Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » National Auto Sport Association » NASA Discussion » NASA CHAMPIONSHIP (Page 2)

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic
Page 2 of 3 1  2  3  next » 

Author Topic: NASA CHAMPIONSHIP
Mike Bell Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Mentally Retired

Region: NASA TX
Car #: 16
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mike Bell   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Did SSM race in a combined group? Mylaps doesn't have them separated, hard to tell.

--------------------
Mike Bell
http://www.bns-racing.com/sm.jpg

Danny Steyn Verified Driver

Region: SE
Car #: 39
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Danny Steyn   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Dan - Congrats on the new SM lap Record!

Congrats to all - looking forward to hearing the post tech comments.

--------------------
Danny
http://www.dannysteyn.com
http://www.adeptstudios.com
OPM Autosports | Traqmate | Rossini Racing Engines
2010 June Sprints Champ, 2010 ARRC SMX Champ
2009 SARRC Champ, 2009 SEDiv ECR Champ, 2009 FES Champ
2008 SEDiv ECR Champ

bpigpen

Region: sfr
Car #: 20
Year : 95
Icon 1 posted  Profile for bpigpen     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Where can we get the results?

JIM DANIELS Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
Site Founder

Region: Mid-South
Car #: 76
Year : "You Pick"
Icon 1 posted  Profile for JIM DANIELS   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

All I heard thus far is Sammy DQed from the win due to shocks.

--------------------
Jim Daniels

MAZDARACERS.COM

Jason Holland Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Mediocrity rules!

Region: SouthEast
Car #: 28
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jason Holland   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by B Wilson:
Shocking news.

-bw

Only if by shocking you mean totally expected.

--------------------
Jason Holland
Semi-interested civilian

guest driver

Region: 011
Car #: 47
Year : 94
Icon 1 posted  Profile for guest driver     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Jason Holland:
quote:
Shocking news.

-bw

No, by "shocking" he means;
that's 'all' they found on that car?

B Wilson Verified Driver Series Champ
Gold Member

Region: Oregon
Car #: 68
Year : 91
Icon 1 posted  Profile for B Wilson   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by guest driver:
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Holland:
quote:
Shocking news. [Roll Eyes]

-bw

No, by "shocking" he means;
that's 'all' they found on that car?

With added Graemlin.

-b

--------------------
Bruce Wilson
2010 Oregon Region Champ
2010 Monte Shelton Driver of the Year
2010 25 Hours of Thunderhill E3 and Under 2 liter Overall Champion
Oregon Region SM Class Advisor

fastbrewer

Region: Utah
Car #: 93
Year : 1996
Icon 1 posted  Profile for fastbrewer     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I just got home and had a great time this year!

I did however realize that my 14 year old motor might need to go this winter [Roll Eyes]

Congratulations to all that came out. I'm stoked for 2 of our local boys being on the podium!! Go Dan, Go Tyler!! Also note that Dan started 22 or so in the race and made it to the front. He has some incredible race craft

Something else that needs mentioning is that everyone that took the green flag finished the race. We didn't lose a single car in the 40+ car field!

I'm really tired but what a great time.

-Jon Lee

Jason Holland Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Mediocrity rules!

Region: SouthEast
Car #: 28
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jason Holland   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Way to go stig!

--------------------
Jason Holland
Semi-interested civilian

Apex to Apex

Region: NASA Mid-West
Car #: 077
Year : 1995
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Apex to Apex     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by JIM DANIELS:
All I heard thus far is Sammy DQed from the win due to shocks.

What specifically were the violations in impound?

--------------------
"Driving is a serious business" - John Milner, 'American Graffiti'

Sean Hoover

Region: San Francisco
Car #: 63
Year : 2001
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Sean Hoover   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I found the entire spec miata race already posted if anyone is interested.
http://vimeo.com/15086823

--------------------
Sean Hoover
http://www.hooverspeed.com
(916) 806-2550

Mark Franklin Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: Colorado
Car #: 25
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mark Franklin     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I had a blast this week racing with Karl, Tyler, Tyler, Jon, Grant, Derek, Andy, Dean, Sammy, and Steve. You guys were so clean and fun to race with. Congrats to Dan on a well-deserved win, although I didn't see much of him on track. My crew (Craig and Brandon) were awesome!! Many thanks to Jim Daniels, Bob Thornton, and Race-Keeper (Steve and Angus). Without any one of you, I'd be 5 more spots behind where I did finish.

A big thanks to NASA! You guys (Dave!) put on a professional, competitive, but mostly fun, event.

--------------------
SM #25 RMD

Todd Green Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Car #: 55
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Todd Green   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by bpigpen:
Where can we get the results?

http://www.mylaps.com/results/showevent.jsp?id=595153

Assuming they don't change it again.

SeanH88

Region: OR
Car #: 88
Icon 1 posted  Profile for SeanH88     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Ok.... So I can not possibly be the only one thinking this.

How many times do we let someone get away with cheating. Isn't this the same person who got busted for moving suspension pickup points?

Lifetime ban?

Sean

Kent Carter Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Future Never Has Been

Region: Houston
Car #: 91
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Kent Carter   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by SeanH88:
Ok.... So I can not possibly be the only one thinking this.

How many times do we let someone get away with cheating. Isn't this the same person who got busted for moving suspension pickup points?

Lifetime ban?

Sean

This is the first time NASA caught him. He still has 2 (or 200?) strikes to go.

--------------------
Do I turn my 99 Hard S into a killerfast SM or seek a donor?

tony senese Verified Driver
Phew, that was close!

Car #: 99
Year : 1994
Icon 1 posted  Profile for tony senese   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by SeanH88:
Sean

Two different sanctioning bodies, Sammy was not ever penalized by NASA before

--------------------
Tony Senese
SM#99
2008 NASA-NE SM Champion
NASA-NE SM Director
2008 PRO-IT SM 3rd place
http://www.nosenseyet.com/coppermine

Juan Pineda Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Veteran Member

Car #: 34
Year : 1992
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Juan Pineda   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I had a great time, my first time out to Miller and the NASA Championships. I made some new friends, and had a great time chasing them around, trying to pick up a few tricks. I never did quite get the hang on it. So am itching for a rematch...

Some interesting statistics on the level of competition. I note that last year, top 10 were within 1 second, top 20 within 3.5, and top 30 within 5.5. This year, the top 10 within 1 second, top 20 within 2, and top 30 within 3. So it seems the Championships are attracting the best of the best.

Thanks everyone for a great time!

-Juan

--------------------
www.ArtOfRoadRacing.com Race Craft Clinic - Thunderhill - 30 Jan 2011

B Wilson Verified Driver Series Champ
Gold Member

Region: Oregon
Car #: 68
Year : 91
Icon 1 posted  Profile for B Wilson   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I just find it strange that a dude would spend that kind of money and time going to a championship race with out of spec equipment. I mean he should have known that he gave Nasa a black eye last time and that they probably had a lot of motivation (and a Mr. Collins) to make sure that didn't happen again. Just seems silly to me.

BTW, Miatacage.com has a dyno service that you can use to make sure yours are legal too. They can compare to all the legal shocks they ever dynoed, and I can tell you that it is really obvious when one isn't within spec. Seems like a lot of folks were using the same rebuild service. Should we be concerned, or was that a special order???

-b

--------------------
Bruce Wilson
2010 Oregon Region Champ
2010 Monte Shelton Driver of the Year
2010 25 Hours of Thunderhill E3 and Under 2 liter Overall Champion
Oregon Region SM Class Advisor

Mike Anzaldi

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mike Anzaldi     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

winning, then being tossed for cheating?
sorry, but i still don't get the point in even going. where's the fun in going home to family and friends to explain how you were the national champion for 30 minutes before they discovered you're a fraud?

pretty sure i'd choose root canal over that conversation.

--------------------
Mike

trimless1 Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Low Budget Member

Region: Southwest
Car #: 11
Year : 99 and 93
Icon 1 posted  Profile for trimless1     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Kudo's to NASA for a well run event! The MMP track and staff are first class and i really enjoyed spending the week there. Personally had some tough luck chasing mechanical issues all week but managed to qualify well only to go 4 wheels off on lap 2 to lose 15 positions. Special thanks to Andy Rushing for helping me learn the track, Karl Zimmerman and Sammy Valafar for thier help and advice on the mechanical issues. And big thanks to my crew Charles Mathes for making the trip to help out this weekend.

--------------------
Gale Corley
99 SM GRE Super Deluxe
93 SM GRE Jr. Deluxe

Nsparks Verified Driver

Region: Gulf Coast
Car #: 12
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Nsparks     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Hey guys. Just got home after having left as soon as we could after the main race. 35 hours really makes you feel like a zombie. It was well worth it in the end! I had a great time and look forward to Mid-Ohio next year.

Thanks to NASA for a great week of racing and for those who helped with the party, Mazda for the great track side support (and free shirts), and to my dad. I would not have been able to be Randy Evans backup (I finished right behind him in all three races) if it weren't for him.
Also, I debated life strategies with Whitis does that count?

--------------------
2009 TMC East coast Champion.
Spec Miata-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zA_Dt-omsbc

Veteran Member

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Juan Pineda   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Sean Hoover:
I found the entire spec miata race already posted if anyone is interested.
http://vimeo.com/15086823

Nice coverage. No love for the back half of the field, though. [Smile]

They kept saying that Andy Rushing was in the #50 car. Was that right? #50 was Karl's car. Did they swap?

-Juan

--------------------

SeanH88

Region: OR
Car #: 88
Icon 1 posted  Profile for SeanH88     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Not sure why it double posted, so I am editing to take out the 2nd duplicate post.

Tvance13

Car #: 85
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Tvance13   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

What a great week! Many thanks to Louis at Rush Motorsport for a well prepared car, my mom and dad for all of their support over the years, Sparco and of course MazdaSpeed.

NASA did a great job and kept everyone honest. Great to see the level of tech at this event (thanks to both Mike Collins and JJ our race director). A win in PTE made up for the ill handling car I had at the end of the SM race...Where was that double yellow I was looking for...Can't forget to thank Danny McKeever, he helped me get up to speed quickly and kept me motivated after the DQ for weight on Thursday.

Congratulations to all, it was a great battle and some fun racing. Great to meet so many new people. Had a blast! Wish we could do it again at MMP next year.

--------------------
http://TylerVanceRacing.com

Jeff Lyon Verified Driver
Still on Probation!

Region: NorCal/SFR
Car #: 17/19
Year : 92/89
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jeff Lyon   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I wanted to add my two cents, the NASA Nationals at Miller was an awesome experience. [thumbsup]
I made mistakes that I haven't made in years like stabbing the brake peddle instead of pressing the clutch pedal on a race start or grabbing 2nd gear instead of 4th in T1 on the first lap of the big race and spinning off into the dirt and coming back onto the track dead last, but it was still a great experience. Miller Motorsports Park is world class facility and the track is very challenging. I am hoping to return soon. Maybe the Nats will return in a few years and I can be a tad more competitive. [Confused] Either way I will be there. Everyone I met was great including Mr. McKeever and congrats to him.

--------------------
Jeff
NorCal/SFR
OneStopRaceShop

John Mueller Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Okay, not the slowest anymore...

Region: SoCal
Car #: 13
Icon 1 posted  Profile for John Mueller   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Lyon:
Maybe the Nats will return in a few years and I can be a tad more competitive. [Confused] Either way I will be there.

Unless the plan has changed after two years at Miller (2009 & 10) it was set to alternate back-and-forth with Mid-Ohio (2011, 13, 15) and Miller (2012, 14, 16). Don't quote me on it just yet.

--------------------
Thanks,
John Mueller
NASA SM National Director
http://www.Weekend-Racer.com
#13 "Tiger Miata" - 2009 SoCal SSM Champion

Jeff Lyon Verified Driver
Still on Probation!

Region: NorCal/SFR
Car #: 17/19
Year : 92/89
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jeff Lyon   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

@John, at the BBQ they said that the Nats would be at Mid-Ohio for the next two years but they did not have solid plans after that.

--------------------
Jeff
NorCal/SFR
OneStopRaceShop

Gatoratty Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: Central Florida
Car #: 3
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Gatoratty     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Daytona might put in a bid if NASA issues an RFP. They are considering bidding for the SCCA runoffs.

--------------------
Paul McLester

John Mueller Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Okay, not the slowest anymore...

Region: SoCal
Car #: 13
Icon 1 posted  Profile for John Mueller   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Lyon:
@John, at the BBQ they said that the Nats would be at Mid-Ohio for the next two years but they did not have solid plans after that.

I'll get the skinny and post withing a few weeks.

Personally I'd prefer an every-other-year thing because the tow to Ohio will kill my Suburban w/ 237K miles. But, I don't make the decision and understand the economics... There are a ton of cars within a easy'ish days drive of Lexington, Ohio.

[ 09-21-2010, 11:06 AM: Message edited by: John Mueller ]

--------------------
Thanks,
John Mueller
NASA SM National Director
http://www.Weekend-Racer.com
#13 "Tiger Miata" - 2009 SoCal SSM Champion

Drago Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
MegaModerator

Region: mid south
Car #: 2
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Drago   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Tvance13:

NASA did a great job and kept everyone honest. Great to see the level of tech at this event (thanks to both Mike Collins and JJ our race director). A win in PTE made up for the ill handling car I had at the end of the SM race...

Congrats, how was the 01 car there? still down on power or better with 43 mm plate?
Jim

--------------------
Jim Drago
East Street Auto Salvage
jdrago1@aol.com
2006-2007 Mid-West Division
07,09 June Sprints Champion

EAST STREET RACING

Ron Alan Made Donation to Website

Region: SF
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Ron Alan     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Drago:
quote:
Originally posted by Tvance13:

NASA did a great job and kept everyone honest. Great to see the level of tech at this event (thanks to both Mike Collins and JJ our race director). A win in PTE made up for the ill handling car I had at the end of the SM race...

Congrats, how was the 01 car there? still down on power or better with 43 mm plate?
Jim

I don't think Mr. Vance was lacking any power(in SM race)...evident in Dean's video!

--------------------
-RA

"Happy birthday, I didn't get you a present...Oh, mom got you one? Well, that's from me then too, unless it's shitty."
9:52 AM Sep 14th, 2009 via web
http://twitter.com/shitmydadsays

Tvance13

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Tvance13   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Jim - Thanks - Car was good, but no better than any other front running NB. Ask Collins, he saw the Dyno numbers. Like Lamb said, the key to the front straight is how you come off the last corner. Mckeever provided some valuable insight for those last two turns. He also proved (unfortunately for me) that you could get around my car and many others with a back up 1.6.

Good luck at the Run Offs, hope to see you out at a track in SoCal sometime soon.

--------------------

Gatoratty Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: Central Florida
Car #: 3
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Gatoratty     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

John

The tow from Orlando to Salt Lake City is 2350 miles and 37 hrs of driving. The tow from Orlando to Ohio is 949 miles and 13 hrs.

The tow from Los Angeles to Ohio is 2250 miles. The tow from LA to Salt lake is only 650 mies. That is why the NASA Championships have been more of a West Coast Championship.

The tow to Road America from Orlando is 1300 mies and 22 hours.

--------------------
Paul McLester

dtfastbear Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
faster than the average bear...

Region: SFR / NorCal
Car #: 72
Year : 93
Icon 1 posted  Profile for dtfastbear   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Hmmm, I think a more detailed review of my video will show that the exit speed at Release was not the primary cause for the difference in speed down the front straight. Its pretty easy to see the relative speed differences as we exit the turn, the relative speeds about mid way down the straight and then at the end of the straight. Doesn't bode well for the 1.6 against the 2001 on any sort of HP track. In the twisty parts, the 2001 was obviously struggling, though.

--------------------
NASA Nor Cal SM series Director
www.molaps.com

Winner - Ford Racing Mustang Challenge Driver Shootout

Evil Genius Racing / Race Engineering / Stewart Development

Veteran Member

I have to agree with Dean here about the 2001 motor vs the 1.6L. Lots of examples on the main straight in Dean's video starting at time 14:00:

http://vimeo.com/15108713

The trailing car should always have the advantage in the draft if power is equal. With similar exits, time and time again, the 1.6L cannot even keep up in the draft of the #85 2001 engine.

Compare that video vs this video of the #72 1.6L vs. the #77 (99?) 1.8L:

http://vimeo.com/15071482

Look at pretty much all the main straight segments. The 1.6L can always suck up to the 1.8L by the end of the straight even in cases where the 1.8L gets a bit better exit. These two cars are much better matched along the main straight than the #85 vs the #72.

-Juan

--------------------

Tvance13

The 85 car is available for purchase, so anyone looking for a power advantage should feel free to inquire [Big Grin]

--------------------

trimless1 Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Low Budget Member

Region: Southwest
Car #: 11
Year : 99 and 93
Icon 1 posted  Profile for trimless1     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Just for clarification, the #77 car (Valafar) was driving a 1.8, not a 99.

--------------------
Gale Corley
99 SM GRE Super Deluxe
93 SM GRE Jr. Deluxe

dkizerian Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Car #: 98
Year : 93
Icon 1 posted  Profile for dkizerian     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I want to say thank you to everyone that made the haul to Utah for this great event! Thanks to Dave B. and the rest of the Nasa Staff for all of the work they put into this event. I want to give a HUGE thanks to JJ and Matt, our race directors.

Hats off to John the Evil Genius for his dyno session well into friday night with the Utah gang.

Glad we had so many of Group F make it to the BBQ thursday, much better turnout than in 2009.

Hopefully the NASA Championships find their way back to MMP in 2013!

Dave Kizerian
#98 white w/red ft bumper

--------------------
Dave Kizerian
Utah Region SCCA
Road Race Director

Astro Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Car #: 87
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Astro     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

So who were the engine builders of the top 10 finsihers (and Valafar)? I am trying to decide who to build my motor this winter! [Smile]

--------------------
David Spencer
1990 Miata - #87 SM

Jamie Tucker Series Champ

ARRC 2010 Champ

Region: CFR
Car #: 97
Year : 1990/99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jamie Tucker     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Valafar had an Autotechnik engine in his 1.8 as well as in the 99 he is driving at the Runoffs. Andrew Von C, Jeff Labounty (he owns Auto Techniks), Chip Van Vurst, and Alex Balonos are also using Auto Technik power at the runoffs.

--------------------
2010 ARRC Champion
2010 CFR Champion
2010 instigator of the year
2010/2011 Andrew Von C Wingman

Mitch Reading Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: Philadelphia
Car #: 65
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mitch Reading     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I thought the Chipster and a lot of the SE guys run/ran Rossini? Good stuff Jamie, if true, sounds like Jeff has a great engine program going.

--------------------
http://www.mitchum.ms

ARRC 2010 Champ

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jamie Tucker     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Mitch Reading:
I thought the Chipster and a lot of the SE guys run/ran Rossini? Good stuff Jamie, if true, sounds like Jeff has a great engine program going.

There were a few down here that used Rossini engines but now Danny S is the last one that I know of. Chip, myself, Cliffy Chains, Cliff Brown, the Swede, and the rest I mentioned earlier are running Jeff's engines. They have been real good! As a matter of fact the engine that has been in my car for the past year (which has been used a lot) is now sitting 4th on the grid at the runoffs and as soon as it comes back it will go back in my car for another year. I may be a little biased because Jeff is a friend but looking at the wins and top 5 in National and regional races I do not believe any engine builder can come close to his record; especially when you look at the races that had all of the major engines in it.

--------------------
2010 ARRC Champion
2010 CFR Champion

dp35 Verified Driver

Region: SFR
Car #: 51
Icon 1 posted  Profile for dp35     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Astro:
So who were the engine builders of the top 10 finsihers (and Valafar)? I am trying to decide who to build my motor this winter! [Smile]

Dan McKeever won with a borrowed 1.6 engine built by Jeff Lyon of One Stop Race Shop, and the 1.6's in 2nd, 3rd, and 4th all had Race Engineering lumps.

--------------------
2010 SCCA Regional Driver of the Year
2010 25 Hours of Thunderhill E1 Class winner, MX-5 Cup

Evil Genius

Region: San francisco
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Evil Genius   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by dp35:
quote:
Originally posted by Astro:

Dan McKeever won with a borrowed 1.6 engine built by Jeff Lyon of One Stop Race Shop, and the 1.6's in 2nd, 3rd, and 4th all had Race Engineering lumps.
Yep a bunch of RE motors and Dan's One Stop Motor, I tuned the lot of them on the Dynapack that I rented up at Miller, they were close on power, even closer on torque and area under the torque curve.. About 2 hp covered the front 4 cars...

--------------------
John L Pagel
http://www.evilgeniusracing.com
john@evilgeniusracing.com

Danny Steyn Verified Driver

Region: SE
Car #: 39
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Danny Steyn   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie Tucker:
quote:

There were a few down here that used Rossini engines but now Danny S is the last one that I know of. Chip, myself, Cliffy Chains, Cliff Brown, the Swede, and the rest I mentioned earlier are running Jeff's engines. They have been real good! As a matter of fact the engine that has been in my car for the past year (which has been used a lot) is now sitting 4th on the grid at the runoffs and as soon as it comes back it will go back in my car for another year. I may be a little biased because Jeff is a friend but looking at the wins and top 5 in National and regional races I do not believe any engine builder can come close to his record; especially when you look at the races that had all of the major engines in it.
Mitch, I dont mean to hijack this thread, and Jamie I dont mean to show any disrespect to you or Jeff, but I have it on good authority that the engine that powered Chip to 4th at the Runoffs last week was in fact a Rossini, as was the engine in Bolanos's car.

--------------------
Danny
http://www.dannysteyn.com
http://www.adeptstudios.com
OPM Autosports | Traqmate | Rossini Racing Engines
2010 June Sprints Champ, 2010 ARRC SMX Champ
2009 SARRC Champ, 2009 SEDiv ECR Champ, 2009 FES Champ
2008 SEDiv ECR Champ

ARRC 2010 Champ

quote:
Originally posted by Danny Steyn:
quote:
quote:

Mitch, I dont mean to hijack this thread, and Jamie I dont mean to show any disrespect to you or Jeff, but I have it on good authority that the engine that powered Chip to 4th at the Runoffs last week was in fact a Rossini, as was the engine in Bolanos's car.
Bolanos was running one of Chips other cars and it may have had a Rossini (Bolanos's own car has a Jeff engine) but Chip WAS NOT running a Rossini.

--------------------
2010 ARRC Champion
2010 CFR Champion

mr von charbonneau

Region: 83
Car #: any
Year : any
Icon 1 posted  Profile for mr von charbonneau   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

real fact chips engine
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmk5TxrG_rk

Karl Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
2001 ARRC Winner

Region: SW
Car #: 50
Year : 1600
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Karl   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Dean's video is great for all to see. How are we on parity guys?

p.s. "God Save the Queen" from a French motor??

JMorris

Icon 1 posted  Profile for JMorris     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Mitch Reading:
[qb] Chip, myself, Cliffy Chains, Cliff Brown, the Swede, and the rest I mentioned earlier are running Jeff's engines. They have been real good! As a matter of fact the engine that has been in my car for the past year (which has been used a lot) is now sitting 4th on the grid at the runoffs and as soon as it comes back it will go back in my car for another year. I may be a little biased because Jeff is a friend but looking at the wins and top 5 in National and regional races I do not believe any engine builder can come close to his record; especially when you look at the races that had all of the major engines in it.

Both Jeff and Drago use Stewart heads, so do those wins count for Jeff or Stewart? [Wink]
J~

CLee

Region: Southern California
Car #: 33
Icon 1 posted  Profile for CLee   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Here's a link to some pics from Miller weekend:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=26774&id=128819680496459&ref=mf

Page 2 of 3 1  2  3  next » 

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: