Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » SpecMiata.com » Spec Miata » Runoofs, no that is not a spelling mistake

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: Runoofs, no that is not a spelling mistake
tony senese Verified Driver
Phew, that was close!

Car #: 99
Year : 1994
Icon 1 posted  Profile for tony senese   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

No this is not a spoiler, but I gotta say, that was a pretty sad championship race except right at the front!

--------------------
Tony Senese
SM#99
2008 NASA-NE SM Champion
NASA-NE SM Director
2008 PRO-IT SM 3rd place
http://www.nosenseyet.com/coppermine

Motor City Hamilton

Region: Great Lakes/Detroit
Car #: 51
Year : 1994 Miata
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Motor City Hamilton     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

So metal to metal contact is aparently o.k. at the runoffs too? Did the section on driver conduct fall out of the GCR for this week?

guest driver

Region: 011
Car #: 47
Year : 94
Icon 1 posted  Profile for guest driver     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

opening lap is always a beatch, especially with 60 starters, then the extended FCC ate up a bunch of time ramping up the sense of urgency ...
until a competitor gives us a race report, i'm guessing the track conditions were not good, the GTL race before may have left a greassy track?? They (SM) were 4 sec per lap off the pole pace with 60 degree ambient air temps / cloudy sky.

Lance Snyder Made Donation to Website
Administrator

Region: Atlanta
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Lance Snyder     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Significant rain the night prior washed away any rubber along with a nasty wind, I'm glad I wasn't workin corners in that mess.

--------------------
All this has happened before, and will happen again

guest driver

Icon 1 posted  Profile for guest driver     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

earlier AM other races before them were all at their Q times, maybe the 30 MPH wind did affect SM's top speed ... but 3 - 4 sec per lap??
something else was going on there ...

Zauskycop Verified Driver

Region: Chicago
Car #: 45
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Zauskycop     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Headwinds one way = tailwinds another way...

--------------------
Tracy Ramsey
Team Blenderblaster

Jason Saini Verified Driver Series Champ

Region: Chicago
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jason Saini   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Spoken like a true Air Traffic Controller! [Smile]

--------------------
-Jason Saini :: Fort Worth, TX
-Team MER :: 2007 MX-5 Cup Champion
-2008 SPEED TC Rookie of the Year!
-Based at Motorsport Ranch
-Autobarn Mazda . SafeRACER

Todd Lamb Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
Playboy Mazda MX-5 Cup Champion 2009

Region: SE Div, Atlanta
Car #: EddieFur
Year : Party like it's ____
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Todd Lamb   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Won't argue against the notion that some games were at play in qual, but seeing as how the front pack was battling side by side, blocking, and otherwise running each other to (or past) the edge of the track I don't see when they had time to run a clean lap and get anywhere near qual times.

--------------------
Mazdaspeed // SafeRacer // Traqmate // OPM Autosports // East Street Auto // Cobalt Friction
Racers Edge Motorsports Rolex GT RX-8 // i-MOTO Racing Conti Challenge MAZDASPEED3
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/toddspeed

Keith in WA Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Pack Fodder

Region: NWR / Oregon
Car #: 88
Year : 95
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Keith in WA     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

but it also means crosswinds the other two ways

--------------------
Keith Novak
(Will work for tires)

Motor City Hamilton

Region: Great Lakes/Detroit
Car #: 51
Year : 1994 Miata
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Motor City Hamilton     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Todd Lamb:
Won't argue against the notion that some games were at play in qual, but seeing as how the front pack was battling side by side, blocking, and otherwise running each other to (or past) the edge of the track I don't see when they had time to run a clean lap and get anywhere near qual times.

+ 1 and no team drafting help to get a clean fast lap.

JimEli Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: NWR
Car #: 5
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for JimEli   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Zauskycop:
Headwinds one way = tailwinds another way...

Round trip time with a wind will always be slower than the time absent a wind.

--------------------
UPR.com
Team LemonLappers

suck fumes Verified Driver
Veteran Member

Region: Lonestar
Car #: 75
Year : 3rd in the nation
Icon 1 posted  Profile for suck fumes     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

All cars up front magically got slower during the race mainly on the straightaways. What else is new. Race comes, cars get slower top speed mmmm wonder why.

--------------------
THAT JUST HAPPENED!!! -RickyBobby-

fishguyaz

Region: AZ/SoPac
Car #: 92
Year : 99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for fishguyaz     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by guest driver:
earlier AM other races before them were all at their Q times, maybe the 30 MPH wind did affect SM's top speed ... but 3 - 4 sec per lap??
something else was going on there ...

what happened to the brent musberger thing you had going on?
it was internet forum posting gold!

starting a chant....
we want brent, we want brent

--------------------
Josh Pitt
AZ Region

guest driver

if i may quote the black sheep dude ;
"lots of games going on with most oblivious of them even happening".
My work is done here, i'm done, looks like the "Brent Musburger" routine may have been read by some, color charts reviewed, clothes were changed, a fair battle was fought at the front...
the fat lady has sung and we have a winner!
The new, Heavy Weight Spec Miata Champion of all the Land, Mr AAAAAAndrew Von C.
Good night all.

Capt. John

Region: FL.
Car #: # 27 ITA
Year : 1986
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Capt. John     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

The duration of time exposed to a head wind will be longer than the duration of time getting an advantage from a tail wind. What's the max cross wind component of a Spec Miata? 29 Kts. for a B-727. Not that it matters; but we can all agree that "it's an ill wind that blows no good" Congrats to all for the clean, heads up racing that took place at the pointy end of the pack.
Andrew you da man. See ya back in sunny S Fl.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: