next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » Mid Western Council » MWC Discussion » DA

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: DA
TJAndriesen

Region: NNJ
Car #: 43
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for TJAndriesen     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

What do most people in this part of the country run for DA? I'm looking to invest ut want to make sure there are other around who would share data.

--------------------
TJ Andriesen
Barrington, IL
#43 SM/ITA (SCCA & MC)

Zauskycop Verified Driver

Region: Chicago
Car #: 45
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Zauskycop     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I'm running AIM Mychron XG Log...but I have no idea how to use it yet haha...

Tracy Ramsey
Team Blenderblaster

--------------------
Tracy Ramsey
Team Blenderblaster

Jay Lutz

Region: Indy
Car #: 33
Year : 1994
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jay Lutz     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

TJ,

I also run an XG Log.....and I LOVE it. My advice to you on selecting a system is to download the free software from AIM, traqmate, etc.....and play with the sample files. To my mind, what you are REALLY buying in a data system is the software...more precisely the intuitiveness and ease of use (for YOU) of this software. Hardware wise most of the systems are pretty much the same, you just need to decide if you need a dash or not.

My best endorsement for AIM lies in their software updates. Look at the release history in the download section and you will see that they are CONSTANTLY enhancing the software. This is only feasible if you are #1 in the world of karting and cars as they are. Example: At the PRI show 2 years ago I asked them to add a segment min and max speed feature. A year later they did another new release and there it was (only much better than I envisioned)! Can't beat that.

Remember......what you are REALLY buying is the software. Call 317-328-8574 if you want to discuss.

Thanks, Jay

--------------------
"In our sport if you go out of bounds you're most likely not coming back" Michael Waltrip

Z-MAN Verified Driver

Region: Mid-South
Car #: 54
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Z-MAN     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I've found that the Traqmate system is very easy to install, program and use.

I would recommend that you find out what the other guys in the class in your area are using - it's best to have someone to share your data with to see how you are doing.

MZ

TJAndriesen

Region: NNJ
Car #: 43
Icon 1 posted  Profile for TJAndriesen     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Is the XG GPS based?

--------------------
TJ Andriesen
Barrington, IL
#43 SM/ITA (SCCA & MC)

Jay Lutz

Region: Indy
Car #: 33
Year : 1994
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jay Lutz     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

TJ,

No standard....you could add a module I guess but that would add another $600. Jay

--------------------
"In our sport if you go out of bounds you're most likely not coming back" Michael Waltrip

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: