Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » SpecMiata.com » Spec Miata » Gingerman hotel?

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: Gingerman hotel?
Funracer Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Funracer     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

First time to Gingermn this weekend. Can
anyone recommend a hotel nearby? Wife coming
along so a step or two above flophouse would be good.

Thanks
Funracer

luckymiata76

Region: South Bend
Car #: 76
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for luckymiata76     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Hotels in South Haven might be a little pricey since this is peak tourist season. The Ramada in Watervliet(25 min) is only a couple years old. Try that.

--------------------
Jeff Luckritz

Funracer Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Funracer     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Thanks

Nigel Stu Verified Driver

Region: Detroit
Car #: 66
Year : 1992
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Nigel Stu   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Not a lot of availability in South Haven either.

I snagged a room in a B&B in Fennville. Closest reasonable I could find. About 15 miles from the track.

Saturday breakfast will likely be missed, but since we don't race until after lunch on Sunday, I figured it would be good to sleep in a bit, relax and have a great meal. Plus this place has desserts and wine in the evening (something the GF will like).

--------------------
Ben Schaut
Schaut Speed Motorsports
GLDiv / WHRRI
#66 Blue/White/Black

John Hammer Palazzolo Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
I'm not slow, I'm maximizing my track time!

Region: NASA SE
Car #: 88
Year : '90
Icon 1 posted  Profile for John Hammer Palazzolo   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Head over to Kalamazoo...less than 30 minutes & there's everything you'd want off of US131 @ M43. While you're there, find an establishment with Bell's Oberon on tap...it's a great way to wrap a day at the track!

J

--------------------
John "Hammer" Palazzolo

Automotive Event Facilitator
Performance Driving Instructor
JohnHammer.org
877.HEY.0005

Icon 1 posted  Profile for John Hammer Palazzolo   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Head over to Kalamazoo...less than 30 minutes & there's everything you'd want off of US131 @ M43. While you're there, find an establishment with Bell's Oberon on tap...it's a great way to wrap a day at the track!

J

--------------------
John "Hammer" Palazzolo

JohnHammer.org
877.HEY.0005

JST #16 Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Car #: GLD. # 16
Year : 1994
Icon 1 posted  Profile for JST #16     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

+1 on Kalamazoo. Plus, Bell's Eccentric Cafe is downtown. That alway's takes the edge of the race day.

http://www.bellsbeer.com/index.php/cafe

--------------------
Jeff Thompson
SM #16 - Detroit Region
Great Lake Division

Nigel Stu Verified Driver

Car #: 66
Year : 1992
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Nigel Stu   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by JST #16:
+1 on Kalamazoo. Plus, Bell's Eccentric Cafe is downtown. That alway's takes the edge of the race day.

http://www.bellsbeer.com/index.php/cafe

DANG IT! If I had know this, I definitely would have gone for a room in the Zoo.... [Big Grin]

--------------------
Ben Schaut
Schaut Speed Motorsports
GLDiv / WHRRI
#66 Blue/White/Black

While you're there, tune into 103.3 KFR...I used to be the morning guy there back in the early '00s.

There's a great area Miata club (KAZOOM) if you need any local support.

J

--------------------
John "Hammer" Palazzolo

JohnHammer.org
877.HEY.0005

Martin Wiedenhoeft Verified Driver

Region: Milwaukee
Car #: 99
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Martin Wiedenhoeft     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Not sure about hotels but don't use the Shell gas station on the left side of the intersection after you get off the freeway.

Watched a patron get really pissed off at the clerk inside insisting that the pumps were off. I checked as I was filling up my 5gal gas jugs for the track and sure enough they were way off.

The next year I stopped in as I figured they had to be fixed at the point and they were still way off.

Now I drive to the BP on the other side of the freeway and fill up. The chinese resturant behind the bp isn't bad either.

Buyer Beware!!

--------------------
Trakmnky

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: