Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » SpecMiata.com » Spec Miata » SPEED To Launch SPEED2 Broadband Channel

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: SPEED To Launch SPEED2 Broadband Channel
Motor City Hamilton

Region: Great Lakes/Detroit
Car #: 51
Year : 1994 Miata
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Motor City Hamilton     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

http://formula-one.speedtv.com/article/speed-to-launch-speed2-broadband-channel/

If this becomes a web only channel, then I can just go ahead and cancel my cable.

It didn't say in the article whether or not they were changing the name of Speed's original channel to TNN - The Nascar Network?

Muda Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
ComingToAMirrorNearYou

Region: WDC
Car #: #23
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Muda     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Read closer, it says you have to be a subscriber to participate.

They're really slow on this but not stupid.
Nice to see somebody there is trying to maximize the intellectual property.

Didn't see Grand Am on the list. (sigh)

--------------------
Muda Motorsports
"We're all here 'cause we're not all there."

Kent Carter Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Future Never Has Been

Region: Houston
Car #: 91
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Kent Carter   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I don't have any problems at all paying for the content I like.

--------------------
Do I turn my 99 Hard S into a killerfast SM or seek a donor?

Sean Allen Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Veteran Member

Region: SFR
Car #: 54!
Year : 90'
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Sean Allen   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Nice idea, but you can get all that and much more for free on the net already.

Apex to Apex

Region: NASA Mid-West
Car #: 077
Year : 1995
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Apex to Apex     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I follow much of the ALMS via Radio Le Mans, and the Midweek Mototsport Listeners Collective on FB. Some of their British rants can be a bit much at times though. But they have good coverage of F1, DTM, BTCC and other road racing. Many nights I've stayed up late following the 24hrs of Le Mans.

http://rlm.0157.org/

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=5508588715&ref=ts

--------------------
"Driving is a serious business" - John Milner, 'American Graffiti'

Gibscreen Verified Driver Series Champ

Region: NASA-SoCal
Car #: 23
Year : 1995
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Gibscreen   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Kent Carter:
I don't have any problems at all paying for the content I like.

So you're the one!

--------------------
Rob Gibson
RJ Racing
2010 NASA Nationals TTE Champion
2008/2009 WERC Champion
2007 NASA SoCal SM Champion
rjracing.net
Weekend-Racer.com

Mark McCallister Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Just graduated from novice to rookie!!

Region: Central Florida
Car #: 40
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mark McCallister     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Muda:
Read closer, it says you have to be a subscriber to participate.

Subscriber to the online service or subscriber to CATV? I can't imagine how they could ever tell whether you were a CATV subscriber.

I will gladly pay for an online service, but have no interest in paying for CATV (157 channels and nothing on...). Between Hulu and other services you can find almost everything on TV you'd ever want to watch, EXCEPT for racing!!! Grrrr....

Hopefully this will do well and others will take notice. CATV is a dead-end technology.

Motor City Hamilton

Region: Great Lakes/Detroit
Car #: 51
Year : 1994 Miata
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Motor City Hamilton     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I have recommended this to Speed for years. Road racers are busy in the weekends playing with cars and usually watch racing content on the DVR, fast forwarding the commercials.

An online channel is great and should be offset by advertisers to make it free to the end user or very cheap to the end user. We will probably have to watch a :15 or :30 pre-roll advertiser video and have banner ads running next to the content. But, if done right, the ads will at least be relevant to racing fans.

Mark McCallister Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Just graduated from novice to rookie!!

Region: Central Florida
Car #: 40
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mark McCallister     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

ALMS is going to be streaming the Laguna Seca race live this weekend for free - signup here:

http://americanlemans.com/live

"Saturday, May 22nd, 2010: Flag to Flag Live Coverage starting at 2:30PM PDT: The American Le Mans Series Monterey presented by Patron moves from October to May with the Series racing for six hours on the Monterey Peninsula. The 2.238-mile, 11-turn Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca is a favorite of competitors and spectators alike, especially the famed Corkscrew."

I guess I'll make a new thread...

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: