Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » Mid Western Council » MWC Discussion » RA roll call...

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: RA roll call...
jensen Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Icon 1 posted  Profile for jensen     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Who's in? I'm running SM and ITA on Sat and Sun...

--------------------
Matt Jensen
SCCA SM Cen-Div
MC NASA 68

backusm Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ

Region: CenDiv
Car #: 94
Year : 90
Icon 1 posted  Profile for backusm     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Im in

--------------------
Mike Backus
90 SM white #94

Steve Scheifler Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Veteran Member

Region: STL
Car #: 82
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Steve Scheifler     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Our rig is still stranded at Blackhawk and I'm not optimistic that the truck will be ready by then. But if I can find a way to drag the trailer out of there we'll try to make it. Hey Dave W., got room in that transporter?

DaveC Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: Milwaukee/Midwestern Council
Car #: 23
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for DaveC     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I am in for probably 3 of the 4.

--------------------
Dave Cox

Tom #63

Region: Cen-Div
Car #: #63
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Tom #63     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I'm planning on both days.

Jason S

Region: Chicago
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jason S     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

first timer at RA...can't wait

Tom Scheifler Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
Veteran Member

Region: MIDIV-STL
Car #: 28
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Tom Scheifler   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Jason S:
first timer at RA...can't wait

Great fun. Bring your large brass ones. [Big Grin]

--------------------
http://www.plainoldgas.com

willy_1959 Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: Milwaukee+Midwest council madison club
Car #: 36
Year : 93
Icon 1 posted  Profile for willy_1959   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I will be there
2 class's saturday, taking it easy with one on sunday

--------------------
http://btdtracing.com - Miata Parts

Dave J Verified Driver

Region: St. Louis
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Dave J     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Here is my dream SM lap... it would be close if we only could use that shifter!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNzQgAXsr_o

old65 Verified Driver

Car #: 6
Year : 1992
Icon 1 posted  Profile for old65     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I'm in, two gropus, two days.

old65 Verified Driver

Icon 1 posted  Profile for old65     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

By the way, the word out is that there will be worker rides Saturday after the races end.
If any of you have a passenger seat that you can bring and give some workers and your crew members a ride it wuld be appreciated.
Ray

Icon 1 posted  Profile for willy_1959   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by DJ:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNzQgAXsr_o" target="_blank" style="text-decoration: underline">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNzQgAXsr_o</a>

sweeet!!

--------------------

Icon 1 posted  Profile for DaveC     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Here is what I know of so far, I combined MyAutoevents.com and the web, and talking with some friends. 11-14 seems like a light showing for MC at RA. DaveW any more from your camp coming:

21 Kupets, Jeff
23 Cox, David
33 Ibrahim, Daniel
36 Thompson, William
63 Roberts, Tom
65 Kollock, Raymond
68 Jensen, Matt
Backus
Stiplosek
Scheifler (2)(?)
Dave Jones (? - I know how much you like the place)
VanBuren
Graff
Wheatcroft (most likely)

The last 2 guys are new additions to the MC SM field. They are formula car guys crossing over in good equipment.

If you can bring your passenger seats and spare belts to give the workers some fun laps around the track at close to race speed on Saturday evening as a thanks for standing out on the corner all weekend.

[ 09-14-2007, 09:31 PM: Message edited by: DaveC ]

--------------------
Dave Cox

VanB

Car #: 93
Icon 1 posted  Profile for VanB     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I'm in for both groups both days.

As of Wed. morning it looks like 20 for SM.

5 Emerick, Dick
8 Bregant, Paul
21 Kupets, Jeff
23 Cox, David
28 Scheifler, Tom
33 Ibrahim, Daniel
36 Thompson, William
39 Hallonquist, Chad
54 O'Hare, James
57 Stiplosek, Jason
62 Holman, Steve
63 Roberts, Tom
65 Kollock, Raymond
68 Jensen, Matt
93 Van Buren, Jeff
94 Backus, Mike
97 Thompson, Blake
182 Scheifler, Steve
Andy Graff
Allen Wheatcroft

[ 09-19-2007, 07:30 AM: Message edited by: DaveC ]

--------------------
Dave Cox

FastChad Verified Driver

Region: Midwest
Car #: 39
Icon 1 posted  Profile for FastChad     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I'm in, too! First timer at RA as well. Scary!!!

Drago Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
MegaModerator

Region: mid south
Car #: 2
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Drago   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by DJ:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNzQgAXsr_o" target="_blank" style="text-decoration: underline">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNzQgAXsr_o</a>

Dave
Look on the bright side, that guy would probably be 2 seconds off Nikki or Tony pace there in a SM. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Jim Drago
East Street Auto Salvage
jdrago1@aol.com
2006-2007 Mid-West Division
07,09 June Sprints Champion

EAST STREET RACING

jimbob Verified Driver

Region: Midwestern Council
Car #: 54
Year : 91
Icon 1 posted  Profile for jimbob     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Anyone interested in requesting a separate / split start ?

seperate from what?, Please fill me in on what this means? I have started in a split start once, so I know what that is.

--------------------

jimbob Verified Driver

Icon 1 posted  Profile for jimbob     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Split start is what I am reffering to.

Loudes13 Verified Driver

Car #: 13
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Loudes13   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

have fun guyz!

--------------------
http://www.allenskillicorn.com

we should be able get to get one. MC has been giving split starts to groups over 15 this year (at least I was told that is the thinking). I was going to bring it up at the drivers meeting if the stewards didn't. I know we got one back in May and there was one at the last race.

--------------------
Dave Cox

old65 Verified Driver

Dave:
I am assuming that you are referring to the Small Prod Group and if you bring this up to the Stewards would you also please suggest that the split start has the SM cars in the second group and not in the first group like the last time.
There may be as many as 12 fast runners in the ITS, Prod and GT cars and they tend to disrupt the battles that we mid-pack SM cars have as they flow through the group.
It is easier for us to pass the slowest Prod Group cars later in the race than make room for the faster cars before we settle down, as they flow through us, with out disrupting our own local battles.

jimbob Verified Driver

I agree, we should start behind if it is an option for a split start.

Icon 1 posted  Profile for backusm     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Remember that at RA the split can be closer to a 1:15 or 1:20, which is the entire lap at BFR.

Personally, I'd rather have a fast guy come past me up the straight early on rather than try to fight a prod car with better hp up the straight.

--------------------
Mike Backus
90 SM white #94

Veteran Member

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Tom Scheifler   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

The split starts worked out great.

Congrats to Steve with two SM wins and a 2:46.8 qualifying time. [thumbsup]

Had great fun running with Steve, Mike Backus and Matt Jensen. Lots of clean nose to tail and side by side racing. [group hug]

Matt, get that camber sorted out and you'll be celebrating on the podium in short order.

--------------------

Steve and I swapped spots many many times on Saturday in SM. I lost the drag race up the hill by about a foot.

2nd race Saturday the draft got broken up in Canada corner, and it was a boring cruise.

Sunday SM was another dogfight until I got black flagged for passing under the yellow. Unfortunately, even when the other driver says you were ahead at the yellow, and he went to the brakes to make sure there wouldn't be an issue, and you have video from the car behind that shows you were ahead, the draconian nature of the black flag ruins the fun.

My rematch with Steve turned to crap.

That 46.8 was a blind squirrel living in the oak forest finding an acorn [Smile]

--------------------
Mike Backus
90 SM white #94

Congrats guys. Which I could have made it a 4 way run at the front.

--------------------
Dave Cox

Veteran Member

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Steve Scheifler     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by backusm:
That 46.8 was a blind squirrel living in the oak forest finding an acorn [Smile]

[Smile] At least this squirrel has nuts! That was a clean and unassisted lap. I didn't back it up this weekend but we spent a lot of time swapping positions, waiting for each other, and slowed by yellows. Besides, I've run within a couple tenths in the past, how about you? [Big Grin]

Now if only I'd had a '99... [Smash]

Icon 1 posted  Profile for jensen     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Had a great time running with you guys this weekend @ RA. Obviously the yellows had affected all of us at some point in sunday's SM race. I knew my saturday SM pole would not hold in the race, but I was unfortunately to bumped to last on the grid due to throwing a t-belt in ITA qualifing and installing/running in less than 40 minutes!Special thanks to Dave Cox and the Schiefler bro's for their help this season with my suspension questions. Looking forward to racing with the group next season!

--------------------
Matt Jensen
SCCA SM Cen-Div
MC NASA 68

Clean Races from front to back, Both days
Both groups.

worker rides Saturday night. FTW
I sat at Banquet with 3 people that I gave rides to, they had no idea I was their driver. I guess I was the Stig with a dark visor. I did fess up and tell em who they were with after a bit. Fat Old guy in a miata LMFAO

It was fun to listen to them talk to each other, and they didnt even know they all had been in the same car. LOL They just all knew they were in a miata.

I gave 5 peeps rides, and it was very worthwhile, for me, as well as for me to entertain them, these folks stand out all day long, it was the least we can do.

div f+c scca flagger
trained by council to start with [soapbox]

--------------------

Drago Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
MegaModerator

Region: mid south
Car #: 2
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Drago   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Steve Scheifler (aka Lucky Day):
quote:
Originally posted by backusm:

[Smile] At least this squirrel has nuts! That was a clean and unassisted lap. I didn't back it up this weekend but we spent a lot of time swapping positions, waiting for each other, and slowed by yellows. Besides, I've run within a couple tenths in the past, how about you? [Big Grin]

Now if only I'd had a '99... [Smash]

I am going to let that one slide, well at least long enough to congratulate you on your wins! [Wink] Good job and congratulations!
Jim

--------------------
Jim Drago
East Street Auto Salvage
jdrago1@aol.com
2006-2007 Mid-West Division
07,09 June Sprints Champion

EAST STREET RACING

VanB

Car #: 93
Icon 1 posted  Profile for VanB     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by jensen:
Had a great time running with you guys this weekend @ RA. Obviously the yellows had affected all of us at some point in sunday's SM race. I knew my saturday SM pole would not hold in the race, but I was unfortunately to bumped to last on the grid due to throwing a t-belt in ITA qualifing and installing/running in less than 40 minutes!Special thanks to Dave Cox and the Schiefler bro's for their help this season with my suspension questions. Looking forward to racing with the group next season!

Sorry about the yellow in turn 6 late in the race guys. My mass airflow meter came unplugged after getting shook in the rumble strips coming out of turn 5. It wouldn't do anything but idle, so I did the best thing I could think of and parked it by the corner station at the exit of 6. Guess I'll make it a priority to find the clip that belongs in there now. [banghead]

Veteran Member

That sucks, but you weren't the problem and did the right thing. Wasn't that the race where we had two corners under waving yellow before we got there on lap 1? The split start had small production cars first and I think both T6 and Canada were already yellow when we came around.

old65 Verified Driver

Guys:
Just want to thank all of you on behave of Midwestern Council and North Suburban for coming up to RA for the weekend and racing with us.
It is always great to see enough Miata to get a split start in SM and to fill the field in ITA.
Your support is always appreciated.
I hope to see you at the Council Autobahn event on Sunday the 7th.
Ray

FastChad Verified Driver

Region: Midwest
Car #: 39
Icon 1 posted  Profile for FastChad     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Although I wasn't too competitive this weekend, I had a blast racing with everyone and learned a ton. I owe a lot of my improvement to Matt Jensen. My lap times dropped a lot while I was trying to keep up with him and stayed in the low 2:50's even after he was out of sight. I can't wait to go back and work on it some more. Thanks a lot, Matt, and congratulations on the strong finishes! Congratulations to the Scheiflers and Backus as well. Everything about the weekend was awesome!!!

I appreciate the compliment Chad, although there are much faster drivers out there. I'm impressed with your finish considering this was your first race there. VanB, you were not a problem at all, no worries. I got "stuck" behind a prod car as we(Schiefler bros) and I were approaching T8. Steve passed the prod in the braking zone, Tom after the exit of 8 and I attemped halfway between T8 and the Snap-On bridge. Unfortunately the prod moved "out of the way" not knowing my position on track and accidentally moved infront of me. I lifted and the S brothers were gone. I thought both SM races were excellent, but there were a few SM's parked for the weekend due to damage...

--------------------
Matt Jensen
SCCA SM Cen-Div
MC NASA 68

Veteran Member

Guys, I donít generally encourage people to blame their engine first, but donít underestimate the importance of a few hp at Road America. Unless youíve been on the dyno and know youíre tuned and strong, you may be giving up a second or more to some of us. Weíve had both cars up there together twice this year, and even when Tom or Dave got a run on me out of a turn I would pull away up the hill, down the hill, through the bottoms. So focus on getting each turn right and figuring out the best setup, but donít get too hung up on lap times or finishing position until you know the equipment is up to the task. Or, just buy a í99. [Big Grin]

Veteran Member

I didn't think our cars had a power difference until we ran at RA. Now I'd have to say Steve's car has the edge on mine. But that's not why he won. His and Mike's driving was just better than mine. My "project crate" engine would have kept me in the mix longer had it not been for my mistakes.

--------------------

Jason S

Icon 14 posted  Profile for Jason S     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Some video from mid-pack...my miata will not drive through sand traps, shocker?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJbYd3XMZsM

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: