Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » National Auto Sport Association » NASA Discussion » SM class, NASA Nationals on TV 11/16/10, 2:30PM PT

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: SM class, NASA Nationals on TV 11/16/10, 2:30PM PT
dp35 Verified Driver

Region: SFR
Car #: 51
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for dp35     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

The Spec Miata class from this year's NASA Nationals will be shown on Versus TV on Tuesday November 16th, at 2:30 Pacific Time.
(Versus is Channel 603 on DirecTV)

--------------------
2010 SCCA Regional Driver of the Year
2010 25 Hours of Thunderhill E1 Class winner, MX-5 Cup

Trussell17t

Region: WDCR
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Trussell17t     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

and i think 151 on Dish

--------------------
http://www.travistrussell.com

http://www.WrtSpeedWerx.com

htron435 Made Donation to Website

Region: NASA GLD
Car #: 113
Icon 1 posted  Profile for htron435   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Any news on this? I'm seeing "pro spec miata" on VS at 5:30 EST on the 16th. Is this the same thing? I'm not seeing anything referring to the NASA National Championship race.

--------------------
Jay
Car Dealer
ATC/Motiv Trailer Dealer
http://www.jaynorthauto.com

htron435 Made Donation to Website

Region: NASA GLD
Car #: 113
Icon 1 posted  Profile for htron435   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Never mind. Just found this on the NASA website:

RICHMOND, CA - The National Auto Sport Association (NASA) is pleased to announce that the Spec Miata race presented by Mothers® Polishes●Waxes●Cleaners from the 2010 NASA Championships will be telecast on the Versus Network November 16, 2010 at 5:30 p.m. EST.

“This telecast will mark the third consecutive year in a row the Spec Miata National Championship race had received television coverage,” said Jeremy Croiset, Sponsorship Manager for NASA. “In addition to the live and on-demand webcast coverage, TV placement allows us to reach a very wide audience enhancing the visibility of the Spec Miata racing class along with providing the sponsors supporting the race excellent exposure for their investment. We are excited that we can provide a spotlight for competitors in what many describe as one of the most competitive races in the country.”

In addition to this exciting coverage, the live SpeedcastTV broadcast from the 2010 NASA Championships presented by Toyo Tires at Miller Motorsports Park is available on demand for free at http://www.speedcasttv.com/nasa

--------------------
Jay
Car Dealer
ATC/Motiv Trailer Dealer
http://www.jaynorthauto.com

Juan Pineda Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Veteran Member

Region: San Francisco
Car #: 34
Year : 1992
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Juan Pineda   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Thanks for the reminder! Just programmed the TiVo.

-Juan

--------------------
www.ArtOfRoadRacing.com Race Craft Clinic - Thunderhill - 30 Jan 2011

Randy Thieme

Region: Oregon
Year : 1993
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Randy Thieme     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I see it on the Versus website but Comcast in the Portland OR area isn't listing it. Instead they're showing Formula Drift in that time slot. Same thing for Comcast in Sacramento. Keeping my fingers crossed this is because Comcast's schedule needs updating.

Kyle Burkhardt

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Kyle Burkhardt     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

That's what my comcast says too.

--------------------
Kyle Burkhardt
NASA Midwest
#12 SM

Dan Cooper Verified Driver

Car #: 35
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Dan Cooper     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

same Comcast situation.

Who wants to host the viewing party?

=]

--------------------
Dan
--
Green Miata #35
Integriteam/Integratis

Randy Thieme

Region: Oregon
Year : 1993
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Randy Thieme     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Setting the DVR nonetheless. Hope springs eternal or something like that.

Gatoratty Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: Central Florida
Car #: 3
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Gatoratty     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Orlando it is listed at 5:30pm EST as Pro Spec Miata Racing Series

--------------------
Paul McLester

fastbrewer

Region: Utah
Car #: 93
Year : 1996
Icon 1 posted  Profile for fastbrewer     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

This is so exciting! I can't wait to see where I finish!

Even though the car is put away for winter I think I can still have a decent showing [yep]

Scottie

Region: WDCR
Car #: sm 19
Year : 93
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Scottie     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I have comcast and all it says is "auto racing"

--------------------
How do I fit this ls7 into my mia... nevermind.

pat slattery Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Veteran Member

Region: cincy
Car #: 79
Year : 92
Icon 1 posted  Profile for pat slattery     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Hasen't your race been on Speedcast for about two months now?

Pat

--------------------
keeping the faith for the 1.6

Arrow Karts

CP Verified Driver

Region: NER
Car #: 7
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for CP   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I liked how they had in-car from one of the front runners.

--------------------
-Cy
Supported by LTD Racing & Speed Shack - New England's Premier Auto Accessory Store
Rt1 AutoMile - Norwood, MA
http://www.speedshackonline.com

Drago Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
MegaModerator

Region: mid south
Car #: 2
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Drago   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I watched the race last night. The editing kind of stunk. The last segment went from a 10 car pack fighting for 2-10 and after comemercial, it came back to Mckeever and The blue car all alone. I forget the guys name in blue car that finished third, but they said it was first year. He drove a really good race.

Tyler Dahl
You did the big guys proud, You were very fast through the turns and all over Grant. Good job!
Jim

--------------------
Jim Drago
East Street Auto Salvage
jdrago1@aol.com
2006-2007 Mid-West Division
07,09 June Sprints Champion

EAST STREET RACING

dp35 Verified Driver

Icon 1 posted  Profile for dp35     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Jim - thanks!

The Blue Car (AKA Darin Polsley)

--------------------
2010 SCCA Regional Driver of the Year
2010 25 Hours of Thunderhill E1 Class winner, MX-5 Cup

Johnny D Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Hot Member

Car #: 88 SM
Year : 99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Johnny D     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by dp35:
Jim - thanks!

The Blue Car (AKA Darin Polsley)

And for sale for a very reasonable price. [Big Grin]
http://classifieds.specmiata.com/detail.php?id=3281

J~

--------------------
Avatar Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ww9cFE3lKcA

MegaModerator

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Drago   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

No problem Darin, you looked really smooth and fast!

--------------------
Jim Drago
East Street Auto Salvage
jdrago1@aol.com

EAST STREET RACING

TR6

Region: Southwest
Car #: 500
Year : 2002
Icon 1 posted  Profile for TR6     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I just watched this last night also. Really enjoyed it. Great racing! One thing I was wondering when I was watching it and listening to the announcers: I am guessing that the footage was edited together well after the race (including splicing in the in-car shots). I had this picture in my mind of the two announcers sitting in a room somewhere doing the voice track while watching the edited video on a computer monitor, but using an announcer style that made it sound as if they were seeing it as it happened. Does anyone know if this is how they do these things?

--------------------
Greg H.
2002 red Miata #500
Denton, Texas

dkizerian Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Car #: 98
Year : 93
Icon 1 posted  Profile for dkizerian     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by TR6:
I just watched this last night also. Really enjoyed it. Great racing! One thing I was wondering when I was watching it and listening to the announcers: I am guessing that the footage was edited together well after the race (including splicing in the in-car shots). I had this picture in my mind of the two announcers sitting in a room somewhere doing the voice track while watching the edited video on a computer monitor, but using an announcer style that made it sound as if they were seeing it as it happened. Does anyone know if this is how they do these things?

Greg, this is pretty much what happened. The first version of the video had an announcer talking, but they kept calling Karl Andy, and there were some other errors. They went back in, edited it all down, added the in-car, then did fresh voice over.

Much of the pre-recorded racing you watch is done this way.

--------------------
Dave Kizerian
Utah Region SCCA
Road Race Director

Juan Pineda Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Veteran Member

Car #: 34
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Juan Pineda   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Hey, I was on TV! Although by just barely a flash of a white bumper. This is either an awesome accomplishment, or a sign of how low the bar is set these days for what ends up on TV... [Smile]

Great racing, everyone! Exciting to watch (my part notwithstanding.)

-Juan

--------------------
www.ArtOfRoadRacing.com Race Craft Clinic - Thunderhill - 30 Jan 2011

John A - 5X Racing Verified Driver
www.5xracing.com

Region: NASA FL / CFR SCCA
Car #: 25
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for John A - 5X Racing   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

The race for 2nd was great! I was on the edge of my seat.

Looks like a fast momentum track with a bunch of light/no brakes needed corners, looks like the torque of the 99 cars didn't have too much of an advantage here as opposed to Road America.

--------------------
John Adamczyk

Owner: 5X Racing Online Race Shop
Driver: Team 5X Racing #25 Spec Miata
NASA FL Race Director
Race Engineering Powered 1.6

pat slattery Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Veteran Member

Region: cincy
Car #: 79
Year : 92
Icon 1 posted  Profile for pat slattery     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by John A - 5X Racing:

Looks like a fast momentum track with a bunch of light/no brakes needed corners, looks like the torque of the 99 cars didn't have too much of an advantage here as opposed to Road America.

Do you think the 99's have an advantage at R/A?
Pat

--------------------
keeping the faith for the 1.6

Arrow Karts

MegaModerator

quote:

or perhaps maybe, just maybe the best drivers and/or best prepared cars weren't 99's? Maybe the best combos were out front as it should be, as it was at Road America and Miller IMO.

--------------------
Jim Drago
East Street Auto Salvage
jdrago1@aol.com

EAST STREET RACING

www.5xracing.com

Icon 1 posted  Profile for John A - 5X Racing   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by pat slattery:
quote:

Do you think the 99's have an advantage at R/A?
Pat

Having never been there or raced there, I cannot accurately comment first hand on the matter from personal experience, but looking at the sheer number of 99 cars that people brought and the finishing results, I would assume the 99 is probably better at RA than the 1.6. If the 1.6 was better or equal at RA, I would assume the big dogs would have brought them instead.

--------------------
John Adamczyk

NASA FL Race Director

www.5xracing.com

quote:
Originally posted by Drago:
quote:

or perhaps maybe, just maybe the best drivers and/or best prepared cars weren't 99's? Maybe the best combos were out front as it should be, as it was at Road America and Miller IMO.
Perhaps. I would have to agree that a well sorted 1.6 combined with a good driver at Miller was the best combo at that track. If all tracks were flat and had high speed corners, it'd be easy to equalize these things right?

--------------------
John Adamczyk

NASA FL Race Director

Tyler Dahl Verified Driver Series Champ

Car #: 70
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Tyler Dahl     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Thanks Jim, but I owe it all to the left side weight that I have.

Darin was fast and waited for the right time to make his move to the front.

Dan was just a man on a mission.

As far as the 99's go Mark Franklin was up front and had a good finish and if Andy didn't have any trouble he would have been up there as well.

Here are my videos from the whole week I finally decided to spend 8 hours and get them uploaded.

Thursday
1-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNstTZ4_M4A

2- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xI7pI-K35WE

Friday
1- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsL_pUundSY

2- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_6JQgE-KUs

Final
1- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFA2jIjMS6k

2- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6hmuO_m0eE

3- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GceeTz-Zwns

4- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcI-6ki1u_8

--------------------
Tyler Dahl
Race Engineering
Miatacage.com
Carbotech

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: