Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » Sports Car Club of America » SCCA North Pacific » ORP Race

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: ORP Race
Thomas Micich

Region: Oregon Region
Car #: 92
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Thomas Micich   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Does anyone know if theres going to be a SCCA trackday before that race?

--------------------
2010 Howard Allen Novice Driver of the Year
7 Time Karting Champion
Amsoil/Mayor Apparel/KKR Products/Spy Optics/Fluid Muscle Recovery

Randy Thieme

Region: Oregon
Car #: 51
Year : 1993
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Randy Thieme     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Pro-Drive should have their test day schedule out soon. The Oregon chapter of Porsche Club of America has been holding a number of track days there. Might want to start watching their schedule too. Don't have the link memorized or else I'd post it but it's easy to find.

Joyof6

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Joyof6     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

PCA has a lapping day at ORP on May 14 & 15. check MSR to sign up

Mike Colangelo Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: NWR
Car #: 37
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mike Colangelo     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

This year, Team Continental of the ICSCC had several track days there (as well as a race). I expect them to do something similar in 2011.

Randy Thieme

Car #: 51
Year : 1993
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Randy Thieme     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Just checked the Pro-Drive website and looks like their 2011 calendar isn't out yet.

W. Bonsell

Region: NWR/Oregon
Car #: #26
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for W. Bonsell     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I believe the tentative SCCA Oregon OPR date may be August 20-21st, but not sure if that date has been confirmed with ORP yet.

Conference (ICSCC) has two tentative dates set for ORP - May 28,29,30 and Sept 17,18. I know Conference generally has a test and tune day before.

The local Porsche clubs will run track days, but they have very strict insurance rules and may make it difficult for you if you have not run with them in the past. And you have to register after they have made reservations available to PCA members first. I would suggest you find out who their DE chief instructor is and contact him before registering. Info should be available on Oregon PCA website.

Gads, this is a long and wet winter so far. I'm board silly!!

Bill

--------------------
William Bonsell
SCCA/ICSCC #26
SM/ITA

Mike Colangelo Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: NWR
Car #: 37
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mike Colangelo     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Also, the local Porsche, BMW, and Audi clubs have reciprocal agreements to let members of these clubs participate in each other's track days and other events. I've done track days with the Oregon PCA and Audi Club Northwest based on my BMW CCA membership. I've always had a good time, too.

Thomas Micich

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Thomas Micich   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

The problem I run into is that im under 18 and most clubs wont let me run.

--------------------
7 Time Karting Champion

W. Bonsell

Region: NWR/Oregon
Car #: #26
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for W. Bonsell     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Ah yes, young grasshopper. That is a problem. Forgot your just a really talented "kid". I would suspect most of the clubs would require you being 18, even though you can enter SCCA races.

Have a great Christmas Thomas....

Bill

--------------------
William Bonsell
SCCA/ICSCC #26
SM/ITA

Thomas Micich

Thanks you to! Cant wait to race with you at the kart enduro

--------------------
7 Time Karting Champion

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: