Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » SpecMiata.com » Spec Miata » ESS Fire Bottle Discharge

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: ESS Fire Bottle Discharge
Grant MacDonald

Region: North Carolina
Car #: 50
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Grant MacDonald     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Has anyone ever had a fire bottle discharge without the handle being pulled? I have the ESS small fire bottle and it let go while sitting in the garage with both safety pins in place. Do the CO2 cartridges go bad? Mine is 3 years old.

--------------------
Grant MacDonald
Greensboro NC
"Bates City Flash"
Spec Miata #50

wheel Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: kc
Car #: 20
Year : 92
Icon 1 posted  Profile for wheel     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I have had a discharge, but they took care of it with penicillin.

Muda Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
ComingToAMirrorNearYou

Region: WDC
Car #: #23
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Muda     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

The bovine strains require a lot of penicillin.

--------------------
Muda Motorsports
"We're all here 'cause we're not all there."

TURNINGLT4SPONSOR

Icon 1 posted  Profile for TURNINGLT4SPONSOR     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

No. I recently contacted ESS on a freezing issue and they were super helpful. If the bottle has frozen the seal may have broken.

Brandon F. Verified Driver

Region: NNJR
Car #: 48
Year : 1996
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Brandon F.     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

And there again, you may need some more penicillin if you've blown a seal...

Somehow I think all three of us will be here a lot longer than the rest of the week.

[rolling on floor laughin]

TR6

Region: Southwest
Car #: 500
Year : 2002
Icon 1 posted  Profile for TR6     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Brandon F.:
And there again, you may need some more penicillin if you've blown a seal...

Better than blowing a tranny! [Big Grin]

Serious content: I have the same ESS system that I just installed and they warned me to take the bottle out of the car if I store it where it will freeze. I guess hearing your experience, now I know why.

--------------------
Greg H.
2002 red Miata #500
Denton, Texas

Steve D. Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Once you get past the gag reflex, the jelly ain't bad!

Region: Atlanta
Car #: 30
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Steve D.     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Brandon F.:
... if you've blown a seal...

No, that's just a little tartar sauce...

Brandon F. Verified Driver

Region: NNJR
Car #: 48
Year : 1996
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Brandon F.     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Alright - time for the damn joke:

A penguin decided to take a day off from his job working at the zoo. He got in his car and drove into town.

Shortly after arriving, he began to experience car trouble. Lucky for him, he broke down next to a service station.

After explaining his problem to the mechanic, the mechanic told him to return in a couple of hours.

Not wanting to lose full advantage of his day off, the penguin decided to kill time in town.

He stopped at a bookstore and purchased a couple of books, and did a little window shopping.

Finally he stopped at a restaraunt and had fishsticks** and some vanilla ice cream for dessert.

By then, it was time for the penguin to pick up his car. The mechanic steps out of the garage while wiping his hands on a shop towel and tells the penguin, "Well, looks like you blew a seal."

"Oh, no!" says the penguin, "Thats just ice cream."

[rolling on floor laughin] [laughing]

** South Park Studios - Fishsticks

Back to work now...

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: