Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » SpecMiata.com » Spec Miata » No Mazda in World Challenge??

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: No Mazda in World Challenge??
jbenoit28 Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: CFR
Car #: 28
SMIM: .
Icon 1 posted  Profile for jbenoit28     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Did I miss something? I was at the St. Pete Grand Prix and there was a lone RX8 to carry the Mazda Banner in World Challenge. From what I saw so far this year, it looks like they are putting their money into Grand Am series. Is this true?

--------------------
What does this button do??

guest driver

Region: 011
Car #: 47
Year : 94
Icon 1 posted  Profile for guest driver     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by jbenoit28:
Did I miss something? I was at the St. Pete Grand Prix and there was a lone RX8 to carry the Mazda Banner in World Challenge. From what I saw so far this year, it looks like they are putting their money into Grand Am series. Is this true?

Yup ... for now.
See Freedom, i Moto, Nonnamaker/Sahlen and MER for their fleet of brand new MazdaSpeed3's that are now racing along with the MX5's and RX8's in GrandAm ST.
Also see that a fellow Spec Miata racer pulled off a double win at St Pete in the new SCCA Touring Car class.
Congrats to Todd Buras for wheeling that piglet Jetta through the streets to P-1 in both races!
[thumbsup]

Drago Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
MegaModerator

Region: mid south
Car #: 2
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Drago   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Wow, congrats Todd! Didnt eve hear anything!
Jim

--------------------
Jim Drago
East Street Auto Salvage
jdrago1@aol.com
2006-2007 Mid-West Division
07,09 June Sprints Champion

EAST STREET RACING

TaxMan Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Willing to trade tax advice for Miata parts...

Region: Florida Region
Car #: 7
SMIM: TaxMan
Icon 1 posted  Profile for TaxMan   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

What I want is for Todd to tell us about starting the race in reverse for the standing start. I can only hope there is good video of him going backwards at the green when everyone else starts headed forward.

--------------------
Gary Jenkins
SEDIV Spec Miata Advisory Committe
AOL IM:PBLRacing

Todd Lamb Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
Playboy Mazda MX-5 Cup Champion 2009

Region: SE Div, Atlanta
Car #: EddieFur
Year : Party like it's ____
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Todd Lamb   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Funny he didn't mention that in his recap on the phone yesterday! [Wink]

--------------------
Mazdaspeed // SafeRacer // Traqmate // OPM Autosports // East Street Auto // Cobalt Friction
Racers Edge Motorsports Rolex GT RX-8 // i-MOTO Racing Conti Challenge MAZDASPEED3
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/toddspeed

MegaModerator

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Drago   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Todd Lamb:
Funny he didn't mention that in his recap on the phone yesterday! [Wink]

lmfao! he just told me!

--------------------
Jim Drago
East Street Auto Salvage
jdrago1@aol.com

EAST STREET RACING

guest driver

Icon 1 posted  Profile for guest driver     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

wasn't his fault ... grid marshall yelling at him to roll his car back, after the red starting lights went on [Eek!]
no time to get back into first gear [blush]
but then a patented killer Tee Bee flight to the front!!

Sean Allen Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Veteran Member

Region: SFR
Car #: 54!
Year : 90'
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Sean Allen   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Yeah... World Challenge... Surprised they even tried to bring it back.

Icon 1 posted  Profile for jbenoit28     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Those Krispy Kreme's really had that Jetta humming! Was nice to see him take both the wins.

World Challenge is very different from years past....

Joe

--------------------

Kim Ouye Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Retired Racer

Car #: 82/73
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Kim Ouye     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

BMW also left WC for GrandAm.

RealTime Acura focused on the new GTS class.

--------------------
Kim

91 BRG SMT RIP
06 MX-5 Cup

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting 'Holy sh*t...what a ride!'" - Unknown

Sean Allen Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Veteran Member

Car #: 54!
Year : 90'
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Sean Allen   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Only because the owner of RT owns part of WCV and has to be involved in the series still [duck]

Can we expect more of the Conti Challenge races to be televised this year with the teams moving there?

RealTime doesn't have a lot of competition now. The GT class wasn't a bad showing though.

Joe

--------------------

tburas Verified Driver Series Champ
SM

Region: 003
Car #: 56
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for tburas   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Sean Allen:

It was a ton of fun. Great competition, we were not the the fastest car in the field.

Supprised no one saw the winnings... [Eek!] [yep]

30 cars all started together and I got to drive in the streets of St. Pete. Awsome...

Thanks goes out to Irish Mike's and VW

GO SPEC MIATA... You mean R on the top of the sticky thingee does not stand for Race [help]

--------------------
[URL=http://www.toddburas.com]
//East Street Auto//Traqmate//SafeRacer//

SSCMAZDA3

Icon 1 posted  Profile for SSCMAZDA3     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by tburas:
quote:

It was a ton of fun. Great competition, we were not the the fastest car in the field.

30 cars all started together and I got to drive in the streets of St. Pete. Awsome...

GO SPEC MIATA... You mean R on the top of the sticky thingee does not stand for Race [help]

We noticed it!!! We have been talking about it all day!!! Nice payday for the Irish Mikes cars!!!

VW contingency must be awesome.....

Were they the ST cars?

--------------------
BRETT MARS
#05 T2 Mustang Shelby GT

The only heterosexual in Pittsburgh that is not a Steeler fan....

MegaModerator

quote:
Originally posted by tburas:
quote:

I saw it.. BIG $$ for two race wins! cool beans!
Congrats!

[ 04-01-2010, 03:02 PM: Message edited by: Drago ]

--------------------
Jim Drago
East Street Auto Salvage
jdrago1@aol.com

EAST STREET RACING

guest driver

i saw it too but thought it was a typo [Eek!]
Wow, VW must pay some big time contingency!
good for Irish Mike, makes up a bit for the Subi he wrote off there at St Pete a couple of years ago.
does this mean ya'll be running some more WC rounds that don't conflict with the Conti Series?

and JB; it looks like Drago's friend from Beverly Hills will be racing the TriPoint MS3 at Long Beach - Mazda is still involved, bringing out their highest profile racer to run in their biggest market area.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: