Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » SpecMiata.com » Spec Miata » Whoa...did this slip in??

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: Whoa...did this slip in??
Zauskycop Verified Driver

Region: Chicago
Car #: 45
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Zauskycop     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

CLUB RACING TECHNICAL BULLETIN
DATE: May 20, 2010
NUMBER: TB 10-06
TO: Competitors, Stewards, and Scrutineers
SUBJECT: Errors and Omissions, Competition Adjustments, Clarifications, and Classifications
All changes are effective 6/1/10 unless otherwise noted.

1. #829 (Ryan Imperial) Allow 90-93 Miata front bar on 94+ Miata
See letter #1222.

3. #1222 (CRB) 94-97 sway bars
In 9.1.8.C.4.a, change as follows: “The kits must be used in their entirety, except as specified.”
In 9.1.8.C.4.a.4, add to K-SPEC-M5-SUS8, “Or may use adjustable 24 mm front bar from Eibach kit 0000-04-5302-EB.”

I don't have a dog in this fight, but I don't remember any discussion on this. Was this just an exclusion that was supposed to be in the book?

--------------------
Tracy Ramsey
Team Blenderblaster

pat slattery Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Veteran Member

Region: cincy
Car #: 79
Year : 92
Icon 1 posted  Profile for pat slattery     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I think that was a slip in.

Pat

--------------------
keeping the faith for the 1.6

Arrow Karts

Keith in WA Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Pack Fodder

Region: NWR / Oregon
Car #: 88
Year : 95
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Keith in WA     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Where did you find that? I just looked at the may Fastrack and no tech bulletins were listed for SM. It would be cool for us 1.8 owners though.

--------------------
Keith Novak
(Will work for tires)

wheel Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: kc
Car #: 20
Year : 92
Icon 1 posted  Profile for wheel     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

http://www.scca.com/documents/Fastrack/10/10-fastrack-june-club.pdf

fastbrewer

Region: Utah
Car #: 93
Year : 1996
Icon 1 posted  Profile for fastbrewer     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Will this be beneficial speedwise for the 94-97's?

Jamie Tucker Series Champ

ARRC 2010 Champ

Region: CFR
Car #: 97
Year : 1990/99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jamie Tucker     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

From what I have been told the bar on the 1.8s was to big and therefore caused the car to push badly. Since the car is basically a 1.6 it seemed to make more since to use a 1.6 bar. I would say that it will help the car but not a great deal.

--------------------
2010 ARRC Champion
2010 CFR Champion
2010 instigator of the year
2010/2011 Andrew Von C Wingman

Dusty Bottoms Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
99 all the way!

Region: Lone Star
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Dusty Bottoms     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I Think the biggest reason is that the bar was too big physically. If you take a close look at the brackets and bushings you'll realize that was way too big a bar to fit in the stock mounting positions. The push many people complain can be mainly attributed to clamping down too hard. If you put spacers between the brackets and the car that helps A BUNCH. It frees up the bar. I never had a problem with entry or mid-corner push after that fix.

--------------------
"Your victory is tainted! Asterisk! Asterisk!!!"--Lisa Simpson

Jay Lutz

Region: Indy
Car #: 33
Year : 1994
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jay Lutz     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Dusty,

Can you describe these spacers? length, width, thickness, material. Also, if I wanted to try the new bar where would I get one?

Clearly I don't want/need the entire NA kit. I didn't think the bar was available separately although it makes sense that it would be for crash situtations.

Thanks, Jay

--------------------
"In our sport if you go out of bounds you're most likely not coming back" Michael Waltrip

d mathias Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: OVR
Car #: 88
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for d mathias     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Flat washers. 1 washer on only one side of the bracket usually suffices. Helps to clean and lube the anti-sway bar occasionly too.

mtm68 Verified Driver

Region: CalClub/ SFR
Car #: 67
Icon 1 posted  Profile for mtm68     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Is that legal?

--------------------
-
Marcus Miller
ITA 1.6 for sale- ish
ITE / ST2 Turbo 1.6 (in progress)

Dusty Bottoms Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
99 all the way!

Region: Lone Star
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Dusty Bottoms     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

In my opinion, the washers are not used as fasteners but as spacers so therefore I don't think they are legal and I'm glad they are changing the bar.

I was using ~3mm spacers one on each side made out of aluminum stock.

Denny, I'm assuming you are talking about using that washer on your 91? That would not be enough on a 1.8

--------------------
"Your victory is tainted! Asterisk! Asterisk!!!"--Lisa Simpson

fastbrewer

Region: Utah
Car #: 93
Year : 1996
Icon 1 posted  Profile for fastbrewer     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Not legal to do the washers. I was doing this and we asked the SCCA tech compliance guy at a National race for clarification on a bunch of gray area stuff and this he would have ruled as non-compliant.
Although he told us it is something they were not really looking for. But just to be a good sport I removed the washers.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: