next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » SpecMiata.com » Spec Miata » Seat questions

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: Seat questions
dsrgr Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: Las Vegas
Car #: 2
Year : 92
Icon 1 posted  Profile for dsrgr     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Upgrading my seat.

I've been using an Ultra Shield with the rib wings cut off and right side head restraint bolted on. It has a back brace.

1. Looking at either a Sparco Pro ADV or an Ultra Shield 2010 Lightweight Road Racing Halo. Suggestions pros and cons from those that own them?

2. Does either need a back brace? What brace do you use? I'll use Sparco mounts.

3. Whats the difference between the Ultra Shield Lightweight etc and the Ultra Shield Circuit.

I did a search. I didn't want to highjack the other recent thread. TIA for any responses.

rhart Verified Driver
Psycho Member

Region: SFR
Car #: 53
Year : 94
Icon 1 posted  Profile for rhart     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

dsgr I recently mounted the ProADV. It takes very little banging to get it in. After a bit I felt I'd never get out with my plastic wing window vents so I removed them and the trailing edge channel that held it in. (Driver side only) Other wise I love the seat. No brace necessary

mghenwood

Region: Northeast
Car #: 58
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for mghenwood     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Rhart, what seat brackets did you use and did you remove any of the old seat mounting humps on the floor?

rhart Verified Driver
Psycho Member

Region: SFR
Car #: 53
Year : 94
Icon 1 posted  Profile for rhart     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

We used the Sparco aluminum adjustable side mount kit. The movable tab got removed. The rear factory seat mounts were removed. The left Sparco seat mount is flat on the floor. The right mount is at and angle to the floor. I welded in a plate from the front factory seat mount to the rear. Large enough for the Sparco mount to bolt to. By doing this we did not need to cut the trans tunnel.

http://www.bakerprecision.com/sparco1b.htm

If you get the mounts that kick out at the bottom he WILL have to cut into the tunnel if you wants the seat centered. I am 6'2" so I had to mount the seat very low

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: