Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » National Auto Sport Association » NASA Discussion » NASA rack shims

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: NASA rack shims
Willie the Tard Verified Driver

Region: NASA Texas
Car #: 8
Year : 92
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Willie the Tard   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Does anyone sell rack shims yet?

If not, does anyone have NA subframe that they could measure for me. I need the dimensions of rack mounting surface and bolt hole location (relative to the shim dimensions and bolt center to center).

--------------------
William Keeling a.k.a. Willie the Tard

John Mueller Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Okay, not the slowest anymore...

Region: SoCal
Car #: 13
Year : 1992
Icon 1 posted  Profile for John Mueller   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Once my car gets back from the body shop I'll measure (about two weeks)... I'll be going to HomeDepot to get the stock.

--------------------
Thanks,
John Mueller
NASA SM National Director
http://www.Weekend-Racer.com
#13 "Tiger Miata" - 2009 SoCal SSM Champion

David Dewhurst
Veteran Member

Icon 1 posted  Profile for David Dewhurst     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Willie, put my boots on, shoveled my way behind the garage, sweep the snow off the 1990 front subframe & measured the power steering threaded mounting hole locations.

If you were to make a pad 1 inch wide by 4 1/8 inch long with one hole 1/2 inch from one end & the hole centers 3 1/8 inch you would be in fat city. Make the holes 7/16 inch diameter to cover any error I made in measuring the hole centers. [scratchchin]

--------------------
Have Fun [Wink]

David Dewhurst
CenDiv
Milwaukee Region
Spec Miata #14

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Willie the Tard   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

cool -- thanks was the 1/2 from the end to hole cneter or edge?

--------------------

David Dewhurst
Veteran Member

Icon 1 posted  Profile for David Dewhurst     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

From the end of spacer to the center of hole.

--------------------
Have Fun [Wink]

David Dewhurst
CenDiv
Milwaukee Region
Spec Miata #14

thanks

--------------------

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: