Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » Mid Western Council » MWC Discussion » '06 novice season video

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: '06 novice season video
Jason S

Region: Chicago
Icon 14 posted  Profile for Jason S     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

No more "X" for me...council is a great place to develop skill, learned a lot from just watching you guys...thanks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvg_hAhIM0o

Steve Scheifler Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Veteran Member

Region: STL
Car #: 82
Year : 1991
Icon 14 posted  Profile for Steve Scheifler     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Nice job Jason, both the video and the driving. You seem to have better situational awareness than some of the non-novices around you. [Smile]

Brad Verified Driver Series Champ
2007 SCCA Champion

Region: SFR
Car #: 14
Year : 1994
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Brad     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Nice Job Jason, I love that song.

Watching your video made me think, for 1 second, that Miata's aren't totally gay to race! [Big Grin]

You've definitely got skill, keep at it. Great driving for your first season.

willy_1959 Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: Milwaukee+Midwest council madison club
Car #: 36
Year : 93
Icon 1 posted  Profile for willy_1959   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

hey, I saw ME in a few of those shots [Smile]

--------------------
http://btdtracing.com - Miata Parts

Dusty Bottoms Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
99 all the way!

Region: Lone Star
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Dusty Bottoms     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Anyone know why some youtube links don't work for me? I get all the text displayed instead of the actual page. If I go search the title and click on it I can view the results but the link doesn't work for me.

--------------------
"Your victory is tainted! Asterisk! Asterisk!!!"--Lisa Simpson

Tom Scheifler Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
Veteran Member

Region: MIDIV-STL
Car #: 28
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Tom Scheifler   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Steve Scheifler:
You seem to have better situational awareness than some of the non-novices around you. [Smile]

I resemble that remark. [Wink]

BTW, Jason, doesn't that loud music distract you while you're racing? [Big Grin]

Dusty Bottoms Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
99 all the way!

Region: Lone Star
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Dusty Bottoms     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

OK I got it working...I needed a macromedia flash upgrade.

Thanks for the PMs.

--------------------
"Your victory is tainted! Asterisk! Asterisk!!!"--Lisa Simpson

Lance Snyder Made Donation to Website
Administrator

Region: Atlanta
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Lance Snyder     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Brad:

Watching your video made me think

Is anyone else as scared as I am at the mere idea of Brad thinking? [duck]

Heck of a video, you really had a good sense to know when you could stick it in and when backing out of a corner would be a good thing.

Drago Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
MegaModerator

Region: mid south
Car #: 2
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Drago   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Brad:
Nice Job Jason, I love that song.

It reminds Brad of me! [Big Grin]

Good job on tape, fun to watch

Brad Verified Driver Series Champ
2007 SCCA Champion

Region: SFR
Car #: 14
Year : 1994
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Brad     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I must have watched the wrong video. What's the link to the video with the song:

"Fat man in a little suit" [rolling on floor laughin]

Steve Scheifler Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Veteran Member

Region: STL
Car #: 82
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Steve Scheifler     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Tom Scheifler:
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Scheifler:
You seem to have better situational awareness than some of the non-novices around you. [Smile]

I resemble that remark. [Wink]

Actually, if you watch closely that's you and I he waves by at 1:30. Nice clip. [Smile]

quote:

BTW, Jason, doesn't that loud music distract you while you're racing? [Big Grin]

[rockband] [rolling on floor laughin]

Pat Newton Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Enduro addict

Region: Northwest, Oregon
Car #: 79
Year : 90
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Pat Newton   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Either your suit is sized wrong (sleeves too short) or you need better gloves. Your wrists appear to be exposed most of the time. That would be a Bad Thing (tm) in a fire.

Great vid, though. [yep]

--------------------
Crew Chief, 3D Racing #64, aka Team Scrappy 2.0
3rd place E2, 2009 25 Hours of Thunderhill

Crew Chief, EGR/Miller Motorsports #64, aka Team Scrappy
E2 Champions, 2008 25 Hours of Thunderhill

Jason S

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jason S     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

glad to hear you guys enjoyed it...thanks for all the comments

Dave J Verified Driver

Region: St. Louis
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Dave J     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Nice job, Jason. I would feel very comfortable racing with you - good sense of where to give and where to take. We should all be that attentive when we race.

Man, are you smooth with the wheel! My videos look like I am driving offroad - I definitely yank the wheel around more. Maybe you can give me a few pointers. See you at the track!
Dave Jones

Jason S

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jason S     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

DJ, I think the "yanking" of the wheel might be the fast method, just from viewing other's videos? I personally think I need to be more agressive?

Please other council members, post some video...help me get through the winter, sick of my stuff already.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: