Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » SpecMiata.com » Spec Miata » TR Motorsports C1 wheel

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: TR Motorsports C1 wheel
Johnny D Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Hot Member

Region: SFR
Car #: 88 SM
Year : 99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Johnny D     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

The 1st page of SportsCar Mag has the Tire Rack Ad. 4th wheel over says 15x7 $99 12.8-13.0 lbs.
The Tire Rack link says 13 lbs.
http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/WheelCloseUpServle...&filterNew=All&sort=Brand

Is this legal and the right wheel for the price?
J~

Teamfour Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: WDCR
Car #: 04
Year : 1993
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Teamfour   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

The C1 is a 15x7.5 wheel. SM is limited to a 7" max width. The C1M wheel is legal, but weighs 13.6 lbs and only comes in a 30mm offset which would require spacers to get the max track width.

Edited to add: I see the black wheel is 13.6 lbs and the grey is 13.0 lbs. I guess the black paint weighs more. [Wink]

--------------------
Lee Tilton
1993 Meowta #04
Brimtek Motorsports/ Team Four Racing
Team Four Racing

Hot Member

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Johnny D     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

The links says +25mm offset and 13lbs. Different?
Or is that why it's so cheap, you need the spacers?
J~

Sean Allen Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Veteran Member

Car #: 54!
Year : 90'
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Sean Allen   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Where are you finding the 25mm offset version? All I can find is the C1M that is 30mm offset and 5.19" backspacing (the miata wheels). I'm guessing the 25mm offset wheel you posted above is not meant for the Miata as the backspacing is a tad different.

EDIT: Looks like if you want the 25mm offset C1, you need to get the BMW version.

Hot Member

The link on the 1st post.
J~

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Teamfour   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Not really sure about the confusion. You need to enter your car specs first then do a search for the wheel. This will give you the wheel specs for the Miata fitment.

--------------------
Lee Tilton
1993 Meowta #04
Team Four Racing

Blake Clements Verified Driver Series Champ
MegaModerator

Region: SW - Houston
Car #: 6
Year : 99, 96
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Blake Clements   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Lee, I've been told by a few people that they sell a 25mm wheel that will fit the miata. Not generated by the search engine.

Probably best to call Tire Rack as I was told that is the way to get the 25 mm.

--------------------
Blake Clements

PhillipsRacePrep/SP Induction Systems/East Street Racing/MiataCage.com/Carbotech/WBR Graphics

www.blakeclements.com

Thanks Blake. I don't need wheels, just trying to share info. I don't order from Tire Rack since they have a warehouse in Louisiana and I would have to pay 8.75% tax on top of the shipping.

--------------------
Lee Tilton
1993 Meowta #04
Team Four Racing

Sean Allen Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Veteran Member

Car #: 54!
Year : 90'
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Sean Allen   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Blake, you are correct. The 25mm offset wheel is meant for the BMW e30 cars.

Hot Member

Sorry about the wild goose chase. I saw the ad, did a search and found the link above and didn't realize it was for a BMW, until Sean pointed it out.
J~

Brandon F. Verified Driver

Region: NNJR
Car #: 48
Year : 1996
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Brandon F.     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Silly question then: we can run the BMW E30 wheel on our Miata's though, right?

The only catch to find them on the TR website is to search for a 1990 BMW 3-series car it would seem.

motorrock

Region: DC Region
Icon 1 posted  Profile for motorrock     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

D-Force makes a Spec Miata wheel with a 25mm offset. Made like the Enkei RPF1's (TR Motorsport wheel is not made like an Enkei anymore).....

$99 bucks ..hub centric too

--------------------
philstireservice.com
philstireservice@aol.com

amolaver Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: NASA MA
Car #: 50
Year : '96
Icon 1 posted  Profile for amolaver   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

i got a set of those d-force wheels from phil's last year and i'll be cycling out my team dynamics for them. the 5 spoke design looks good and appears to be much less prone to failure. all of my TD wheels are the many-spoke design, and frankly, i just don't trust them anymore. can't beat the price or service from phil's either since they are at our nasa mid-atlantic events. joe at treadzone/tire shoppe has been phenomenal to deal with as well.

--------------------
ahm - http://www.awesom-oracing.com
2009 NASA MA SM Champion

dplore Verified Driver

Region: Colorado
Icon 1 posted  Profile for dplore     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Anyone running the TR Motorsports C1 wheel? It looks like a great one to get. Price is now $89.

Is the center bore 54mm for a true hubcentric fit? Is that all that important?

motorrock

Region: DC Region
Icon 1 posted  Profile for motorrock     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

like it was said above the Miata wheel is the C1M..

it's a cheap, gravity cast wheel

--------------------
philstireservice.com
philstireservice@aol.com

Chris Windsor Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
windsorcustoms.com

Region: WDCR,
Car #: 38
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Chris Windsor   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Check the classifieds if you need Wheels and tires

--------------------
2011 Season schedule coming soon
Support, sales, repair or rental
windsorcustoms.com

dplore Verified Driver

Region: Colorado
Icon 1 posted  Profile for dplore     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

This wheel is a C1, is 15x7 with 25mm offset and weighs 13lbs. That C1 wheel is only a gravity cast wheel, so perhaps not quite as strong as the low pressure cast d-force wheel.

Who actually makes the d-force wheels? D-Force seems to be an importer/wholesaler and not a manufacturer. Just wondering. They look a bit like a Rotara.

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/WheelCloseUpServle...&filterNew=All&sort=Brand

Blake Clements Verified Driver Series Champ
MegaModerator

Region: SW - Houston
Car #: 6
Year : 99, 96
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Blake Clements   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

C1M is the wheel for the Miata

--------------------
Blake Clements

PhillipsRacePrep/SP Induction Systems/East Street Racing/MiataCage.com/Carbotech/WBR Graphics

www.blakeclements.com

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: