Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » SpecMiata.com » Back Fire » Just renewed my NASA comp

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: Just renewed my NASA comp
d mathias Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: OVR
Car #: 88
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for d mathias     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

license for 2011. Seriously, it could not have been easier. I received an email from NASA that informed me if I renewed by 1/7/11 I could get a $15 discount. Clicked on the link, went to renewal page, took less than 2 minutes to complete the transaction. Done 'til next year.

SCCA, are you listening?

Willie the Tard Verified Driver

Region: NASA Texas
Car #: 8
Year : 92
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Willie the Tard   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

thank you for your input [Smile]

--------------------
William Keeling a.k.a. Willie the Tard

Icon 1 posted  Profile for d mathias     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

[Big Grin]

Qik Nip Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
Loose Member '09 & '10 Great Lakes Regional Points Champion

Region: Cincinnati Great Lakes
Car #: 60
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Qik Nip     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Topeka here. Did you say something?

--------------------
Fortune Cookie Racing SM 60
Directions for use: Race, Rumple, Repair ... Repeat!

Kyle Burkhardt

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Kyle Burkhardt     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

In. Although NASA will be getting back my $15 when I order the new RP.

--------------------
Kyle Burkhardt
NASA Midwest
#12 SM

Johnny D Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Hot Member

Region: SFR
Car #: 88 SM
Year : 99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Johnny D     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Getting in. Where do you order the RP? 37mm.
J~

--------------------
Avatar Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ww9cFE3lKcA

Kyle Burkhardt

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Kyle Burkhardt     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

It was a joke. They aren't available yet. Just don't go blowing that $15 on hookers and booze cause you're gonna need it for the new RP.

--------------------
Kyle Burkhardt
NASA Midwest
#12 SM

John Mueller Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Okay, not the slowest anymore...

Region: SoCal
Car #: 13
Year : 1992
Icon 1 posted  Profile for John Mueller   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

The 37mm plates are in the manufacturing process and should be available in a few weeks. I hope to have online pre-order of the 37mm plates set-up withing a week. Once I do I will post the link on the SM boards and expect it to be announced on NASA's site too.

--------------------
Thanks,
John Mueller
NASA SM National Director
http://www.Weekend-Racer.com
#13 "Tiger Miata" - 2009 SoCal SSM Champion

Hot Member

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Johnny D     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Got it.
No RP, Hookers or Booze right now,
but wait and you can get them on-line in a few weeks.
Thanks John,
J~

--------------------

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Willie the Tard   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

--------------------

quote:
Originally posted by John Mueller:
The 37mm plates are in the manufacturing process and should be available in a few weeks. I hope to have online pre-order of the 37mm plates set-up withing a week. Once I do I will post the link on the SM boards and expect it to be announced on NASA's site too.

Will the RPs be done by the first race here in Texas? If not what rules are going to be used?

Thanks

--------------------

BrianW

Region: SW
Car #: 59
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for BrianW     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Willie the Tard:
quote:

Will the RPs be done by the first race here in Texas? If not what rules are going to be used?

Thanks

I spoke with Dave Balingit a week or two ago about this and he was unaware of the SM rule changes. I gave him a heads up, but haven't heard what the final outcome is going to be. I am lobbying for the lighter weight with the larger restrictor plate for the first race. [Smile] It will be my first race and I can use all the help I can get!

dtfastbear Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
faster than the average bear...

Region: SFR / NorCal
Car #: 72
Year : 93
Icon 1 posted  Profile for dtfastbear   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Willie the Tard:
thank you for your input [Smile]

I just laughed out loud in the middle of a conference call when I read that. [burst] [burst]

--------------------
NASA Nor Cal SM series Director
www.molaps.com

Winner - Ford Racing Mustang Challenge Driver Shootout

Evil Genius Racing / Race Engineering / Stewart Development

quote:
Hookers or Booze right now,
but wait and you can get them on-line in a few weeks

Do you have a URL for that? [Big Grin]

Hot Member

quote:
Originally posted by d mathias:
quote:
Hookers or Booze right now,
but wait and you can get them on-line in a few weeks

Do you have a URL for that? [Big Grin]
quote:
Once I do I will post the link on the SM boards and expect it to be announced on NASA's site too.

[Big Grin]
J~

--------------------

Brian Ghidinelli Verified Driver
Moonwalker

Car #: 12
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Brian Ghidinelli   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I know one of the goals of requiring results data from the regions this year is to be able to automate the participation verification piece of license renewals. Not there yet but they know they need to improve it. I just finished filling out my forms about 30 mins ago and faxing it in... not great!

--------------------
MotorsportReg.com / Haag Performance / Team SafeRacer
2010 San Francisco Region SMT Champion

Cajun Miata Man Verified Driver
Overdog Driver

Region: Houston; SWDIV
Car #: 15
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Cajun Miata Man     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Brian Ghidinelli:
I know one of the goals of requiring results data from the regions this year is to be able to automate the participation verification piece of license renewals. Not there yet but they know they need to improve it. I just finished filling out my forms about 30 mins ago and faxing it in... not great!

I think it is, just not implemented yet. I called the Topeka office to change my address and region, and while on the phone, the helpful person renewed my membership and license for another year.

No paperwork. Excellent.

--------------------
James York

sponsored by:
Stan's Auto Center, Lafayette LA