Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » SpecMiata.com » Spec Miata » Is it really necessary.......

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: Is it really necessary.......
Muda Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
ComingToAMirrorNearYou

Region: WDC
Car #: #23
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Muda     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Is it really necessary for the SCCA to continue to require that any sticker or patch from a competitive organization be covered while at an event? It really only attracts attention and curiosity from those who don't know what's going on. And the organizations even seem to be working together, in some cases, to provide consistent rules within classes. With all the BS going on in the rest of the world it might be beneficial to show some token sign of cooperation.

Sorry, but a terminal case of cabin fever combined with a foot and a half of snow today seems to have spawned a bout of pacifism.

--------------------
Muda Motorsports
"We're all here 'cause we're not all there."

-Bob-

Icon 1 posted  Profile for -Bob-     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Is it really necessary to wear shirt and shoes in a public esablishment to be served?

To deter curiosity use a tape color that matches your paint.

Or as some have chosen to do....remove the sticker your not going to use and spend $4 everytime you want to use it.

Cabin fever can suck but are you really done with that honey-do list already?

Chris Haldeman

Region: texas
Car #: 71,72
Year : 1990,1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Chris Haldeman     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

no i dont think it is necessary at all.mostly because no spectators are wanted there by the scca or nasa anyway.and on the snow fall your snow has ruined my weekend my dad lives up there in south east pa and was going to bring me my new motor and featherlight enclosed trailer to me this weekend,but has been unable to service the trailer do to your last snow,and now this storm made it worse.

Eric Barbaric Verified Driver

Region: Kansas City
Car #: 95
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Eric Barbaric   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Agreed. What a ridiculous rule. Kind of like banning any mention of specm*ataclass*f*eds dot com on this site.

Organizations can happily co-exist and learn from each other.

Remind me; how much do those organizations pay to run their stickers and patches?

What? We pay them? [rolling on floor laughin]

[ 02-10-2010, 01:12 PM: Message edited by: Eric Barbaric ]

Vick Verified Driver
Do they sell spec training wheels?

Region: NYR
Car #: 12
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Vick     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Muda, does this mean while you were working on the car you decided to come to the NASA event at NJMP in mid april?

quick edit: I actually have to find my NASA patch....it was held on with tape last year.

--------------------
http://www.volko.com

d mathias Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: OVR
Car #: 88
Icon 1 posted  Profile for d mathias     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

As an anecdote, I have been asked by NASA officials to cover SCCA stickers/patches. Works both ways.

Jeff Longo Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: NER
Car #: 46
Year : 1993
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jeff Longo     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

How about going "green" and instead of all double dippers using all sorts of tape to cover the "offending" stickers...
Use one piece of duct tape to cover the eyes of the offended official?
Hurry April...

--------------------
LTD Racing
Chief Of Inappropriate Comments

simbone Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: Colorado
Car #: 37
Year : 1992
Icon 1 posted  Profile for simbone     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

As a matter of respect, I usually cover the car stickers with racers tape. I don't cover my suit patches as I think that is silly.

--------------------
Blue Velour Racing

Muda Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
ComingToAMirrorNearYou

Region: WDC
Car #: #23
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Muda     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Yea, I know it works both ways.

Vick, I'm going to do the three days at the Glen with you guys end of April.
Besides, I'd have to ask Tony for a favor and I've been warned about that. [Wink]

--------------------
Muda Motorsports
"We're all here 'cause we're not all there."

RYGAR Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
"The Unethical"

Region: San Francisco
Car #: 29
Icon 1 posted  Profile for RYGAR     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

makes sense to me. 2 separate clubs that are trying to represent themselves, not their competition. As much as they work together to make things easier for the members of both clubs, they are still in direct competition with each other.

--------------------
Ryan G. #29
http://www.RentMoneyRacing.com

fishguyaz

Region: AZ/SoPac
Car #: 92
Year : 99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for fishguyaz     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I saw a guy who puts his nasa and his scca stickers on a flat magnet like that on a refrigerator.
he then just removes/adds either sticker/magnet combo depending on the club he is racing with.
simply brilliant.

[ 02-10-2010, 04:13 PM: Message edited by: fishguyaz ]

--------------------
Josh Pitt
AZ Region

cpdenis
Good Life Member

Region: 11
Car #: 09
Year : 99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for cpdenis     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I attended a NASA event and there was an American Roadster with a SCCA sticker on the back of his car that was 1x4, no not inches but feet. No cover up. I can understand at the national level but not regional.

Jason Holland Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Mediocrity rules!

Region: SouthEast
Car #: 28
Year : 95
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jason Holland   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

The only time I've seen NASA make a deal about it was at nationals. Some regions may be different though.

--------------------
Jason Holland
Semi-interested civilian

Dusty Bottoms Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
99 all the way!

Region: Lone Star
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Dusty Bottoms     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

It was a non-issue with NASA for a while. I think now it's retaliatory. The NASA TX people I have talked to thinks it's silly for regional type races. I can understand a national championship that will have press and video coverage that will be used for marketing.

--------------------
"Your victory is tainted! Asterisk! Asterisk!!!"--Lisa Simpson

pat slattery Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Veteran Member

Region: cincy
Car #: 79
Year : 92
Icon 1 posted  Profile for pat slattery     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Yeah, I have never had NASA make a big deal about it. SCCA, well that is another story:(

Pat

--------------------
keeping the faith for the 1.6

Arrow Karts

Chris Taylor

Region: LSR
Car #: Yours?
Year : will race 4 food
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Chris Taylor   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

When I was running with NASA I always covered my SCCA stickers out of respect. I forgot once or twice in my last season and noticed my car would be cropped out of grid photos, paddock photos, etc. which is completely understandable... just a good reference point for those of you that like having your car on the web or event photo albums.

--------------------
http://www.taylorrotorsports.com

Vick Verified Driver
Do they sell spec training wheels?

Region: NYR
Car #: 12
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Vick     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I heard some regions have bright pink tape for those racers who forget to cover their stickers.

I also learned the hard way, vinyl tape > duct tape for covering stickers, especially if you're like me and forget to take the tape off and also never wash your car.

--------------------
http://www.volko.com

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: