» Hello Spec Miata Community » SpecMiata.com » Spec Miata » R8

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: R8
Dr.Dan Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
V8, nice! And good for you too!

Region: san francisco region
Car #: 39
Year : 90
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Dr.Dan     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Hey guys. I have a chance to drive an Audi R8 around infineon for a dental cont. ed class. you guys think it's worth it? cost aside, 1,500 smackers, I do get ce units which I need. It's obviously not a race, but they says you get to ring it out..

--------------------
Daniel Mairani DDS...still here, just faster.
http://www.DanielMairanidds.com

wheel Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: kc
Car #: 20
Year : 92
Icon 1 posted  Profile for wheel     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Great track, great car. It now depends on how much $1.5k means to you. If it means your family doesn't get fed or it means you go out to dinner five times less, Oh, wait. Your family really doesn't need to eat until next month, anyway. Do it.
wheel

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Dr.Dan     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Well it goes on the biz, because it's a biz expense. Don't worry I never miss a meal..I just wanted to know if anyone has driven one. I know Infineon really well. I was hoping to terrorize the instructors.. he he he

--------------------

Muda Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
ComingToAMirrorNearYou

Region: WDC
Car #: #23
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Muda     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

There are a couple of them floating around the DE community in these parts. Drivers are notably poor but wealthy. Word is that the car is wicked fast and the computer can make a beginner look like a shoe while keeping the car off the ARMCO.

--------------------
Muda Motorsports
"We're all here 'cause we're not all there."

Johnny D Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Hot Member

Region: SFR
Car #: 88 SM
Year : 99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Johnny D     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Street not race, correct?
Been in one, sounds great, handles like a GoKart.

This isn't through Club Sportiva?

I'd do it if I was out there for more than just a few laps.
J~

not club sportiva. those cars would not last a lap.. Its call voco America which is a dental thing.. whatever that means. basically it's a sales pitch towards dentist. . And they throw you 2 ce units.. hope you buy a car.. not sure who supplies those..you drive the track. yes it's a street car.. I think I'll spend it on tires.

--------------------

Juan Pineda Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Veteran Member

Region: San Francisco
Car #: 34
Year : 1992
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Juan Pineda   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Dental CE... what, are you going to be listening to lectures while driving the track? [Smile]

You will be so overqualified compared to the target audience. You will either scare the crap out of your right seat instructor, or you will be feeling like you are doing parade laps behind the leading instructor car.

-Juan

--------------------
www.ArtOfRoadRacing.com Race Craft Clinic - Thunderhill - 30 Jan 2011

That's what Dean says too. You know me Juan. you are right as was Dean.. Just thought it sounded cool to do..

--------------------

Johnny D Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Hot Member

Region: SFR
Car #: 88 SM
Year : 99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Johnny D     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Some may say an instructor pissing in his pants priceless. [Big Grin]
J~

Blix Verified Driver
Veteran Member

Region: NER
Car #: 12
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Blix     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I thought it had a bit more understeer designed to idiot proof the car when I drove one compared to some of the other high end sportscars, but a VERY fun car.

That price is cheaper than renting one out here, AND you get MCE credits? Do it.

E

--------------------
Eric
http://www.hale-motorsports.com
For all your Mazda and Mustang needs

Gatoratty Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: Central Florida
Car #: 3
Year : 1992
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Gatoratty     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Audi runs at Infineon with the RS4, R8,S8 and S5. http://www.autoblog.com/2008/04/29/audi-launches-...ence-at-infineon-raceway/

--------------------
Paul McLester

I see. these dental guys hired the Audi exp. at a small dicount. But who wants to drive around the paddock? BS. It would be kinda fun to be inept in the paddock and then tear it up on the track. the guys would shit.

--------------------

Jamie Tucker Series Champ

ARRC 2010 Champ

Region: CFR
Car #: 97
Year : 1990/99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jamie Tucker     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

My family has an R8 which we take to the track often. Its a great car and very easy to drive. I am taking ours to PBIR this weekend. Turn all the traction control off or you wont go anywhere fast. It is very responsive to lifting of the throttle and has a bit of understeer with the street setup so patience is everything. Even with street tires we still break from 145 mph at 2 1/2 cone for a hairpin with no problem. And if it gets a little chilly you can always put the seat warmers on!!! Also don't forget to shift; its very smooth and gets to redline fast. Bring you racing shoes as well because tennis shoes are a little to wide for the pedals.

--------------------
2010 ARRC Champion
2010 CFR Champion
2010 instigator of the year
2010/2011 Andrew Von C Wingman

d mathias Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: OVR
Car #: 88
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for d mathias     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Who can forget this one? (language alert)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQLM-K9TwWM

Ah yes. I remember that one. GDI... GDIT!!!

--------------------

Mike Colangelo Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: NWR
Car #: 37
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mike Colangelo     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Damn, I should have become a dentist!

Pat Newton Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Enduro addict

Region: Northwest, Oregon
Car #: 79
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Pat Newton   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Mike Colangelo:
Damn, I should have become a dentist!

I dunno Mike. The DDSs make some great money, but in my book looking at this all day:

-

... beats looking at this all day:

-

[Big Grin]

--------------------
Crew Chief, 3D Racing #64, aka Team Scrappy 2.0
3rd place E2, 2009 25 Hours of Thunderhill

Crew Chief, EGR/Miller Motorsports #64, aka Team Scrappy
E2 Champions, 2008 25 Hours of Thunderhill

Mike Colangelo Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: NWR
Car #: 37
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mike Colangelo     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Pat, good point!

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: