Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » Mid Western Council » MWC Discussion » Great Lakes Grand Prix May 19-21 2006

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: Great Lakes Grand Prix May 19-21 2006
jimbob Verified Driver

Region: Midwestern Council
Car #: 54
Year : 91
Icon 14 posted  Profile for jimbob     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Tire Wall Day - Apr 29th 8am. If you show up for the tire wall day you get to eat Brats and get a look at the course in all it's splendor (build a couple of tire sets and run the course with your street car on a full belly). BTW you also get a 1/2 off coupon to use for the 19th of May for the test day. That takes the cost from $120 to $60 (ok can you tell my club is running this yet???)

jimbob Verified Driver

Icon 1 posted  Profile for jimbob     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

If the Diff is fixed by then I will be running. Who else is planning on coming for the event not the tire wall day?

Steve Scheifler Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Veteran Member

Region: STL
Car #: 82
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Steve Scheifler     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

We hope to be there, including Friday since we've never seen the track before. But first we need to survive Gateway. [Wink] Don't think we can get away an extra day for helping with the tire wall. Sorry.

DaveC Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: Milwaukee/Midwestern Council
Car #: 23
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for DaveC     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I should be there.

--------------------
Dave Cox

jimbob Verified Driver

Icon 1 posted  Profile for jimbob     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Dave posted video to specmiatavideos.com from last year. I wanted to get somthing to you guys if you need video sooner. I have a 2 lap video of qualifing for the mile from last year. I tried to post it to the MC groups file location on yahoo but it is too big. (32mb) Does anyone in MC have a location that I can post it to so you all can access it?

jimbob Verified Driver

I have given this out to a few folks. If you have a ftp location PM me and I will upload trhe file for you.

DaveC Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: Milwaukee/Midwestern Council
Car #: 23
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for DaveC     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

How did things go?

--------------------
Dave Cox

Steve Scheifler Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Veteran Member

Region: STL
Car #: 82
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Steve Scheifler     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Not the easiest place to race in several ways, but the weather held and they managed to keep things moving with a tight schedule. The turnout was light, probably due to the SCCA event at Blackhawk, but there were enough loyal Council racers to make for a fun weekend. Tom won SM and ITA again, and lowered the SM track record by about four tenths. I was in a rental again and managed to qualify first in class for both events, but only raced SM and never really challenged Tom but had a lot of fun dicing and swapping places with James O'Hare. It was our first time at the track so the learning curve was pretty steep, so next time we hope to do the test day and try to find a decent setup.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: