Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » National Auto Sport Association » NASA Discussion » Competition License - Confused

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: Competition License - Confused
Teamfour Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: WDCR
Car #: 04
Year : 1993
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Teamfour   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I have read two different scenarios for applying for a NASA license while possessing an SCCA regional license:

From the NASA website: Read this section if you have: 1. A current or expired license from another org. 2. Hold a professional school certificate Please fax the following formation: 1. Completed Provisional License Application 2. A copy of your state driver's license 3. A copy of your racing license or school certificate 4. A copy of a Medical Form (from other orgs, ok) 5. A coversheet with a credit card number with expiration date.

And from the CCR:

14.1 Issuance of NASA Competition License NASA Competition Licenses are only issued from the NASA National Office, and are honored by all Regions. The National Office will evaluate each candidate on a case by case basis and may issue a Competition License providing that the license candidate meet one of the following sets of conditions:
14.1.2 SCCA or IMSA (PSR) license holders
Regional, National, Pro:
1. Submit a copy of their current SCCA or IMSA (PSR) license.
2. Submit a copy of their state driverís license.
3. Submit a copy of their last Physical Exam Form.
4. Submit the appropriate license fee.
5. Submit an Application for Competition License

So, do I apply for a provisional license, or do I go straight to a competition license?

--------------------
Lee Tilton
1993 Meowta #04
Brimtek Motorsports/ Team Four Racing
Team Four Racing

MPR22

Region: Southwest
Car #: 22
Year : 92'
Icon 1 posted  Profile for MPR22     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I sent in my Novice permit from SCCA and they sent me the NASA sent me provisional license. I just have to put some Rs on the sides and rear and run a funny looking orange taped plate. Good to go.

I believe you can get a competition license when SCCA sends you your Regional license.

--------------------
Michael Ross

G. Davis Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: WDC
Car #: 03
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for G. Davis     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

e-mail the licensing rep in your region. They are very helpful.

--------------------
--------------------

Glenn Davis

Steven Holloway Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Blue Eyes, Aquarius, hates being squeezed to the grass in SowDiv!

Region: Lonestar
Car #: 97
Year : 91
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Steven Holloway     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

The Directors for our Division apparently don't answer emails.
Lee, call the National NASA office, they're very helpful.

--------------------
If you can't fix it with a hammer, it's got electrical problems.

Teamfour Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: WDCR
Car #: 04
Year : 1993
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Teamfour   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Steven Holloway:
The Directors for our Division apparently don't answer emails.
Lee, call the National NASA office, they're very helpful.

Steven, I learned that a few months ago. I will call National. Thanks.

--------------------
Lee Tilton
1993 Meowta #04
Brimtek Motorsports/ Team Four Racing
Team Four Racing

NASA Florida

Region: Florida Region of NASA
Car #: 711
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for NASA Florida   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

If you have been actually racing with SCCA, and don't just have a rookie permit or a graduation certificate from a racing school, you will probably be issued a regular license. So, apply for the regular license, and at worst case you will get the rookie permit after evaluation.

We have not received any inquiries via emails on this subject, and I just saw this on my way to update a post we are running. A direct e-mail to us is the best way to get to NASA Florida if you want a quick answer. The e-mail address is nasafl@comcast.net

We also can help with questions by giving us a call at 239-549-3876

Steve Nix
NASA Florida

pat slattery Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Veteran Member

Region: cincy
Car #: 79
Year : 92
Icon 1 posted  Profile for pat slattery     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

--------------------
keeping the faith for the 1.6

Arrow Karts

d mathias Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: OVR
Car #: 88
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for d mathias     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Why get second hand info? Go straight to the source: http://www.nasaproracing.com/aboutnasa/regions.html

Dave Ho in the National office is extremely helpful and can answer all your questions.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: