next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » Mid Western Council » MWC Discussion » 1st Race

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: 1st Race
DaveC Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: Milwaukee/Midwestern Council
Car #: 23
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for DaveC     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I had to leave last night so I didn't get to see the first battle of the season. How did it go? Did it rain all day?

--------------------
Dave Cox

old65 Verified Driver

Region: Chicago
Car #: 6
Year : 1992
Icon 1 posted  Profile for old65     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Dave, Hi:
Didn't see you yesterday, or if I did it was so wet that I had my eyes closed.
Not a bad Miata turn out for a first of the year cold, wet race.
The IT race was won by Voytek, one of our new drivers from the school on Saturday and a PRDA (Polish Racing Drivers of America) driver. It looks as if he will have a bright future in SM.
The SM race was won by Jamie Randall, an honorary PRDA member, one of the new fast shoes in the Midwest and a Run Off contender.
All of the fast time, except for one FF car and one SRF on full wet race tires were set by Miatas in the rain.
I guess that most of us had read the "Art of Racing in the Rain" book.
The interesting part was that both qualifying sessions and both races where wet with the front runners running full thread 88's.
Not a bad tire in the wet especially on an older slick surface like Blackhawk.
Next weeks regional also looks wet so we will see just how the 88's shape up for the long haul.
As you have noticed, we are going to try to resurrect the '70's PRDA group since it seems to fit so well with the SM/SMT/ITA/SSM/etc philosophy.
We will be updating the groups info on its web site, http://www.prdavexis.org as we have time.
Pass this on for all Miata drivers have to have a little Polish blood in them in order to put themselves through the ordeal of an SM/SMT/ITA/SSM/etc race season.
Ray

DaveC Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: Milwaukee/Midwestern Council
Car #: 23
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for DaveC     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Ray,

I was at the driver's school instructing/chasing in the new car, but I had somethings to do at home Sunday so I did not race Sunday (figures didn't get to run in another rain race [Frown] ). I'll be back in a few weeks.

Good luck this weekend.

--------------------
Dave Cox

Blake Thompson Verified Driver
Now The Fastest "Blake" in Spec Miata

Region: Central
Car #: 97
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Blake Thompson   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Crewing kicked my ass. I ain't slept that hard in a long time.

I think I changed number 28's tires from dries to wets more times than she was out on the track [banghead]

--------------------
http://btdtracing.com - YOUR Miata Parts Pimp

Dan Verified Driver

Year : 95
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Dan     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

My first wet race. I sucked. Learned a lot though.

Mellen Verified Driver

Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mellen     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

My first wet race also, discovered that my defroster didn't work :-( and i discovered that if i can't see the track my right foot doesn't want to work like it should:-)

Dan Verified Driver

Year : 95
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Dan     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I had the defroster not working too. I pretty much had to guess where to turn in at T2.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: