Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » Mid Western Council » MWC Discussion » Looong Race Roll Call

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: Looong Race Roll Call
DaveC Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: Milwaukee/Midwestern Council
Car #: 23
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for DaveC     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Who's coming to the Looong race?

For those unfamiliar with the event format it is the end of the season event for MC with 80 min. or 50 Lap races (which ever comes first), and is always a good time.

So far registered online:

Backus
Ibrahim
Kollock
Randall
Van Buren

--------------------
Dave Cox

jensen Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Icon 1 posted  Profile for jensen     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I will be corner worker-boy for the Looong race, probably sunday.

--------------------
Matt Jensen
SCCA SM Cen-Div
MC NASA 68

old65 Verified Driver

Region: Chicago
Car #: 6
Year : 1992
Icon 1 posted  Profile for old65     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

There is still time to enter this great low pressure & fun year end event.
If you go to the link it will take you to the event info page and one of the greatest MIATA POSTERS that you have ever seen.

http://www.cscc-racing.com/loooong07.htm

willy_1959 Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: Milwaukee+Midwest council madison club
Car #: 36
Year : 93
Icon 1 posted  Profile for willy_1959   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

signed up today. DOH thought I had signed up a month ago, but it wasnt online yet when I tried last

--------------------
http://btdtracing.com - Miata Parts

Steve Scheifler Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Veteran Member

Region: STL
Car #: 82
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Steve Scheifler     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

That is a great poster, but it appears to have left out the front row! [Big Grin]

Despite being slighted, I highly recommend the Loooong Race. Truly one of the best events in this part of the country by any club. Sadly we will miss it this year.

Jason S

Region: Chicago
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jason S     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

How did the weekend turn out for everyone? Any surprising results?

Icon 1 posted  Profile for DaveC     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Backus and Chad had what sounded like a really good race for the entire length of the race at the front with Mike taking the win at the end.

ITA seemed to have a number of people going off and packing the radiators with leaves.

One of the warmest long races I can remember in a long time. Short sleeves and sun in Oct usually makes for a great weekend and a great way to end the season.

--------------------
Dave Cox

Steve Scheifler Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Veteran Member

Region: STL
Car #: 82
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Steve Scheifler     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

How was the track surface? (Seemed to be breaking up pretty bad earlier in the summer)

3A was pretty bad and there was a lot of lockup in the mornings (combine rough surface with cold temps). Even my dad in his S2000 flat spotted both Fronts on Sunday morning.

Paul (the new owner) was walking around with his contractor all weekend, and all though that does not mean anything for the track surface, it shows he is taking an active roll in upgrading the facility. That should mean good things all the way around. He also is genuinely excited when you talk with him about the track and it's future (and Midwestern Council being a part of that future).

--------------------
Dave Cox

backusm Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ

Region: CenDiv
Car #: 94
Year : 90
Icon 1 posted  Profile for backusm     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

They put some more patches in 1 and 3a, so they weren't as bad as they had been. I packed the radiator with leaves and lost 30 seconds on sunday getting it cleaned out (finished 3rd). Richard Fischer came out and was quick.

I successfully used all of my tires up for the year, which was my #1 goal.

--------------------
Mike Backus
90 SM white #94

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: