, Oregon
Car #: 79
Year : 90
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Pat Newton   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Warmest congrats my friend, you've worked very hard for it! Maybe this year you'll get the double whammy and capture the 25 Hour title as well. [yep] [Big Grin]

--------------------
Crew Chief, 3D Racing #64, aka Team Scrappy 2.0
3rd place E2, 2009 25 Hours of Thunderhill

Crew Chief, EGR/Miller Motorsports #64, aka Team Scrappy
E2 Champions, 2008 25 Hours of Thunderhill

B Wilson Verified Driver Series Champ
Gold Member

Car #: 68
Icon 1 posted  Profile for B Wilson   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Thanks to everyone for the kind words. It was a great season and I really appreciate the support that Everyone provided.

For those of you who've never done it, points racing can get really stupid near the end. The year started with the 3 glorious wins mixed with 8 second places and then it started to go downhill as I started to play it safe late in the season I'm looking forward to get back to no holds barred racing next year as that is the most fun for sure.

But for now, Pat's got it right, we are hyper focused on the race that slipped out of our hands in the morning hours the last two year.

Time to advance to the next run group and break that 4 year championship Streak Ken has in the NorPac division. Congrats to you too!!!

Thanks!

-bw

--------------------
Bruce Wilson
2010 Oregon Region Champ
2010 Monte Shelton Driver of the Year
2010 25 Hours of Thunderhill E3 and Under 2 liter Overall Champion
Oregon Region SM Class Advisor

Gold Member

Icon 1 posted  Profile for B Wilson   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Oh, and many thanks to my good friend and sponsor Sean Hedrick at Miatacage.com. Sean does so much for advancing Spec Miata racing with his extensive research in new products for both speed and safety. Thanks Sean!

-bw

--------------------
Bruce Wilson
2010 Oregon Region Champ

Mark de Regt Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Veteran Member

Region: NWR/Oregon; ICSCC
Car #: 70
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mark de Regt   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by B Wilson:
Oh, and many thanks to my good friend and sponsor Sean Hedrick at Miatacage.com. Sean does so much for advancing Spec Miata racing with his extensive research in new products for both speed and safety.

And his excellent support for Oregon Region racers, both on and off track.

terrell garrett
sanitation engineer

Region: nw
Car #: 8 is great
Year : 1993
Icon 1 posted  Profile for terrell garrett     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Bruce, don't forget to give credit to your wife. After all, she gives up a lot to come help with the barbecues and I am sure she scrimps on the household budget so you can have tires. Maybe two trophies are in order. Those wives who put up with our mid-life crisis racing habits are all pretty cool in my book.

--------------------
terrell garrett

Goggles Pisano

Region: NW
Car #: 23
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Goggles Pisano   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Congratulations Bruce! I can't wait for next year and to race all of you guys again. What a fun group!

--------------------
Ericjonesmotorsports.com
"If it can't kill ya, it ain't a sport."

Goggles Pisano

Car #: 23
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Goggles Pisano   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Thank you Red and Jim for the use of the rain tires. It really made my weekend!

--------------------
Ericjonesmotorsports.com
"If it can't kill ya, it ain't a sport."

Juan Pineda Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Veteran Member

Region: San Francisco
Car #: 34
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Juan Pineda   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Way to go, Bruce!

--------------------
www.ArtOfRoadRacing.com Race Craft Clinic - Thunderhill - 30 Jan 2011

Kyle Keenan Verified Driver
Pass right

Region: OR, NWR
Car #: 44
SMIM: AIM: KKRProducts
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Kyle Keenan   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Congrats to Bruce for pulling it off! You drove smart all year and it paid off!

I second the comment about Sean @ Miatacage! I don't think there's a single company more involved in the sport then Miatacage.com is!

So Ken, when's the said BBQ? I need more left side ballast [Smile]

--------------------
Driver, #44 Spec Miata
ColdTrackDays.com

Dudley Redhead

SMIM: 2009 Ore. Region Crew Chief of the Year 2010 Ore. Region ITA Champion
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Dudley Redhead     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

googles i couldn't see having such a rough weekend on dry tires. glad you had a good weekend.

i was just looking at the new loud pedal, there is a full page picture of jim graffy's car. i know how jim raced the last 2 races just working at getting points and playing it safe. thats thinking championship, and staying with the plan. the plan is what ultimately resulted in bruces championship, and jim's. really it takes guts to stick to the plan.

GREAT JOB GUYS, LETS START ALL OVER AGIAN IN MARCH.

--------------------
Dudley Redhead

Roger Caddell Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Victory Lane Data

Region: Northwest
Car #: #30
Year : 2007
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Roger Caddell   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Congrats Bruce!! Miss you guys.

--------------------
Thanks!

Roger Caddell

Victory Lane Data - Your Aim Data Acquisition Connection!
Andrew Caddell - Personal Website!

Gold Member

Thanks again everyone. Now for the long victory speech, because they won't let me do this at the banquet [Smile]

Spec Miata is a wonderful group of ultra-competitive drivers, crew and family. My victory is proof that you can advance to the front if you have enough support and perseverance to do so. Yes it does require a little bit of money but not as much as most people think. It's about the folks you have around you and the dedication you put into it. If you and the people closest to you believe it can be done, you will find a way to obtain your goals.

I started the season with a good car a fantastic crew, but I was missing a really important piece to the puzzle -- I was out of shape! I would often find myself exhausted at the end of the weekend when my driving counted the most. Before the 2010 season started, I embarked on a extensive training program and worked with a personal trainer who had experience training MotoGP racers. We worked on endurance, strength and balance. Throughout the year, I found myself able to work on my car and even help others with their issues and still have enough energy left at the end of the weekend to make it through a hot race without getting tired. So many thanks to my trainer Samuel Bumanglag!

And the team.

I consider my wife Lori to be one of the best racing wives anywhere. She knew from a young age that I had a dream to go racing. And even when our budget couldn't support it, she never let me give up on that dream. Like a lot of other folks, I grew into racing by buying a manual transmission car and attending autocross events in my region. And as each one of our two children were born, I started participating in a weekly Karting league. All these things took time away from my family but Lori knew how important it was to me and she continued to support me in my dream and that is more than any man can ask for. Thank you Lori!

And that brings me to my crew chief that has been with me for 8 years of SM racing. Jeff Jenks has been my best friend since childhood. We have been in trouble together more times than I could ever count. But two of the reasons I've been friends with Jeff so long is his personal resolve and character. Jeff has dedicated his career to helping troubled children and also cared for his ailing parents for most of his life. This year, soon after I won my first race, Jeff's father George, who was my biggest fan and supporter passed away, and this was a very devastating time for us all. How do we go on with such trivial pursuits when our lives fall down around us? We do so because it is what we love to do and it is important to us and it was important to George. Without a doubt, this season is dedicated to George and Jeff!

And finally thanks to all my friends in NWR, SFR and OR Regions. Can't wait to race with you all again!

-Bruce

--------------------
Bruce Wilson
2010 Oregon Region Champ

Team Cochran Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Member For Rent

Car #: 80
Year : 93
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Team Cochran     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Congrats Bruce, wish we could have been there!!

--------------------
Geoff
SM 80

JJWand Verified Driver

Car #: 99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for JJWand     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Congrats on the hard fought and well deserved championship. To be able to prevail over the quality of drivers in our region is truly something to be proud of. On top of that, your commitment to, and support of the OR SM drivers is amazing.

Enjoy it, because, to my knowledge, no one has ever had back-to-back OR region championships.

JW

--------------------
Jordan Wand / SM99

Jim Graffy Verified Driver

Region: NW / OR
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jim Graffy     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Bruce -

Congrats for your SM Championship!

A well earned, and as noted from your pears, a respected accomplishment.

Having seen what you have written for your Championship acknowledgement "speach", I believe that you should present it at the banquet. It is short and sweet! It conveys what Club Racing is really all about. The Memembership at large needs to be reminded of this message.

Jim

PS, JW doen't believe we have had "back-to-back" OR SM Champions. That I belive. I also contend that we have not had a repeat (multi) SM Champion?

W. Bonsell

Region: NWR/Oregon
Car #: #26
Icon 1 posted  Profile for W. Bonsell     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Yes congratulations Bruce...this being my first year racing, I certainly am aware of the tremendous commitment it takes to get to the top. Thanks for all your graciousness directed toward this back-marker!

Now if I just had some video from you I could improve my PIR times without even turning a wheel...

Bill

--------------------
William Bonsell
SCCA/ICSCC #26
SM/ITA

Andy Robottom Verified Driver

Car #: 113
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Andy Robottom     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Nice one Bruce - congrats!

--------------------
....drive your own line

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: