next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » SpecMiata.com » Spec Miata Enduro » First Enduro

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: First Enduro
mghenwood

Region: Northeast
Car #: 58
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for mghenwood     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Planning on running my first enduro. What are the essentials for a 12 hour enduro? What will need to be changed during the course of the race? Tires? Brake pads? How many fuel stops on average?

Mitch Reading Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: Philadelphia
Car #: 65
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mitch Reading     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

We start with new pads and new 4/32nd tires and do not change either during a 12 hour. Have a tire standing by, might need a left side for a track like NJ or Summit.

Gas will last around 1.5 hours, and you come in when it burps... but not a single more lap or you'll run out.

The key is to be consistent (I did not say the fastest) and have nothing break if you want to be in the hunt.

My favorite events of the year!

--------------------
http://www.mitchum.ms

mghenwood

Icon 1 posted  Profile for mghenwood     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

What pads does everyone favor for races like this? Harder pads which would last longer? What is the standard stint drivers tend to run?

mghenwood

What type of fueling rigs are people using? Whats approved for use?

Gatoratty Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: Central Florida
Car #: 3
Year : 1992
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Gatoratty     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Read the rules for the series you are running. They differ between sanctioning bodies and divisions. Pay attention to all of the details such as what has to be worn by the fueler ( or driver if no crew), fire ext., oil dri, etc.

--------------------
Paul McLester

Terry Hanushek

Region: South Jersey
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Terry Hanushek     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Matt

quote:
What type of fueling rigs are people using? Whats approved for use?
As I recall about half of the teams use dump cans and half use overhead fuel rigs. Overhead rigs are permitted - be sure to check the Supps for the fuel rig rules.

Paul has some good advice - be sure to fully understand the refueling rules regarding protective clothing and equipment as well the procedures.

Terry

mghenwood

Thanks Terry. I have a nomex suit, socks, and balaclava, approved shoes and gloves as well for our refueler. Plus the same for our fire extinguisher man. I ordered a few Schribner 5 gallon dump cans for the refueling. I will have everyone study the procedures as well.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: