Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » SpecMiata.com » Back Fire » Red Bull F1 ( spoiler)

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: Red Bull F1 ( spoiler)
Drago Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
MegaModerator

Region: mid south
Car #: 2
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Drago   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Wondering how everyone else feels about Red Bulls decision to allow vettel the opportunity to win the Brazilian GP, rather tha swapping positions and giving Weber a needed 7 points?

I hope that they lose the drivers championship by less than 7 points. Neither a Weber or Vettel fan, but that was really stupid IMO. [duck]

What a lap by Hulkenburg in terrible conditions [thumbsup] !

--------------------
Jim Drago
East Street Auto Salvage
jdrago1@aol.com
2006-2007 Mid-West Division
07,09 June Sprints Champion

EAST STREET RACING

Scottie

Region: WDCR
Car #: sm 19
Year : 93
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Scottie     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I was shocked when Hulkenburg ripped that lap out. Great drive on his part.

The red bulls were def fast. I wouldnt mind seeing webber take the championship. HOWEVER, I bleed red, I want Alonso to win.

--------------------
How do I fit this ls7 into my mia... nevermind.

Cajun Miata Man Verified Driver
Overdog Driver

Region: Houston; SWDIV
Car #: 15
Year : 99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Cajun Miata Man     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Two thoughts.

First, I agree it was not very smart for Red Bull not to attempt to maximize the chances to bring home the driver's championship for Webber.

Second, it is clear, since positions weren't swapped, Red Bull couldn't care less if Webber doesn't win the driver's championship and are only interested in promoting Vettel.

I have to think Webber is privately fuming that Vettel was allowed to win.

--------------------
James York

sponsored by:
Stan's Auto Center, Lafayette LA
powered by:
East Street Racing, Memphis TN
set up guru:
Gilfus Racing, Austin TX

wheel Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: kc
Car #: 20
Year : 92
Icon 1 posted  Profile for wheel     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

It is against F1 rules for one team member to pull over to let the other win.
If Webber still wins it, the championship will have been won fair and square. The same might not be said, about an Alonso championship.

T.J. Kearney Verified Driver
Male Member

Region: Finger Lakes
Car #: 85
Year : 1992
Icon 1 posted  Profile for T.J. Kearney     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Ironic how Mark's car had heat issues but Seb's didn't? Agreed...if Vettel was 2nd in points, Lord Helmut would be dancing to a different tune. But because Mark is out front it's "every man for himself". Rooting for Fernando, then Mark. I hope Vettel crashes out on the last lap while leading just so we can see another temper tantrum from the resident F1 spoiled brat.

--------------------
Tom Kearney
SSM #85
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Overdog Driver

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Cajun Miata Man     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by wheel:
If Webber still wins it, the championship will have been won fair and square. The same might not be said, about an Alonso championship.

uh, yea right.

--------------------
James York

sponsored by:
powered by:
East Street Racing, Memphis TN
set up guru:
Gilfus Racing, Austin TX

MegaModerator

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Drago   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:

Wheel
I don't think Ferrari, the tifosi or very few F1 fans in general will even bring it up? Red Bull will do the same next week if in the same position, they have to. No one ever remembers second place!
Sincerely
2009 SM Runoffs second place finisher [Big Grin]

[ 11-08-2010, 07:09 PM: Message edited by: Drago ]

--------------------
Jim Drago
East Street Auto Salvage
jdrago1@aol.com

EAST STREET RACING

Jason Saini Verified Driver Series Champ

Region: Chicago
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jason Saini   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Red Bull has repeatedly said that there are no team orders, and that they let their drivers fight on the merit of their own pace. Arguably, that's why they have won the constructors championship.

Either one of two things is going on:

1. Webber is right and the team does favor Vettel.
2. The team is taking the high road, since team-orders is strictly forbidden in the regulations. They might have a lawsuit ready for FIA and Ferrari at the end of the season if Alonso wins by 7pts or less.

Hard to believe someone in motorsports taking the high road, but I happen to know for it does happen on rare occasions!

--------------------
-Jason Saini :: Fort Worth, TX
-Team MER :: 2007 MX-5 Cup Champion
-2008 SPEED TC Rookie of the Year!
-Based at Motorsport Ranch
-Autobarn Mazda . SafeRACER

Scottie

Region: WDCR
Car #: sm 19
Year : 93
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Scottie     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Team orders go much deeper than we, the spectators, can comprehend.

For all we know, Red bull can be telling Webber to to change fuel trims because he needs to conserve gas. When this may not be the case, but it slows him down.

--------------------
How do I fit this ls7 into my mia... nevermind.

Dusty Bottoms Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
99 all the way!

Region: Lone Star
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Dusty Bottoms     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Scottie:
Team orders go much deeper than we, the spectators, can comprehend.

For all we know, Red bull can be telling Webber to to change fuel trims because he needs to conserve gas. When this may not be the case, but it slows him down.

Or that he is low on fuel and needs to conserve, or that there is a brake temp issue, or....

--------------------
"Your victory is tainted! Asterisk! Asterisk!!!"--Lisa Simpson

Icon 1 posted  Profile for wheel     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Lots of questions. Only one thing is certain, when it was Ferrari's time to make the choice, they chose to cheat. I love Jason's idea that Red Bull could sue if they lose by less than 7.

d mathias Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: OVR
Car #: 88
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for d mathias     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Team orders suck - that ain't racing.

In any event it's been a great season. Can't wait to see how it winds up Sunday.

MegaModerator

Racing at that level is a team sport. 150 million a year plus budgets. The drivers are two very small parts of a massive team. Team orders are a must IMO. Let the drivers race until it becomes evident that only one can most likley win the title. Then put everything you can behind that driver.

--------------------
Jim Drago
East Street Auto Salvage
jdrago1@aol.com

EAST STREET RACING

So, what if Vettle takes out Alonso on the first lap. It's all for the team.

d mathias Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: OVR
Car #: 88
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for d mathias     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Racing at that level is also entertainment. If the fans take a shiz on what they perceive are 'fixed' results, those millions go flying out the window.

quote:
Let the drivers race until it becomes evident that only one can most likley win the title.
Not the case this year. Both RB drivers have a legitimate chance.

Personally I like Webber > Alonso > Vettel

Whatever else, it will be a must watch weekend.

Overdog Driver

quote:
So, what if Vettle takes out Alonso on the first lap. It's all for the team.

As a paid employee for the team, he should do what he is instructed. If that means, putting a faster Alonso off by aggressive blocking, I am sure Ferrari would totally expect it.

--------------------
James York

sponsored by: