Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » SpecMiata.com » Spec Miata » Crashing at the Runoffs. (Page 2)

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic
Page 2 of 5 1  2  3  4  5  next » 

Author Topic: Crashing at the Runoffs.
Danny Steyn Verified Driver

Region: SE
Car #: 39
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Danny Steyn   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

OK boys here goes

[thumbsup] Be gentle boys, yeah I know I have my fancy flame suit on and I got my thick skin, but I tell ya, after the drubbing that Mike just took posting his video, I'm kinda nervous of just how much of a new one you are going to rip me with this video!!!!! [banghead] [Smash] [banghead]

This is the race restart leading into the mess at T13 that took me out. Matt - this should answer your questions as to what went down. [nope]

Enjoy

2010 SCCA Runoffs Road America - Danny Steyn in car camera

Large file (27MB) - might be better to "right click and save as"

--------------------
Danny
http://www.dannysteyn.com
http://www.adeptstudios.com
OPM Autosports | Traqmate | Rossini Racing Engines
2010 June Sprints Champ, 2010 ARRC SMX Champ
2009 SARRC Champ, 2009 SEDiv ECR Champ, 2009 FES Champ
2008 SEDiv ECR Champ

fishguyaz

Region: AZ/SoPac
Car #: 92
Year : 99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for fishguyaz     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Gibscreen:
Mike,

Your actions didn't necessarily cause crashes, but that doesn't meant they won't. It's all a numbers game. Someone may get away with a risky move 9 times out of 10, but that doesn't mean it's advisable.

A few things that you could have done differently to reduce your risk of crashing:

0:30 Checking up. If you ever find yourself playing Pole Position with the guys in front of you (that's an Atari reference for the tweens in our audience) then you haven't check up enough.

0:46 Checking up when the silver car moves over on you. Yes, you had the momentum, but what if he hadn't seen you and stopped his move? Side by side contact with you in the grass (and the wall).

1:35 Keeping your car off track until it's safe to re-enter and/or re-entering after the track out point.

2:00 Don't even hint at fading to the right. You had plenty of space on your left. Use it.

These moves are only suggestions to keep you safe. They won't win you races, but they'll keep you coming back to race again and again.

I want to race with this guy in any region.
he gets it.
great advice, and hopefully he will listen.
i want to add if you have a 25th place car that weekend, then thats where your race is, but make sure that you are in the hunt on the last lap of the race, even if it means giving up a space or two here and there.
be smarter and less agressive.
I also run an open wheel car, and i have learned that in all classes there are just some guys who you steer clear of, and dont race close. they usually dont finish the race either, so dont worry much about it if they pass you.
Josh

--------------------
Josh Pitt
AZ Region

Danny Steyn Verified Driver

Region: SE
Car #: 39
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Danny Steyn   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Matt - BFC has the video you want

--------------------
Danny
http://www.dannysteyn.com
http://www.adeptstudios.com
OPM Autosports | Traqmate | Rossini Racing Engines
2010 June Sprints Champ, 2010 ARRC SMX Champ
2009 SARRC Champ, 2009 SEDiv ECR Champ, 2009 FES Champ
2008 SEDiv ECR Champ

racinglawyer Verified Driver
Old Member

Region: NEPA
Car #: 0
Year : 1997
Icon 1 posted  Profile for racinglawyer   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Mike, they sure were pounding you about all that they felt wrong with your driving...Let somebody say something about.34 to .38 seconds in the video. I thought it was grest driving

Like they say "someone likes every golf shot and someone likes every football play"...all depends on your perspective.

Save the video and I hope you can show it to and enjoy it with you GRAND KIDS.

--------------------
BE SAFE GO FAST HAVE FUN
Love "the commander" Mike Cefalo

Gatoratty Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: Central Florida
Car #: 3
Year : 1992
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Gatoratty     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Danny

Thanks for posting the video. Based upon the way the cars looked to be moving the right side looked to be the way through the carnage. Rough race!

--------------------
Paul McLester

B(Kuch) Kucera 45 Verified Driver
Veteran Member

Region: NeOh
Car #: 45
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for B(Kuch) Kucera 45   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Danny Steyn:
OK boys here goes

[thumbsup] Be gentle boys, yeah I know I have my fancy flame suit on and I got my thick skin, but I tell ya, after the drubbing that Mike just took posting his video, I'm kinda nervous of just how much of a new one you are going to rip me with this video!!!!! [banghead] [Smash] [banghead]

This is the race restart leading into the mess at T13 that took me out. Matt - this should answer your questions as to what went down. [nope]

Enjoy

2010 SCCA Runoffs Road America - Danny Steyn in car camera

Large file (27MB) - might be better to "right click and save as"

Danny
What the hell were you thinking,man that was totally your fault!

Just kidding nothing you could have done,boy that sucks.

--------------------
Bob
!KUCH!

"All my drinking buddies have a racing problem"

Cajun Miata Man Verified Driver
Overdog Driver

Region: Houston; SWDIV
Car #: 15
Year : 99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Cajun Miata Man     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by mat pombo:
Anybody have video of my brother, Mark Pombo getting turned coming into turn 5 before the brake zone at 120 mph while in 5th place? I heard he had 2 nice 360's to the inside that he saved off the wall, plus he managed to not take out the field (or the person that turned him).

His video quit working on lap 1....

I have it on camera if I can edit down the file and figure out how to get it to you. My angle is not as good as Blake's though. I have seen his video and it has a better view if you can get it.

--------------------
James York

sponsored by:
Stan's Auto Center, Lafayette LA
powered by:
East Street Racing, Memphis TN
set up guru:
Gilfus Racing, Austin TX

Blake Clements Verified Driver Series Champ
MegaModerator

Region: SW - Houston
Car #: 6
Year : 99, 96
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Blake Clements   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by mat pombo:
Anybody have video of my brother, Mark Pombo getting turned coming into turn 5 before the brake zone at 120 mph while in 5th place? I heard he had 2 nice 360's to the inside that he saved off the wall, plus he managed to not take out the field (or the person that turned him).

His video quit working on lap 1....

I have the video, but don't know how to edit or post it. I also have the Pombo/Labounty/Valafar contact at the exit of canada corner.

My race absolutely was garbage, but my video was pretty damn good considering all the crap I saw out there.

Blake

--------------------
Blake Clements

PhillipsRacePrep/SP Induction Systems/East Street Racing/MiataCage.com/Carbotech/WBR Graphics

www.blakeclements.com

Waterboy Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: WDC
Year : 1995
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Waterboy     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Gatoratty:
Just woke up from my nap....anything exciting going on?

That's funny. [Smile] Are you feeling better?

--------------------
Tim Jacobs
Montgomery Irrigation

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Gatoratty     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Feeling good as my friend would say! By the way Ted Cahall was docked 2 positions for passing under yellow and Drago was docked one position for jumping the start. I know Ted's was the result of a protest filed

--------------------
Paul McLester

Drago Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
MegaModerator

Region: mid south
Car #: 2
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Drago   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Gatoratty:
Feeling good as my friend would say! By the way Ted Cahall was docked 2 positions for passing under yellow and Drago was docked one position for jumping the start. I know Ted's was the result of a protest filed

The jumping the start penalty was adding insult to injury! It was a joke IMO.. I jumped it so well I lost one position into T1. The start was jumped by Steve, followed by the entire field. Steve nailed the gas and passed the pace car before it was even all the way into pit road. I will post my start. I was flat out:D, as all were, I never popped out of line until the green waved. But none of us were at pace car speed AT ALL. How they picked me, not sure? I guess when in doubt pick the CRB guy and make an example [Big Grin] Had I won, it would have been an issue for sure.

Jim

--------------------
Jim Drago
East Street Auto Salvage
jdrago1@aol.com
2006-2007 Mid-West Division
07,09 June Sprints Champion

EAST STREET RACING

WANNABE

Region: Central Florida Region
Car #: whatever I can talk someone into letting me drive
Icon 1 posted  Profile for WANNABE     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

How about the option of AUTOCROSS?
It's just you against the "CONES"
No more worries.
[rolling on floor laughin]

Steve D. Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Once you get past the gag reflex, the jelly ain't bad!

Region: Atlanta
Car #: 30
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Steve D.     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Drago:
I was flat out, as all were...

Fixed it for you.

PS - Danny - I might have lifted as soon as the two cars touched side-by-side, but that's 'cuz I am a complete pu$$y. [Big Grin] Great driving to recover after you got hip checked in the brake zone!! Tough end to a brilliant season for you. I've got a good feeling about 2011 for you. [thumbsup]

wheel Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: kc
Car #: 20
Year : 92
Icon 1 posted  Profile for wheel     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Steve,
About your PS. Freeze the frame where the cars touch, side-by-side. You are looking at it from more than a foot to the right of Danny's eyes. I am sure it was invisible to him. Now, if he had been sitting on the tranny hump, he probably would have lifted. Than again, maybe not.
wheel

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Steve D.     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Good point, Wheel. I dare you to Google "tranny hump" though.

wheel Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: kc
Car #: 20
Icon 1 posted  Profile for wheel     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

You had better ask Danny about the tranny hump.

It's just an accent. He's not gay.

Just ask Kim - his "wife".

Nigel Stu Verified Driver

Region: Detroit
Car #: 66
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Nigel Stu   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Filthy Phil:
does anybody have video of the mess exiting the kink in lap one?

Yes, through the rear view mirror so its not great. Happened 2-3 cars behind me. I'll try to cut it down and post up tonight. My guess is that the car on the outside lifted quickly, started a drift and then the guy behind him did the same thing.

--------------------
Ben Schaut
Schaut Speed Motorsports
GLDiv / WHRRI
#66 Blue/White/Black

volante Verified Driver

Region: Mid-Div
Car #: 43
Icon 1 posted  Profile for volante     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

It still amazes me the thinking of some guys in SM and how they think.Mike nice driving sorry about your race,I would also race next to you any time.

--------------------
volante

Colin MacLean Verified Driver
Fly Fifer

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Colin MacLean     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Great video Mike. The hit you took was RIDICULOUS. Blatant pit maneuver. What are guys out there thinking? I mean seriously.

--------------------
Colin MacLean
Flyin' MacLean Motorsports

Mike Anzaldi

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mike Anzaldi     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Thank you. This thread started out in a surprising direction. Didn't expect the criticism, but will certainly make use of those thoughts. The real point here was to express frustration with the amount of crashing that has taken place at the Nat'l events in my region. I'm not trying to nitpick bump drafting and touching doors through tight, slow corners. I'm talking about the impossible move down the inside that results in gathering cars in the gravel. I'm talking about nudging a competitors rear quarter in a straight. I'm talking about slamming the door on each other when there's no point other than to block. I'm not even saying that you shouldn't hit walls and drive into gravel. If that's what gets you randy, have at it. Just leave the rest of us out of it. I'm not opposed to car racing and the inherent dangers associated with it. I'm opposed to being gathered up by knuckleheads who have more time and money than ability.

--------------------
Mike

Nick A.

Car #: 98
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Nick A.     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Steve D.:
Good point, Wheel. I dare you to Google "tranny hump" though.

Awesome. Now that's some funny sh!t.

Muda Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
ComingToAMirrorNearYou

Car #: #23
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Muda     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Mike - While your driving was aggressive I don't think it was over the top. After all, it is the Runoffs. But the two blocking "attempts" on the straight when you had a 10mph run on them, the punt and the crap I saw go down in Danny's vid is disgusting. Rather than get passed fairly let's take the guy out. I thought the Runoffs were a collection of the best drivers we have. Apparently, not this year.

--------------------
Muda Motorsports
"We're all here 'cause we're not all there."

d mathias Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: OVR
Car #: 88
Icon 1 posted  Profile for d mathias     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I hear ya Mike, but in the SCCA you have to be the bad guy and protest - most times it won't make any difference - but once in a while action is taken against the knuckleheads.

FWIW, I appreciate when a fellow competitor protest a bone-head move - It benefits all of us. I don't consider them "crybabies".

MegaModerator

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Blake Clements   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I wanted to post a longer video with more action, but this is my first try.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SnPOIL4mGA

--------------------
Blake Clements

PhillipsRacePrep/SP Induction Systems/East Street Racing/MiataCage.com/Carbotech/WBR Graphics

www.blakeclements.com

Weekend Warrior Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Racing to Cure ALS (Lou Gehrig's Disease)

Region: WDCR
Car #: 56 "Earl"
Year : 1990, 1999 soon to be SM
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Weekend Warrior   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Blake Clements:

[Eek!]

--------------------
http://www.olsinvestfinancial.com
http://www.alsinfo.org
http://www.weekendwarriorracing.com

Pat Newton Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Enduro addict

Region: Northwest, Oregon
Car #: 79
Year : 90
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Pat Newton   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Apologies to all the Christians out there, and to the Big Guy himself, but... Jesus H. Christ in a chickenbasket. That is some shameful driving.

--------------------
Crew Chief, 3D Racing #64, aka Team Scrappy 2.0
3rd place E2, 2009 25 Hours of Thunderhill

Crew Chief, EGR/Miller Motorsports #64, aka Team Scrappy
E2 Champions, 2008 25 Hours of Thunderhill

taylorf Verified Driver

Region: Houston
Car #: 51
Year : 1994
Icon 1 posted  Profile for taylorf     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:

Seriously? That has to be some kind of sick joke.

--------------------
Taylor Ferranti

d mathias Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: OVR
Icon 1 posted  Profile for d mathias     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Silver car brought that on himself. That was a blatent block. Not sayin what the red car did was right - but I understand.

pat slattery Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Veteran Member

Region: cincy
Icon 1 posted  Profile for pat slattery     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Wow, no penalties or no paper flying on that lap!!

--------------------
keeping the faith for the 1.6

Arrow Karts

MegaModerator

quote:
Originally posted by pat slattery:

Nope, just a lot of lost positions for innocent bystanders....

--------------------
Blake Clements

www.blakeclements.com

Veteran Member

Icon 1 posted  Profile for pat slattery     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Don't recognize all the cars, who were the ones involved?

Pat

--------------------

Arrow Karts

Weekend Warrior Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Racing to Cure ALS (Lou Gehrig's Disease)

Region: WDCR
Car #: 56 "Earl"
Year : 1990, 1999 soon to be SM
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Weekend Warrior   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
quote:

I assume you normally don't drive the straight sections "two tires off" do you?

--------------------
http://www.olsinvestfinancial.com
http://www.alsinfo.org
http://www.weekendwarriorracing.com

MegaModerator

quote:
Originally posted by Weekend Warrior:
quote:
quote:

Only when the car on the left is moving over towards me [Smile]

--------------------
Blake Clements

www.blakeclements.com

Neil O Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: DC
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Neil O   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

pretty sure this is correct

Valafar = Green Car w/ silver roof
Pombo = Silver Car
LaBounty = Red Car

--------------------
SM #06
http://www.columbiatile.com

taylorf Verified Driver

Region: Houston
Car #: 51
Year : 1994
Icon 1 posted  Profile for taylorf     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Weekend Warrior:
quote:
quote:

Only when the car on the left is moving over towards me [Smile]
"If he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall...simple as that."
- Russ Wheeler, Driver #18 Hardees Chevrolet

Looks like a few guys watched Days of Thunder the night before this race.

--------------------
Taylor Ferranti

Waterboy Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Waterboy     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I'm sorry but that guy is an ass, you are doing 115 +/- at that point. Same guy took me out in qualifying. Doesn't show real clear in Blake's video but he went 4 off in the grass after Canada corner and at least took part in that wreck that took 2 cars out of the race. If I am remembering correctly he received quite a penaly in NASA a couple of years ago-possibly even banned.

I've heard he is a nice guy, sure can't tell that from his track record.

--------------------
Tim Jacobs
Montgomery Irrigation

Eric Barbaric Verified Driver

Region: Kansas City
Car #: 95
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Eric Barbaric   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Proof positive that even some of the guys on the pointy end of the field try to win it on the first lap.

That looked pretty rough. The adrenaline got the better of a lot of people. And great drivers like Danny Steyn [Edited away the Stain on Steyn's name by spelling it as Stein} get their cars smashed in the first lap. What a shame.

[Edit #2: I take back my first lap comment. The above video was a compilation of several laps I guess.)

Jamie Tucker Series Champ

ARRC 2010 Champ

Region: CFR
Car #: 97
Year : 1990/99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jamie Tucker     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

You block like that and bad things can happen. Having said that I have raced with both of them and I will have to say I think it is nothing more than bad timing as both of them are some of the cleanest driver out there.

--------------------
2010 ARRC Champion
2010 CFR Champion
2010 instigator of the year
2010/2011 Andrew Von C Wingman

Keith in WA Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Pack Fodder

Region: NWR / Oregon
Year : 95
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Keith in WA     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Maybe the powers that be not only change the car rules to sell suspension parts, they change the Runnoffs qualification rules to sell body panels. [duck]

--------------------
Keith Novak
(Will work for tires)

mark pombo Verified Driver
2005 ARRC Winner

Region: southeast
Car #: 10
Year : 90
Icon 1 posted  Profile for mark pombo     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

In Danny's video I am in the silver car next to Valafar when the red car goes two wheels in the grass to make it three wide in 15 and slides into me. Should be obvious 3 wide won't work there. That is when Valafar goes around. You can't see it because a car is blocking the view but Sammy is against my driver's door when my car, the silver car goes airborne causing him to spin.

Sorry to all behind who go caught up in it. [Frown]

As for the spin coming into 5 (Blake's video) I moved left for sure around turn 4, but there was still pavement to my left. We were not even to turn 5 or the braking zone yet. If he had not slammed into me in turn 15 four turns before I might have left it wide open, but either way it is over and he turned me. I know there was room for clean overtaking and so does he.

Some people change when a helmet is strapped on......... There have been numerous incidents.

I would never turn someone there on purpose [flamed] ...

--------------------
Mark Pombo
Pombo Racing/PFM Engineering

Drago Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
MegaModerator

Region: mid south
Car #: 2
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Drago   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Eric Barbaric:
And great drivers like Danny Stein get their cars smashed in the first lap. What a shame.

[Mad] [Mad] [Mad] Great Eric.... Thats three additional appearances of "Danny Steyn" and "Danny Steyn.com" that will be on the new car and twice more on his suit next year!
just what we needed! [Wink] [Big Grin]

--------------------
Jim Drago
East Street Auto Salvage
jdrago1@aol.com
2006-2007 Mid-West Division
07,09 June Sprints Champion

EAST STREET RACING

springfielddyno Verified Driver
Runoffs "MOVE OF THE RACE" (headlights)

Region: Ozark Mountain Region
Car #: 37, 31
Year : 96, 93
Icon 1 posted  Profile for springfielddyno   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

after watching these videos and what I recorded, this kind of driving is going to get someone really hurt...

RA is fun, but we keep sending spinning cars off at well over 100 and it's only a matter of time till we get the big flips, or the 100 mph T-bone in middle of track when a car bounces back.

--------------------
Regards,
Sam H.
www.springfielddyno.com

Cliffy Chains

Region: Central FL
Car #: 17
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Cliffy Chains   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I wasn't there so I'm not going to pretend to know what was going on, But, I do know that FCY, twice in a championship race??

I would bet some drivers were feeling the time crunch after the clean-up(s).

I know most of the drivers in the video and on any other normal weekend, we don't had problems like that before.

--------------------
BDR Motorsports, Autotechnik
Cliff Blanchard
Down on power 1.6
Sluggish overweight 99'

ARRC 2010 Champ

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jamie Tucker     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Waterboy:
I'm sorry but that guy is an ass, you are doing 115 +/- at that point. Same guy took me out in qualifying. Doesn't show real clear in Blake's video but he went 4 off in the grass after Canada corner and at least took part in that wreck that took 2 cars out of the race. If I am remembering correctly he received quite a penaly in NASA a couple of years ago-possibly even banned.

Tim you think somebody is an ass for having an accident and collecting you in it? Maybe if you would hang it out every time you get on the track you would not be 3+ seconds off of the pace. By the way you might want get you facts straight before implying that he did something wrong at NASA. HE was hit by another driver and he got pissed and took it out on him at impound. It was what happened off the track that he got in trouble for. Also if you think 2 wheels off or holding your line when someone tries to move you off the track is bad form than you may not want to race in the SE.

--------------------
2010 ARRC Champion
2010 CFR Champion

I worked the runoffs and found myself being criticized for racing a Spec Miata with most of the people I met. The majority of comments were that we don't know how to race....just how to bang into each other and wreck the guy next to us. Maybe that is why the corner workers quit calling in contact in our races. I posted links to my photos in another topic. I shot them using the sport mode so some shots are at 6fps which show the action if you look at each one in sequence. Not pretty.....

--------------------
Paul McLester

Tim you said in an earlier post that you were protested and penalized. Care to enlighten us so we can learn from your situation?

--------------------
Paul McLester

Edens Verified Driver

Region: ARK
Car #: 26
Year : 1993
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Edens     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Data from my car (crash in the kink on lap 1, Red/Yellow/Orange car) Shows 107.3 MPH when I hit the wall in T11. I was hit from behind going into the kink which is what caused be to get turned around. After I was released from medical the driver that hit me came and appologized for what had happened.

--------------------
1993 Spec Miata
sponsored by:
MTECH- Miata TECHnology
Sherwood Tire Pros

ARRC 2010 Champ

quote:
Originally posted by Waterboy:

Please! That whole post is like me telling Michael Schumacher that he has no car control What you were implying about NASA is as equally incorrect! But I do thank you for the door handle; you saved me $8.72 on my bill as I needed the very one you gave Jeff.

--------------------
2010 ARRC Champion
2010 CFR Champion

Veteran Member

I think both cars are equally at fault on the incident near 4. One for a obvious block and one for driving thru the car in front. [Frown]

That was not only dangerous to those two, but the rest following the action [shame]

Pat

--------------------

Arrow Karts

Page 2 of 5 1  2  3  4  5  next » 

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: