Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » Sports Car Club of America » SCCA North Pacific » Nor Cal Is Coming & Hell Comes With Us

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: Nor Cal Is Coming & Hell Comes With Us
Shop Teacher

Region: SF Nor Cal
Car #: #39
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Shop Teacher     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Just wanted to let you guys know we are coming up to take your money in the Chump race next weekend. You will have no problem identifying us we are the fast guys in a Miata and are tan from all of the warm weather down here.

--------------------
Al Angulo
Auto Instructor
Ford Senior Master Tech
ASE Master Tech

B Wilson Verified Driver Series Champ
Gold Member

Region: Oregon
Car #: 68
Year : 91
Icon 1 posted  Profile for B Wilson   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Hah, we are so confident, that we are racing a real chump car, a Protege DX that we bought for $300 3 years ago. and we will beat you with our crew driving. No ringers, in fact none of our drivers even hold a regional license.

You guys will be so cold, you won't want to bother with shifting and you may want to make sure your horn works, because when you come in for fuel, you'll find your crew will be huddled around the heater in the trailer all night [Big Grin]

It'll be good to see you again Al... Bring it!

-b

--------------------
Bruce Wilson
2010 Oregon Region Champ
2010 Monte Shelton Driver of the Year
2010 25 Hours of Thunderhill E3 and Under 2 liter Overall Champion
Oregon Region SM Class Advisor

Dudley Redhead

Car #: 01
SMIM: 2009 Ore. Region Crew Chief of the Year 2010 Ore. Region ITA Champion
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Dudley Redhead     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Al glad to see you are making another trip north to play with us. now all you must do is fullfill your statement of being fast. our non licensed drivers have the fastest coaches.

Al, after your chump car wupping, you and all your miata friends need to join us for some real spec miata racing. Hope to see you soon.

I really enjoyed having you here for rose cup, lets do it agian next year.

Really hope you and your friends have a great time in the chump car race.

--------------------
Dudley Redhead

Shop Teacher

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Shop Teacher     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Oh did i mention we have a girl on our team and a red headed step child. Our car also has seat warmers and cappuccino holder we should be fine if its below 80. Thank you for your concern.

Cant wait to see all of you guys again.

--------------------
Al Angulo
Auto Instructor
Ford Senior Master Tech
ASE Master Tech

Ken SM-94 Verified Driver
Veteran Member

Car #: 94
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Ken SM-94   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
your crew will be huddled around the heater in the trailer all night
Yep, in OUR trailer! [Razz]

Good luck!

Mike Colangelo Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: NWR
Car #: 37
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mike Colangelo     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I'll be driving an open top 1976 (or 1977?) MGB painted to look like a bumblebee.

Be sure to wave as you go by and if you see any Lucas electrical parts on the tarmac, it probably belongs to us. [Wink]

Good luck to everybody and I hope it doesn't rain much!!!

Shop Teacher

RAIN who said anything about RAIN! We don't have a top on this car.

--------------------
Al Angulo
Auto Instructor
Ford Senior Master Tech
ASE Master Tech

Kyle Keenan Verified Driver
Pass right

Region: OR, NWR
Car #: 44
SMIM: AIM: KKRProducts
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Kyle Keenan   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Al, tarps are on sale currently at Harbor Freight. Hope your budget allows for another dollar or two....

--------------------
Driver, #44 Spec Miata
ColdTrackDays.com

Shop Teacher

-

Take a good look at the front of it now cause its the last time your going to see it.

--------------------
Al Angulo
Auto Instructor
Ford Senior Master Tech
ASE Master Tech

Mike Colangelo Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: NWR
Car #: 37
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mike Colangelo     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Shop Teacher:
 -

Take a good look at the front of it now cause its the last time your going to see it.

Trash talk?!

People's Curse for you, mister! [Big Grin]

Shop Teacher

WE WERE ROBBED!

--------------------
Al Angulo
Auto Instructor
Ford Senior Master Tech
ASE Master Tech

Gold Member

Icon 1 posted  Profile for B Wilson   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Al, here's a tip. Brake pads work better than mustangs [Big Grin] Beat by a made-for-tv 70s rock band bus driven by our crew, pretty sad.

Great seeing you guys! See ya soon...

-bw

--------------------
Bruce Wilson
2010 Oregon Region Champ

DionJ Verified Driver

Region: SF
Icon 1 posted  Profile for DionJ     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

He told us it was a deer

Shop Teacher

It was a deer It ran across the track and I hit it. I didnt bring it home because it was only a forked horn and that zone is 3 points or better. But with one minute to spare we got the car going for race 2. worked our way to third and was called in for the same penalty twice. Stupid cali plates are a curse.

--------------------
Al Angulo
Auto Instructor
Ford Senior Master Tech
ASE Master Tech

DionJ Verified Driver

Icon 1 posted  Profile for DionJ     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

and i did NOT pass 74 cars under yellow, there were only 71 there

rookie530

Region: san francisco
Icon 1 posted  Profile for rookie530     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

damn al you sure did talk a lot of trash just to end up totaling a mustang. im almost thinking that was your initial goal hahaha
and who was the red headed step child i thought that was me?
-rookie

--------------------
will mccloskey

Dan Cooper Verified Driver

Region: San Francisco
Car #: 35
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Dan Cooper     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Geez Will, that sure looks like Al's car in your avatar. You can kiss that goodbye if you keep talking like that. =]

--------------------
Dan
--
Green Miata #35
Integriteam/Integratis

Juan Pineda Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Veteran Member

Region: San Francisco
Car #: 34
Year : 1992
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Juan Pineda   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by DionJ:
and i did NOT pass 74 cars under yellow, there were only 71 there

Well, how many times did you lap the field under yellow? [Smile]

--------------------
www.ArtOfRoadRacing.com Race Craft Clinic - Thunderhill - 30 Jan 2011

Ron Alan Made Donation to Website

Year : 95
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Ron Alan     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Dan Cooper:
Geez Will, that sure looks like Al's car in your avatar. You can kiss that goodbye if you keep talking like that. =]

Will is going to be sporting a new nose ring next time we see him...kind of like the ones you see on cattle [laughing]

--------------------
-RA

"Happy birthday, I didn't get you a present...Oh, mom got you one? Well, that's from me then too, unless it's shitty."
9:52 AM Sep 14th, 2009 via web
http://twitter.com/shitmydadsays

Gold Member

Dude you hit bambie? That's even worse than hitting a stang in Oregon.

Dion I think it was okay to pass under yellow in the first race, but not in the second. The rules were pretty much a moving target, but that's chumpcar racing [Smile]

-b

--------------------
Bruce Wilson
2010 Oregon Region Champ

Keith in WA Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Pack Fodder

Region: NWR / Oregon
Car #: 88
Year : 95
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Keith in WA     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Yet another prime example of why in the NW, Spec Miata should always get our own run group. It's simply more Eco-friendly...

In Spokane CC, the shark was attacked by a Pinto then bit the tail of a Free Range chicken on my watch. (Big parade float animals) In ITA I've meerly had to dodge a flying racoon carcass and a family of ducks. (Real but small critters.) In SM, nothing worse than bugs on the windshield. Nobody likes bugs.

Obviously the broader mix of cars, the bigger the critters that get hit.

--------------------
Keith Novak
(Will work for tires)

Shop Teacher

Chump Race in Feb. at T hill I dare you to enter! We are deer free in that zone, just look out for pheasants.

--------------------
Al Angulo
Auto Instructor
Ford Senior Master Tech
ASE Master Tech

Shop Teacher

I have to say the local folks up their were very nice to us. One lent us his exhaust right off his own car so we could make sound. Another lent us his radiator for day to off of the car he drove there. Then later on in the race he cut off Dion and Dion let him know he was still #1 in his books. I have to say for the most part Oregon folks are all right.

--------------------
Al Angulo
Auto Instructor
Ford Senior Master Tech
ASE Master Tech

Sacslider
Uber time waster

Region: SFRegion
Car #: #27
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Sacslider   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Anyone that can total a mustang with a miata and still race the next day gets my vote.

--------------------
Craig Evans
#27 Spec Miata
San Francisco Region
Life, Liberty, and pursuit of another checkered flag.
SpecMiataSuperstore.com

Shop Teacher

I dont know about total but i smashed the hell out of that tail lens. It pushed our bumper to the T Stat housing.

--------------------
Al Angulo
Auto Instructor
Ford Senior Master Tech
ASE Master Tech

Kyle Keenan Verified Driver
Pass right

Region: OR, NWR
Car #: 44
SMIM: AIM: KKRProducts
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Kyle Keenan   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Shop Teacher:
Chump Race in Feb. at T hill I dare you to enter! We are deer free in that zone, just look out for pheasants.

And Al's car [Wink]

--------------------
Driver, #44 Spec Miata
ColdTrackDays.com

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: