» Hello Spec Miata Community » SpecMiata.com » Spec Miata » CRB/SMAC Letters

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: CRB/SMAC Letters
davew Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Veteran Member

Region: chicago
Car #: 72 and ?
Year : 90 and 90
Icon 1 posted  Profile for davew   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

On behlf of the CRB and SMAC members, I would like to thank all of you who took the time, to write letters concerning the proposed rule changes. We recieved 85 letters. Some letters had more than one rule addressed, so we totalled over 100 votes.

The enthusiasm shown by this many letters proves that the Spec Miata community cares deeply about our class. This was by far the largest number of letters we have recieved in my 3 years on the SMAC.

The SMAC spent 3 hours last night going over every letter that was sent.

As they say on TV, "The race is too close to call".

Reguarding the reimplimentation of the Compliance fee/team; The votes where slightly in favor of reimplimentation. At this time the SMAC is investigating methods of additional tech inspections. If we can come up with a realistic program, we will offer it to the drivers. If you have constructive input on how to impliment this program, let us know. We welcome your opinions.

The vote for upgrading suspension crossmembers, steering racks, etc. was split evenly with 18 votes each way. The SMAC is also split on our opinions. The biggest objection being cost.

The results on allowing adjustable fuel pressure regulators and timing was surprising. With more than a 2-1 margin in favor!!!!

The SMAC wants your input. Whether that be via official letters or casual conversations at the track. If you have a good idea, let us know about it. Big fields and close racing is what all of us desire.

Thank You

Dave Wheeler, Chairman SCCA SMAC
Jim Drago, CRB member
Jim Wheeler, CRB Liason
Sam Henry, SMAC Member
Tom Fowler, SMAC member
Dave Macananey, SMAC member
Mike Collins, SMAC member

--------------------
Advanced Autosports, The Midwests leader in Spec Miata Service, Parts and Rentals
608-313-1230
Authorised Spec Miata service center
www.advanced-autosports.com

d mathias Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: OVR
Car #: 88
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for d mathias     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

My opinion: Compliance fee should be national level only. I never once saw a compliance team at a regional event even though I paid hundred$$$ in fees. I want my money back.

George Munson Verified Driver

Region: 83
Car #: 127
Year : 90
Icon 1 posted  Profile for George Munson     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Dave,

A big "Thanks" to you and all the members on the SMAC for the time and effort spent in making our sport better. [thumbsup]

B Wilson Verified Driver Series Champ
Gold Member

Region: Oregon
Car #: 68
Year : 91
Icon 1 posted  Profile for B Wilson   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Compliance fees help everyone if you care about what your competitor is using to beat you. It is not about getting teched all the time, it's about the chance of getting teched at any given race. Our region took great interest in working with the Topeka team to understand and use the tools supplied to tech at regional and national races. If your local officials don't care about making the large SM fields happy, then therein lies the problem.

-bw

--------------------
Bruce Wilson
2010 Oregon Region Champ
2010 Monte Shelton Driver of the Year
2010 25 Hours of Thunderhill E3 and Under 2 liter Overall Champion
Oregon Region SM Class Advisor

Z-MAN Verified Driver

Region: Mid-South
Car #: 54
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Z-MAN     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

You guys are doing a great job keep it up...

I hope some testing is done before the fuel and timing is opened up - there will probably need to be a restrictor plate or weight change to mitigate the gains in performance or I think we could easily end up with only the 99's running up front.

Just my $.02

MZ

Mike C Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
MegaModerator

Region: WDCR - 042
Car #: 75
Year : 93 & 95 & 99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mike C   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Just to follow up on what Dave said. THANKS. It helps when we get REAL input via the official SCCA process.

If you wrote THANKS AGAIN! If you have not you still have time. Please take a moment and share your thoughts with us. We are going to be taking a hard look at a couple of items after the June sprints. We need your support and comments.

--------------------
Mike Collins
MEATHEAD Racing
http://www.SHEETZ.com
The MEATHEAD Racing 2010 Calendar is up!!!!
www.MEATHEADRacing.com
SMAC Member
WDCR-SCCA SM Drivers Rep.
ALL OPINIONS ON RULES OR SPECIFICATIONS ARE JUST THAT, MY OPINIONS!

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: