Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » SpecMiata.com » Spec Miata » New driver cooling is hot!

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: New driver cooling is hot!
rhart Verified Driver
Psycho Member

Region: SFR
Car #: 53
Year : 94
Icon 1 posted  Profile for rhart     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I used the 986 Advanced Driver Cooling last weekend in the SFR opener. I couldn't be happier with the results. Beautiful even cooling with the bladder shirt. The perfect temp was greatly appreciated. No fiddling necessary. Turn it on and go to pre grid. The ice chest is two compartments...one for ice one for water. The water circulates through the coils on the ice side of the unit. Well conceived, well designed and well executed.
( 986inc.com )

Speed Freak

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Speed Freak     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Hmmm
Perhaps the driver of #54 could use one. I know he was HOT after his two off track excursions one that took him out of the lead,and another shortly there after.

rhart Verified Driver
Psycho Member

Car #: 53
Year : 94
Icon 1 posted  Profile for rhart     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Hi Darin

Hmmm
Whatever happened to the notion that it is up to the overtaker to pass the slower car safely?? Off the track twice in 15 min???Doesn't sound like sensible driving...corner workers agreed by the way.

Dan Cooper Verified Driver

Region: San Francisco
Car #: 35
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Dan Cooper     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Alot has been said and alot of video has been watched regarding the 2 incidents. I think it would be a good decision to let things go and move on to the next race.
[twocents]

--------------------
Dan
--
Green Miata #35
Integriteam/Integratis

dp35 Verified Driver

Car #: 51
Icon 1 posted  Profile for dp35     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by rhart:
Hi Darin

Hmmm
Whatever happened to the notion that it is up to the overtaker to pass the slower car safely?? Off the track twice in 15 min???Doesn't sound like sensible driving...corner workers agreed by the way.

Hi Rick - Darin here. I'll respond to this in the thread that includes a video and discussion of these incidents, located here.

--------------------
2010 SCCA Regional Driver of the Year
2010 25 Hours of Thunderhill E1 Class winner, MX-5 Cup

Dave McAnaney Verified Driver

Region: San Francisco
Car #: 45
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Dave McAnaney     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Rick - regardless of what the cornerworkers said, your situational awareness really sucked and you cost Darin the race win. Eventually when your running at the pointy end of the field you will expect people you're overtaking who are lapping nearly 10sec/lap slower than you to exhibit some class and not try to ruin your race. I would chalk your move in T5 as a rookie mistake, but driving him off the between 9 and 10 was downright dangerous. Most competitive racers would not have exhibited as much restraint as Darin has shown throughout this ordeal. If I were you I would get a few races under my belt, lose the orange square, and run in the front half of the field before copping an attitude.

--------------------
Dave McAnaney
SM#45 San Francisco Region

tahoe z Verified Driver
2007 NASA 25hr Champion E2 / 2008 NASA 25 HR E2 2ND place

Region: san francisco
Car #: SFR # 62 1.6/ SMT / 1.8 /# 62 ITA
Year : 89smt / 94 ita
Icon 1 posted  Profile for tahoe z     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Rick, use your mirrors!

--------------------
kim willcox

Speed Freak

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Speed Freak     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

New Miata 15-25K, Advanced cooling suit 1K, Entry fee's $500, Glance in the mirror's once in a while,followed by a point by..PRICELESS

Maybe you need a radio and someone spotting. Just a thought.

Shop Teacher

Region: SF Nor Cal
Car #: #39
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Shop Teacher     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Speed Freak:
New Miata 15-25K, Advanced cooling suit 1K, Entry fee's $500, Glance in the mirror's once in a while,followed by a point by..PRICELESS

Maybe you need a radio and someone spotting. Just a thought.

Dude I love your post's you are to funny

--------------------
Al Angulo
Auto Instructor
Ford Senior Master Tech
ASE Master Tech

racerfink Verified Driver
Gig 'em Aggies

Region: Central Florida Region
Car #: 111
Year : '90 Miata
Icon 1 posted  Profile for racerfink     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

wow. How about we just tell him to burn his SM, since he obviously doesn't know how to race, and should be ashamed at himself for thinking he could even be on the same track as us...

IMO, the leader did himself no favor by trying that first pass.

--------------------
'90 Spec Miata
'90 Street Miata
'96 Chevy 1500
http://www.AutoTechnikRacing.com
www.myspace.com/projecthband

Muda Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
ComingToAMirrorNearYou

Region: WDC
Car #: #23
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Muda     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

If I pulled a stunt like that I'd probably be begging for forgiveness from the injured parties.

Otherwise, I might expect to be the recipient of a move like Edwards did to Keselowski or Jonsson did to Callaneo at Barber.

--------------------
Muda Motorsports
"We're all here 'cause we're not all there."

wheel Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: kc
Car #: 20
Year : 92
Icon 1 posted  Profile for wheel     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Really, the whole point of this was that he apologized after the event, and would have been golden, if that was all he said. Anyone, who has raced, has done worse things than what he did.

If he had not posted his later comment about the corner workers and the passing car responsibility, he could have walked away without our scorn.

wheel

racerfink Verified Driver
Gig 'em Aggies

Region: Central Florida Region
Car #: 111
Year : '90 Miata
Icon 1 posted  Profile for racerfink     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by wheel:
Really, the whole point of this was that he apologized after the event, and would have been golden, if that was all he said. Anyone, who has raced, has done worse things than what he did.

If he had not posted his later comment about the corner workers and the passing car responsibility, he could have walked away without our scorn.

wheel

You mean AFTER Speed Freak took a shot at him, IN A THREAD TALKING ABOUT HIS COOLING SYSTEM?

--------------------
'90 Spec Miata
'90 Street Miata
'96 Chevy 1500
http://www.AutoTechnikRacing.com
www.myspace.com/projecthband

wheel Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: kc
Car #: 20
Year : 92
Icon 1 posted  Profile for wheel     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Yeah, that would be the one.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: