Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » National Auto Sport Association » NASA Discussion » We's gonna be on the TV!

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: We's gonna be on the TV!
Jason Holland Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Mediocrity rules!

Region: SouthEast
Car #: 28
Year : 95
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jason Holland   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

August 3, 2009 11:55 AM
The National AutoSport Association (NASA) is pleased to announce that 2009 NASA Championship Spec Miata Race presented by Mothers® Polishes·Waxes·Cleaners will be broadcast on cable TV shortly after the race at Miller Motorsports Park on September 13, 2009.

“We are excited to announce that we have secured TV coverage which will allow millions of fans to experience the excitement of the Spec Miata National Championship race,” said Jeremy Croiset, Sponsorship Manager for NASA. “In addition to the live webcast coverage, TV placement will allow us to reach a very wide audience, which will enhance the visibility of the Spec Miata racing class along with providing the sponsors supporting the race excellent exposure for their investment. We are working hard to secure additional funding for more classes to join the TV package, but we wanted to share this good news with everyone and let the Spec Miata community know that this year’s race will air on television. We look forward to bringing our racers more exciting news regarding the event in the near future."

--------------------
Jason Holland
Semi-interested civilian

Motor City Hamilton

Region: Great Lakes/Detroit
Car #: 51
Year : 1994 Miata
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Motor City Hamilton     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Did they reveal a network yet? I thought that I had read before that the NASA championships was going to be on Versus.

Waco Racer Verified Driver

Region: Lone Star
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Waco Racer     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Momma says TV is the devil! [shame]

Sean Allen Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Veteran Member

Region: SFR
Car #: 54!
Year : 90'
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Sean Allen   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

The 25hours of Thunderhill is going to be on Versus, I'm pretty sure this will be too. Great news!

Mediocrity rules!

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jason Holland   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Yeah, pretty sure it's versus

--------------------
Jason Holland
Semi-interested civilian

Mediocrity rules!

quote:
Originally posted by Waco Racer:
Momma says TV is the devil! [shame]

No, Foozball is the devil.

--------------------
Jason Holland
Semi-interested civilian

Motor City Hamilton

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Motor City Hamilton     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Can Versus really be considered a real cable network?

Oh... sorry... still bitter about them cutting into the Redwings Playoffs overtime to show the pre-game of the NY Rangers game. Just stupid to cut into an overtime game like that. And who scheduled two NHL playoff games on the same network in the same day anyway. Must be they didn't expect many viewers.

Mediocrity rules!

It's more of a cable network than youtube where I see most of my races...

--------------------
Jason Holland
Semi-interested civilian

Dusty Bottoms Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
99 all the way!

Region: Lone Star
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Dusty Bottoms     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Vs is awesome. Reminds me of Speedvision...showing a lot of "fringe" stuff like road racing, cycling, and NHL. [duck]

--------------------
"Your victory is tainted! Asterisk! Asterisk!!!"--Lisa Simpson

Lance Snyder Made Donation to Website
Administrator

Region: Atlanta
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Lance Snyder     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I agree about them cutting off the Red Stinks game for the RumpRangers pre-game... not cool.

quote:
And who scheduled two NHL playoff games on the same network in the same day anyway.
And which other network is going to carry an NHL game? Sometimes these games will collide due to scheduling, arena scheduling can be a female dog.

Versus also shows WEC, hence I like Versus.

--------------------
All this has happened before, and will happen again

Motor City Hamilton

Speed Channel has become half NASCAR network and half Pinks. Versus is trying to change from a rodeo and killin' small critters network to a sports network by picking up all of the lowest rated sports on TV. ESPN will no longer show hockey scores in their scrolls because of the loss of NHL.

I would expect to see a "coming soon to VS" NBA, tennis, ice skating, pool, curling...

Motor City Hamilton

quote:
Originally posted by Jason Holland:
It's more of a cable network than youtube where I see most of my races...

That's funny. [Smile]

My latest Youtube video has 403 views. That equals about a 0.00002 adults rating. Wanna buy ad space next to it. At current VS cost per rating I could charge about $18.30.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsCV79yTdw4

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: