Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » SpecMiata.com » Spec Miata » Runoffs Lap Times (Page 7)

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic
Page 7 of 7 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Author Topic: Runoffs Lap Times
Drago Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
MegaModerator

Region: mid south
Car #: 2
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Drago   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Weekend Warrior:
brokedown crying? or mechanically broke down?

I KNOW HIS KNEE BROKE DOWN [Big Grin] , NOT SURE WHAT BROKE ON CAR.

--------------------
Jim Drago
East Street Auto Salvage
jdrago1@aol.com
2006-2007 Mid-West Division
07,09 June Sprints Champion

EAST STREET RACING

Steve D. Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Once you get past the gag reflex, the jelly ain't bad!

Region: Atlanta
Car #: 30
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Steve D.     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

WE KNOW DRAGO IS BACK AT WORK. THE PARTS COMPUTER ONLY HAS UPPER CASE LETTERS. GOTTA FUND THAT RUNOFFS 2011 BUILD. I SAW HIM WALKING AROUND THE PILES LOOKING ON THE GROUND FOR [twocents] . [Big Grin]

Alex Bolanos Verified Driver Series Champ

Car #: 18
Year : 1994
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Alex Bolanos     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by racerfink:
quote:
Originally posted by Drago:
quote:
Originally posted by pat slattery:
Any details about the lead cars and fixing some electrical issues after the race before tech?

Chip broke down on the backstraight and pulled over. That is where the rumor started.
Broke down, or broke back?

I bet it was more to check on Bolanos in the car Chip loaned him after he hit a spinning Naon, Jr.

The irony of two Miami FL drivers traveling all the way to Wisconsin and ending the race by crashing into one another.... [Frown]

It was a predictable end to a rough week. I never felt comfortable in the car and it showed in my 17th place starting position. I'll admit that I'm a bit surprised by the general aggression and antics displayed by the "second pack" from 10th place back... perhaps I'm spoiled by SEDiv?

MegaModerator

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Drago   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Steve D.:
WE KNOW DRAGO IS BACK AT WORK. THE PARTS COMPUTER ONLY HAS UPPER CASE LETTERS. GOTTA FUND THAT RUNOFFS 2011 BUILD. I SAW HIM WALKING AROUND THE PILES LOOKING ON THE GROUND FOR [twocents] . [Big Grin]

LMFAO, MOSTLY BECAUSE IT IS TRUE [Smile]

--------------------
Jim Drago
East Street Auto Salvage
jdrago1@aol.com

EAST STREET RACING

Cajun Miata Man Verified Driver
Overdog Driver

Region: Houston; SWDIV
Car #: 15
Year : 99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Cajun Miata Man     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
quote:

I guess maybe I will pay that invoice sitting on my desk when I got back yesterday. Hate to see you bent over looking for lunch money.

--------------------
James York

sponsored by:
Stan's Auto Center, Lafayette LA
powered by:
East Street Racing, Memphis TN
set up guru:
Gilfus Racing, Austin TX

Steve D. Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Once you get past the gag reflex, the jelly ain't bad!

Region: Atlanta
Car #: 30
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Steve D.     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Cajun Miata Man:
Hate to see you bent over.

Fixed it for ya.

MegaModerator

kick a guy when he is down why don't ya [Smile]

--------------------
Jim Drago
East Street Auto Salvage
jdrago1@aol.com

EAST STREET RACING

Kent Carter Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Future Never Has Been

Region: Houston
Car #: 91
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Kent Carter   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
kick a guy when he is down why don't ya [Smile]

Just don't step on his foot.

Did that ever heal?

--------------------
Do I turn my 99 Hard S into a killerfast SM or seek a donor?

Dwayne Hoover Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Veteran Member

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Dwayne Hoover     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Cajun Miata Man:
quote:
quote:

I guess maybe I will pay that invoice sitting on my desk when I got back yesterday. Hate to see you bent over looking for lunch money.
Funny because I figure he has spent $170 on postage, envelopes, invoice paper, and bookkeeper time repeatedly sending me invoices for a $90 order I have been authorizing him to bill me for since November 2009. [cheerful]

New ESA cost-cutting policy: All orders below $100 are free, because we'll just spend $250 of overhead trying to bill you for it anyway! [Big Grin]

I laugh every time I see that a human being got paid to circle the "PAST 90 DAYS DUE" (yes, it really is all caps) part of the invoice with a Magic Marker.

--------------------
Visit the Midland City Arts Festival!

MegaModerator

Here is my start video...I was penalized 1 spot for jumping the start? I think the start was jumped by pole sitter and everyone else when pace car pulled in? I didn't pop or advance until after green waived. Anyone disagree?
Even with that jump, I got caught by T1 and lost a position through T1 .
Jim

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGpo6AzdKuU

--------------------
Jim Drago
East Street Auto Salvage
jdrago1@aol.com

EAST STREET RACING

Dusty Bottoms Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
99 all the way!

Region: Lone Star
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Dusty Bottoms     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Here is my start video...I was penalized 1 spot for jumping the start? I think the start was jumped by pole sitter and everyone else when pace car pulled in? I didn't pop or advance until after green waived. Anyone disagree?
Jim

That was a GrandAm penalty, not SCCA penalty. I am assuming you went when the green was out and you were told on the radio.

--------------------
"Your victory is tainted! Asterisk! Asterisk!!!"--Lisa Simpson

Juan Pineda Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Veteran Member

Region: San Francisco
Car #: 34
Year : 1992
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Juan Pineda   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

That was such a ragged line up. Starter should never have thrown the green.

--------------------
www.ArtOfRoadRacing.com Race Craft Clinic - Thunderhill - 30 Jan 2011

MegaModerator

quote:
Originally posted by Juan Pineda:

I agree.. but not sure how I won the penalty lottery in that mess? [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Jim Drago
East Street Auto Salvage
jdrago1@aol.com

EAST STREET RACING

Kent Carter Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Future Never Has Been

Region: Houston
Car #: 91
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Kent Carter   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Juan Pineda:

I agree.. but not sure how I won the penalty lottery in that mess? [Roll Eyes]
It's the "YOU knew better" rule.

--------------------
Do I turn my 99 Hard S into a killerfast SM or seek a donor?

MegaModerator

quote:
Originally posted by Kent Carter:
It's the "YOU knew better" rule.

I think it was the "you should know better rule" [Smile]

--------------------
Jim Drago
East Street Auto Salvage
jdrago1@aol.com

EAST STREET RACING

guest driver

Region: 011
Car #: 47
Year : 94
Icon 1 posted  Profile for guest driver     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

jim;
that was your best ever start, you popped out of line jut as the green was waived.
how did Coello catch back up, he was going backwards?
your only issue was that you were flat so early, you ran out of 4th ... see, that's what you get for running a non flashed ECU
[Smile]
and you cut sammy a break, could have demon dived it in there and pushed him up into von c, very clean driving.
gorilla was the one that failed to keep pace car speed.

Capt. John

Region: FL.
Car #: # 27 ITA
Year : 1986
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Capt. John     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

What happened to the GCR mandate 6.5.1 E that states : Drivers may not pass the pace car until it pulls off the track and THE POLE CAR WILL MAINTAIN THE SPEED OF THE PACE CAR BEFORE IT PULLED OFF THE TRACK UNTIL THE GREEN FLAG. Sure sounded like the pole car started to accelerate significantly up the hill long before the green flag could ever be seen. The T-1 start shown on You Tube,shows no acceleration before the green flag.....It was after the flag and a bonehead move right into a car that caused all the problems. If the Stewards felt that you jumped the start after seeing that video they need to get a hearing and vision check-up.

mr von charbonneau

Region: 83
Car #: any
Year : any
Icon 1 posted  Profile for mr von charbonneau   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

hey capt john he had electric issues give him a
break.

volante Verified Driver

Region: Mid-Div
Car #: 43
Year : 1995
Icon 1 posted  Profile for volante     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I have never been to a race at RA that when the pace car pulls in EVERYONE is not hard on the gas and grabbing gears,if your not you get left behind on the hill grabbing something else!
T1 guys dicked it up so bad last year no way they were gonna do it again.

Jim,thats how you run RA,nice first lap.I will say from watching the Speedcast video live it looked like a early start but the in car looks perfect.And speaking of T1 not sure how you get dinged this year and the pole T1 car last year was a half a straight ahead of anyone last year before the green flew.

--------------------
volante

Tom Sager Made Donation to Website

Region: Chicago
Car #: 94
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Tom Sager     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Jim

Looks like you timed it perfectly but it's very close. Too close to impose a penalty.

d mathias Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: OVR
Car #: 88
Icon 1 posted  Profile for d mathias     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I wasn't in the car, or even the state of Wisconsin, but it looks like JD passed P4 before going under the bridge, where a double yellow was still out.

The space below is provided for people to inform me that I don't know my a$$ from a hole in the ground.

-Denny

wheel Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: kc
Car #: 20
Year : 92
Icon 1 posted  Profile for wheel     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Capt. John:
The T-1 start shown on You Tube,shows no acceleration before the green flag.....It was after the flag and a bonehead move right into a car that caused all the problems. If the Stewards felt that you jumped the start after seeing that video they need to get a hearing and vision check-up.

It was not a bonehead move, but a mechanical problem on JH's car, that caused the problem.

wheel

just fixed the quotes... Drago

[ 10-05-2010, 09:46 AM: Message edited by: Drago ]

guest driver

Icon 1 posted  Profile for guest driver     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by d mathias:
I wasn't in the car, or even the state of Wisconsin, but it looks like JD passed P4 before going under the bridge, where a double yellow was still out.

The space below is provided for people to inform me that I don't know my a$$ from a hole in the ground.

-Denny

yo denny, i was 1,500 miles further away than you and i saw it clear as a bell,
dragostic pulls out of line just as the starter pops out the green ... some folks have spotters across from the starter in pit lane waiting to call the 'twitch' ...
da dude nailed the start perfectly.
you may know holes well, but please get your eyes checked
[Razz]

d mathias Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: OVR
Car #: 88
Icon 1 posted  Profile for d mathias     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Dear Guest (can I call you 'Guest'?),

Normally I agree with everything you say, but via examination usually reserved for films by Abraham Zapruder, at 0:24 double-yellows can be observed in the upper right of the screen, while the #67 appears in the camera-car's rear view mirror.

Whether deserving of a penalty is not my call.

Of course I have excellent vision. K-mart sucks.

guest driver

quote:
Originally posted by d mathias:
Dear Guest (can I call you 'Guest'?),

Normally I agree with everything you say, but via examination usually reserved for films by Abraham Zapruder, at 0:24 double-yellows can be observed in the upper right of the screen, while the #67 appears in the camera-car's rear view mirror.

Whether deserving of a penalty is not my call.

Of course I have excellent vision. K-mart sucks.

gee denny, "Guest" would be the nicest thing anyone's called me in a long time ...
fuhgetahbout the DBY on the right, it's the starter that counts, always a lag between starter and station flags.
Gorilla jumped the start so bad that even TC was caught out, holding up the outside line, von c saved him (and himself) by picking him up with a monster push all the way down the straight to P-1 !!
Only thing James D did wrong was go to mass that morning ... was feeling too giving, never should have given sammy the entry at T-1, you gots the inside, yous going in first!
[yep]

pat slattery Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Veteran Member

Region: cincy
Car #: 79
Icon 1 posted  Profile for pat slattery     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I was suprised by mylaps results. We actually only had 5 full laps of racing, maybe 4 for some that might have been in the back pack. [Frown]

T1 got 7, and they had a 45 minute red flag!!

--------------------
keeping the faith for the 1.6

Arrow Karts

mr von charbonneau

Icon 1 posted  Profile for mr von charbonneau   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Hey Pat this is sm not t-1 keep the faith retard

and underdog got hit by the tech shed bus

soory just see what i see you need help

seege Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: NASA So Cal
Year : Thinking on that.... ok done 99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for seege     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by mr von charbonneau:
Hey Pat this is sm not t-1 keep the faith retard

and underdog got hit by the tech shed bus

soory just see what i see you need help

For posterity!

--------------------
-CJ Johnson

Icon 1 posted  Profile for wheel     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

The trap speeds and time from SF to the trap, just before T5, are now up on the results page.

The trap is before the braking zone before T5. It is approximately 0.15-0.2 miles before the apex of the corner (I don't have an exact distance for this). As the heading for column F (or G for the race) says, the trap is 0.02284 miles - that's the distance between the two transponder loops.

http://www.scca.org/eventresults.aspx?event=15558&hub=1

Most of the fast guys have a best at 118.xxx, although there are several guys who have 120.xxx Tabs are on the bottom for the three Q sessions and for the race.

Tom Sager Made Donation to Website

Region: Chicago
Car #: 94
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Tom Sager     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by wheel:
The trap speeds and time from SF to the trap, just before T5, are now up on the results page.

The trap is before the braking zone before T5. It is approximately 0.15-0.2 miles before the apex of the corner (I don't have an exact distance for this). As the heading for column F (or G for the race) says, the trap is 0.02284 miles - that's the distance between the two transponder loops.

http://www.scca.org/eventresults.aspx?event=15558&hub=1

Most of the fast guys have a best at 118.xxx, although there are several guys who have 120.xxx Tabs are on the bottom for the three Q sessions and for the race.

The draft makes it tough to make comparisions. Probably better to look at the slower trap speeds for each driver. A lot of the numbers tightened up in the race.

I was not making any comparisons, just observing the numbers. The time from SF to the loop at 5 are pretty interesting, too.

wheel

Danny Steyn Verified Driver

Region: SE
Car #: 39
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Danny Steyn   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

More food for thought regarding the pursuit of the elusive 1- 2HP and 1-2ftlbs TQ, and the never ending 1.6 vs 99 debate.

At the Runoffs, after Q2, as you know, thanks to DDG and Steve, the Top 5 and a few more headed to the dyno for pulls to determine legality of ECUís.

We all ran our cars on the same dyno, on the same day, within a few minutes of each other. And in true sportsmen tradition, started by Steve, we all shared our dyno results. The Max variance on the dyno of all seven cars tested was approximately 4.5HP and 5TQ. Most of you will agree that is quite a spread.

Yet on the track in Q2 the top 8 were within 1 second of each other on a 4 mile track!

To me it seems like there is so much discussion and BS about parity and weight and restrictors and blah blah blah, yet those that can drive can get it done. I personally would love to see the guys that never stop whining, start doing the prep, get in their cars, put in the seat time, go racing, get the results and then come back with the data.

Sorry but I needed to vent.

--------------------
Danny
http://www.dannysteyn.com
http://www.adeptstudios.com
OPM Autosports | Traqmate | Rossini Racing Engines
2010 June Sprints Champ, 2010 ARRC SMX Champ
2009 SARRC Champ, 2009 SEDiv ECR Champ, 2009 FES Champ
2008 SEDiv ECR Champ

MegaModerator

I deleted the last few posts, one started it all an was uncalled for, PM sent. If you want to post any of the relevant info or I deleted some other relevant facts, please repost. Finding a guys worse times and trying to embarass him is not what we need here.
Jim

--------------------
Jim Drago
East Street Auto Salvage
jdrago1@aol.com

EAST STREET RACING

Jamie Tucker Series Champ

ARRC 2010 Champ

Region: CFR
Car #: 97
Year : 1990/99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jamie Tucker     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Wow this thread will even make me bite my tongue. There is no doubt Pauls car was the worst car in all of SM when I drove it. Sorry Paul but King Von C himself would have had a hard time running that car. The good news is you have put the time in to fix it so from here on out you can work on your driving. I guarantee you will drop a lot of time in November. Your car is not the only car that I have driven lately that needed help. The 99 that I drove at the last Sebring race was not very good either and that car is owned by a guy that can wheel the car to the front. Sometimes it is the car, sometimes it is the driver, while other times it is a little of both but most of the time it has nothing to do with parity.
Danny you are on fire today and I could not agree more. As Drago said a year ago nobody is getting beat by 2HP so much of this debate about parity is nonsense. Also when you look at the numbers from the dyno I believe you will see that there was no one car that made the most HP and torque. Mine for example made the most torque ( I believe) but also made one of the lower HP numbers. Anybody that has played with these cars know why that is but at the end of the day some wanted torque while others wanted the HPs. That resulted in race where anybody could have won.

--------------------
2010 ARRC Champion
2010 CFR Champion
2010 instigator of the year
2010/2011 Andrew Von C Wingman

mr von charbonneau

YUP!

MegaModerator

quote:
Originally posted by Danny Steyn:

We all ran our cars on the same dyno, on the same day, within a few minutes of each other. And in true sportsmen tradition, started by Steve, we all shared our dyno results. The Max variance on the dyno of all seven cars tested was approximately 4.5HP and 5TQ. Most of you will agree that is quite a spread.

Sorry but I needed to vent.

Danny
With all due respect, and you know I am on your side here, but your interpretation of this data is a little naive IMO.
Depending on where you were in that line to be tested played a significant role in the numbers. Some were hot, some heat soaked and others cooled. Others intentionally lowered the numbers that would come out of the dyno by various means. I put very little faith in those numbers as proof of how close the cars were on track. Furthermore, all who came in on Tuesday had a very good idea they were coming and most all were significantly slower that day? Some was the conditions for sure, but was it all of it? who knows. I just chose not to go out that day [Big Grin]
Jim

--------------------
Jim Drago
East Street Auto Salvage
jdrago1@aol.com

EAST STREET RACING

Danny Steyn Verified Driver

Region: SE
Car #: 39
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Danny Steyn   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Jim, appreciate you are on my side, but I dont agree with your post above.

--------------------
Danny
http://www.dannysteyn.com
http://www.adeptstudios.com
OPM Autosports | Traqmate | Rossini Racing Engines
2010 June Sprints Champ, 2010 ARRC SMX Champ
2009 SARRC Champ, 2009 SEDiv ECR Champ, 2009 FES Champ
2008 SEDiv ECR Champ

MegaModerator

Danny
The entire post? How do you explain cars that pull away when in their draft yet make the same HP or less on that dyno, same day? Yes, I know a little( admittedly not much) about negative pulls,rolling resistance and exit speed [Smile] I agree no one is losing or winning the runoffs on a few HP, but I think most of us would still rather be on the high side of the arguement, just in case [Wink]
Lots of smoke and lots of mirrors at those dyno sessions. Many seeing only what others wanted them to see etc.

[ 10-26-2010, 04:55 PM: Message edited by: Drago ]

--------------------
Jim Drago
East Street Auto Salvage
jdrago1@aol.com

EAST STREET RACING

Jamie Tucker Series Champ

ARRC 2010 Champ

Region: CFR
Car #: 97
Year : 1990/99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jamie Tucker     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

If you guys keep the thread gong a little longer we will be able to change the title to 2011 runoffs laps times. [Smile]

--------------------
2010 ARRC Champion
2010 CFR Champion
2010 instigator of the year
2010/2011 Andrew Von C Wingman

Veteran Member

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Dwayne Hoover     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Others intentionally lowered the numbers that would come out of the dyno by various means.

-

[group hug] [group hug] [group hug] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------

MegaModerator

quote:
Originally posted by Dwayne Hoover:
quote:
Others intentionally lowered the numbers that would come out of the dyno by various means.

-

[group hug] [group hug] [group hug] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

OMG that is funny considering only you and I are probably the only ones who get it [Smile]

--------------------
Jim Drago
East Street Auto Salvage
jdrago1@aol.com

EAST STREET RACING

cnj

Region: SW Division
Car #: 32
Icon 1 posted  Profile for cnj     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Drago, you and Bennett are odd.

Rich Verified Driver
Oh, that's where that is.

Region: STL
Car #: 35
Year : #795 SRF
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by cnj:

True since what, 1965? 1776?

--------------------
Rich Wiese

Spec Wrecker Ford

Veteran Member

quote:
Originally posted by cnj:

So was Jesus. So was Hitler. So is ketchup on fries. So is mayo on fries.

Depending on who you ask, of course.

--------------------

Page 7 of 7 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: