Spec Miata Community
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » SpecMiata.com » Spec Miata » Labounty- where are you and why did you hit so many people? (Page 1)

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic
Page 1 of 2 1  2  next » 

Author Topic: Labounty- where are you and why did you hit so many people?
jsmitty

Icon 1 posted  Profile for jsmitty     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

New member, LONG time reader. Watching all the videos and the online race live, there was certainly contact. I noticed the red car up front had more than it's fair share. But in reading some of the posts in the threads, it seems to have been overlooked.

I think it was Labounty. Lap 1 this red car hits the left rear of the car in front of him coming out of turn 5 (I think) at the bottom of the hill.

Same red car squeezes in and causes the contact that ends the race for 2 cars after Canada Corner. His friends will call it a racing incident but I doubt they'd have the same opinion had someone else been the 3rd wheel to that corner and ended Labounty's race. I'm SURE Mr. Tucker would be saying the same things had Labounty been the victim.

Same red car then turns Pombo at over 100mph. No doubt that Pombo makes a late move to block (1 move is legal) and Labounty is already up to his quarter panel. Not a smart move by Pombo. But you back the heck off and give up 3 feet of track instead of turning someone at over 100mph. That's nuts, not nascar. That's one of the STUPIDEST moves I've ever seen in all the spec miata videos I've ever seen- and youtube is full of them!

Those were the 3 contacts I could see, there could have been more. And after all of that, he doesn't come on here to address it? I'm a nobody, back marker, who couldn't get within 4 seconds of you guys in the same car but I also don't want to get new bodywork every single race or die before I meet my grandchildren.

I imagine his friends will either completely ignore this post or bash me for not posting my cell phone & social security number, how these are my first posts, tell me how nice Labounty is, post some youtube videos to distract, or deflect like they did to Slattery. Funny how one of his friends bashed Slattery for not taking his licks on this site when Labounty has been nowhere that I've seen.

There are lots of folks that will agree with this but are afraid of being beat up by his attack dogs.

So, fire away and do everything but take responsibility for your actions or those of your friend. It's expected.

Dave Lewis

Region: detroit
Car #: 17
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Dave Lewis     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Sounds like someone I know.

Mike Anzaldi

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mike Anzaldi     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

sweet jesus, get the popcorn. this could be good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fFoEYiM7lQ&feature=related

--------------------
Mike

pat slattery Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Veteran Member

Region: cincy
Car #: 79
Year : 92
Icon 1 posted  Profile for pat slattery     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by jsmitty:
New member, LONG time reader. Watching all the videos and the online race live, there was certainly contact. I noticed the red car up front had more than it's fair share. But in reading some of the posts in the threads, it seems to have been overlooked.

I think it was Labounty. Lap 1 this red car hits the left rear of the car in front of him coming out of turn 5 (I think) at the bottom of the hill.

Same red car squeezes in and causes the contact that ends the race for 2 cars after Canada Corner. His friends will call it a racing incident but I doubt they'd have the same opinion had someone else been the 3rd wheel to that corner and ended Labounty's race. I'm SURE Mr. Tucker would be saying the same things had Labounty been the victim.

Same red car then turns Pombo at over 100mph. No doubt that Pombo makes a late move to block (1 move is legal) and Labounty is already up to his quarter panel. Not a smart move by Pombo. But you back the heck off and give up 3 feet of track instead of turning someone at over 100mph. That's nuts, not nascar. That's one of the STUPIDEST moves I've ever seen in all the spec miata videos I've ever seen- and youtube is full of them!

Those were the 3 contacts I could see, there could have been more. And after all of that, he doesn't come on here to address it? I'm a nobody, back marker, who couldn't get within 4 seconds of you guys in the same car but I also don't want to get new bodywork every single race or die before I meet my grandchildren.

I imagine his friends will either completely ignore this post or bash me for not posting my cell phone & social security number, how these are my first posts, tell me how nice Labounty is, post some youtube videos to distract, or deflect like they did to Slattery. Funny how one of his friends bashed Slattery for not taking his licks on this site when Labounty has been nowhere that I've seen.

There are lots of folks that will agree with this but are afraid of being beat up by his attack dogs.

So, fire away and do everything but take responsibility for your actions or those of your friend. It's expected.

[Smile]

Pat

--------------------
keeping the faith for the 1.6

Arrow Karts

Jamie Tucker Series Champ

ARRC 2010 Champ

Region: CFR
Car #: 97
Year : 1990/99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jamie Tucker     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

This has been beaten to death so I think you are a little late to the party. Since you asked me a question I will answer it. If the tables were reversed I would have defended Pombo or any other driver just as I did Jeff. Anybody that knows me will tell you that I tell it like I see it regardless of who the driver is. That is not to say that I am alway right! Many drivers did not see this incident the way I did; which is ok too! The discussion was a good one and many will learn from it.
You know most drivers on here do not hide behind screen names; why are you? Do we know you? Where you directly involved in this incident? Not sure why you would bring this back up now. My lashing out at Pat was not to deflect anything; although that issue is also settled and I should not have brought that up either; that was bad form on my part. Oh one more thing! Jeff like many other drivers could care less about specmiata.com and never come on here. I am sure he will talk to the Pombos in person at the ARRC (and others if need be) and they will work it out.

--------------------
2010 ARRC Champion
2010 CFR Champion
2010 instigator of the year
2010/2011 Andrew Von C Wingman

ARRC 2010 Champ

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jamie Tucker     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Mike Anzaldi:
sweet jesus, get the popcorn. this could be good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fFoEYiM7lQ&feature=related

Nice video but I think this one may fit better!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFigm3GKqgs&feature=related

--------------------
2010 ARRC Champion
2010 CFR Champion

jsmitty

Icon 1 posted  Profile for jsmitty     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Mr. Tucker, thanks for your prompt response and your taking responsibility for bashing Pat after that had already been settled. I brought it up because you used it as a deflector, to reduce his moral authority, to comment on Labounty's driving.

As for beating to death, I absolutely agree that the second video'ed contact of Labounty coming out of Canada Corner has been vigorously discussed with the common theme of Labounty being at obvious fault.

What has NOT been beaten to death, or even mentioned, is Labounty hitting someone in the rear on the very first lap. Clear as could be in the race video online. Secondly, other than the Pombo brother, hardly anyone has discussed turning a fellow driver at over 100mph instead of losing 1 yard of track.

If I'm incorrect and you have condemned such an amazingly unsafe maneuver, please link me to the post and I'll stand corrected. Since you "tell it like you see it," I'm sure you wouldn't be ok being turned at such a high & dangerous speed. Even if you'd made an il-advised late block as Pombo did.

Hiding behind a screen name? Well, at least your attacks aren't predictable. No, I wasn't involved in the Runoffs for the simple reason that I'm not good enough or in Labounty's case, I don't hit enough people it seems. Ad hominen attacks may work where you're from, but an unimpressive screenname doesn't reduce your friend's culpability in the slightest.

As for Labounty talking to the Pombo's in person, who waits 6 weeks to handle their business? He should have handled his business right after the race. And if he lacks the emotional fortitude for that, a phone call is an easy thing to do.

Beyond the turning, I guess you're fine with Labounty loosening up that car in the corner of the very first lap as well?

As for the other folks on this site who agree and are too afraid to post such, then it's good you're in a miata. Then when you get turned at 100mph, maybe you'll be ok cause it wasn't 150mph. People like whoever posted the video of the Canada Corner contact and then "was looking for a 10 foot pole" so as not to upset anyone. Had it been his kid or himself in that car, I'm sure they would have forgone the pole.

You have an alleged frontrunner caught on video taking out 3 cars, hitting another, and most here spend more time posting about the size of their restrictor. Kudos to those who appreciate the lives of others more than their qualifying positon.

Blake Clements Verified Driver Series Champ
MegaModerator

Region: SW - Houston
Car #: 6
Year : 99, 96
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Blake Clements   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Quote - "People like whoever posted the video of the Canada Corner contact and then "was looking for a 10 foot pole" so as not to upset anyone. Had it been his kid or himself in that car, I'm sure they would have forgone the pole."

If you are talking about me, no pole needed, I said what I needed to say. Everyone makes mistakes and errors in judgement, probably best to move on and let the involved parties handle it themselves.

--------------------
Blake Clements

PhillipsRacePrep/SP Induction Systems/East Street Racing/MiataCage.com/Carbotech/WBR Graphics

www.blakeclements.com

ARRC 2010 Champ

There was no attack on you in my post; just a question. What is the harm in posting ones name? It only helps to determine the posters experience level; so I don't see how that is an attack. Did not see the loosening up of anybody on the first lap. I may have missed it but I don't remember anybody talking about it either. Although I wish the whole incident would never have happened I am ok with what Jeff did! You may not like it but too bad. If drivers don't like that result then don't block as to impede an overtaking car. I don't want to put words in anybodies mouth but I doubt looking back if Pombo would do that block again (and not just because he wrecked). Most of these guys were friends before the race and I would imagine that they will be again. Since I don't know who you are I do not know if you have raced with all of the people in these videos but I have and can tell you that regardless of what side your on this is an isolated incident as all of them usually race each other very clean.

--------------------
2010 ARRC Champion
2010 CFR Champion

Juan Pineda Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Veteran Member

Region: San Francisco
Car #: 34
Year : 1992
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Juan Pineda   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Jsmitty, Good for you, posting your views. Reflection and discussion is healthy. Our racing is a lot better off now than it was before video was so widely distributed. I hope some day all cars will be required to have video that is published to the community.

My call: Labounty at fault for taking out Sammy, Pombo at fault for creating a dangerous situation and taking himself out. I would not object to Labounty being penalized for the Pombo incident. While Pombo created it, Labounty could have mitigated the consequences. While we want to be fair about the racing, we don't want to be killing drivers in the process. Let's not forget there are real dangers here.

Please post your real name here.

-Juan

--------------------
www.ArtOfRoadRacing.com Race Craft Clinic - Thunderhill - 30 Jan 2011

Drago Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
MegaModerator

Region: mid south
Car #: 2
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Drago   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
People like whoever posted the video of the Canada Corner contact and then "was looking for a 10 foot pole" so as not to upset anyone. Had it been his kid or himself in that car, I'm sure they would have forgone the pole.

HMM.. Well that was me with ten foot pole post.. Not that my personal comments with friends are any of your concern. But.
My "opinion" is Jeff did nothing wrong coming out of Canada corner and partially why I posted my video. No intent, racing incident to me.
The deal going into 5 was wrong, I have told Jeff that personally. Not sure what makes an anynomous poster the moral judge of the class and even more ironic that you call out my post yet hide like a twelve year old in anonimity.
Jim

--------------------
Jim Drago
East Street Auto Salvage
jdrago1@aol.com
2006-2007 Mid-West Division
07,09 June Sprints Champion

EAST STREET RACING

Matthew Van Vurst

Region: florida region
Car #: 08
SMIM: sm
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Matthew Van Vurst   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Who the F888 is jsmityy? What ever! [twocents]

--------------------
Do you smell something delicious cooking in the oven? SHAKE AND BAKE!

Cliffy Chains

Region: Central FL
Car #: 17
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Cliffy Chains   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I'm not passing judgement to any one, I am still learning myself, every race I try to take away something learned.

I know most of the names in this post though, most of who are normally really good friends, but everyone of them at one time or another has taken a friend out of a race, cost a friend the win, caused car damage to either their own car or a friends car in a track incident.

Jsmitty, I do not know how long you've been behind the wheel. (honestly I really don't care either), but this I will Gurantee you, you will be on the giving or receiving end of a track incident at some point in time, hopefully the incident will be a friend if you have any and not someone you pissed off by beating a dead dog in public.

--------------------
BDR Motorsports, Autotechnik
Cliff Blanchard
Down on power 1.6
Sluggish overweight 99'

Matthew Van Vurst

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Matthew Van Vurst   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

YA WHAT CLIFFY SAID! THE DEAD DOG STUFF AND SUCH! GUY'S GUY'S ANYONE [help]

--------------------

ARRC 2010 Champ

quote:
Originally posted by Cliffy Chains:
I'm not passing judgement to any one, I am still learning myself, every race I try to take away something learned.

I know most of the names in this post though, most of who are normally really good friends, but everyone of them at one time or another has taken a friend out of a race, cost a friend the win, caused car damage to either their own car or a friends car in a track incident.

Jsmitty, I do not know how long you've been behind the wheel. (honestly I really don't care either), but this I will Gurantee you, you will be on the giving or receiving end of a track incident at some point in time, hopefully the incident will be a friend if you have any and not someone you pissed off by beating a dead dog in public.

This goes with your friends taking out friends. Cliffy I know you remember this one!!! I believe you were right with Alex (driving Chips 99), Jeff (in the 1.6), and myself. Typical SE racing right up to the point I take out Jeff. For those that don't know he got his position back and eventually won the race. Not one of my better moments!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JqxyJEUAQA

Of course this is one of the all time best! One of my Brand new cars (the blue one) gets jacked up at Sebring. What you don't see happen in this video is that another driver tried the same move I made with the same results to get my car spinning. No real damage until the other car hit him. At least they gave me the in car video [Wink]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9TJeqatuU8

--------------------
2010 ARRC Champion
2010 CFR Champion

mr von charbonneau

Region: 83
Car #: any
Year : any
Icon 1 posted  Profile for mr von charbonneau   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Thank you jammie,blake ,drago,cliffy,Shake-n-bake,and myself von c and no thanks to jaun peablo no esplano get a grip this is not the veiw

you cant be whoopie and the minority with pat the

slaker beating on poor jeff aka the hot white chick on the veiw . why not give it up dead horse. talk about my great pass to win the runoffs any of the top 60 had a chance

they were there you were not ps

do not judge or be political thats is for the cornor workers who work for free you retards

none of you have a choce on this forum only on the track tech shed and in the soms or driver review. BEEN THERE AND HAVE DONE IT. [banghead]

mr von charbonneau

Icon 1 posted  Profile for mr von charbonneau   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

AND FOR JASMITTY YOU ARE GAY, SHOW YOUR FACE

AND FEEL THE RATH OF THE VON CHARBONNEU.

BEFORE I FIND YOU ON THE TRACK HIDE IN YOU LITTLE WORLD AND WE CANT HELP THAT YOU WERE

TOUCHED IN A MANNER IN SCHOOL THAT YOU DIDNT LIKE. I WILL HELP YOU CALL ANy TIME

mr von charbonneau

hey jaun pinata

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiSAFj6q2fo

mr von charbonneau

And now on serious note .

take time to know your fellow drivers before you
judge . it might suprise you we are the same

one goal and love and we all want the same cornor.

I approve this message andrew von c for Prez

[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [thumbsup] [thumbsup] [thumbsup] [thumbsup]

ARRC 2010 Champ

I'm speechless!

--------------------
2010 ARRC Champion
2010 CFR Champion

Juan Pineda Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Veteran Member

Region: San Francisco
Car #: 34
Year : 1992
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Juan Pineda   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

There is a difference between judging driving and an incident and judging a person. None of us are infallible. To make a bad move on track does not necessarily mean you are a bad person.

I think most here are judging the driving and incidents, not the persons. This is healthy and can only help make our class better.

-Juan

Von C: do you speak the same crazy way you write, including random YouTube videos projected out the eyeballs? I gotta meet you some day.

--------------------
www.ArtOfRoadRacing.com Race Craft Clinic - Thunderhill - 30 Jan 2011

Dusty Bottoms Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
99 all the way!

Region: Lone Star
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Dusty Bottoms     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

at what age do nut shots stop being funny? [rolling on floor laughin]

--------------------
"Your victory is tainted! Asterisk! Asterisk!!!"--Lisa Simpson

Mike Colangelo Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: NWR
Car #: 37
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mike Colangelo     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Juan Pineda:

Von C: do you speak the same crazy way you write, including random YouTube videos projected out the eyeballs? I gotta meet you some day.

Imagine Von C with a six pack of beer in him. Off the hook!!! [Big Grin]

CHIP VAN 01
WHO NEEDS EXIT SPEED WHEN YOU HAVE HORSEPOWER !!!!!

Region: FL REG
Car #: 01 02 03
Year : 90 93 99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for CHIP VAN 01     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:

--------------------
www.AutoTechnikRacing.com

2010 SM NATIONAL POINTS CHAMPION
( I kicked Von C's A$$ )
2008 , 2009 and 2010 SE Division National SM Champion

CHIP VAN 01

Icon 1 posted  Profile for CHIP VAN 01     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:

ARE YOU REALLY THIS MUCH OF A DUMBASS ???
[rolling on floor laughin] [rolling on floor laughin] [rolling on floor laughin] [rolling on floor laughin]
Next time you're at the track please find me. I'm the little blonde guy with a limp and no personality. I would love to teach a newbie like you how its done.

--------------------

( I kicked Von C's A$$ )

ARRC 2010 Champ

I think he is!

--------------------
2010 ARRC Champion
2010 CFR Champion

Eric Barbaric Verified Driver

Region: Kansas City
Car #: 95
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Eric Barbaric   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I don't think it is the alcohol, although I'm sure that doesn't hurt. Von C is a larger than life personality that my dad and I witnessed last February on Jekyll Island at the SE SCCA awards banquet.

It was a mostly geezers affair, with the regional SCCA handing out hundreds of trophies. Meanwhile Von C's table was obviously THE place to be. They were having so much fun. I was completely envious.

He is off the hook, full-time. I don't know what kind of mo-jo his mother gave him. Maybe he's one of those crack babies? I admire his energy and enthusiasm. I hate his spelling, typing and inability to craft a coherent sentence!

Mike LL

Region: Florida
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mike LL     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Little blonde guy?

See run off trap speeds post

--------------------
Mike Lliteras
Sponsor, Mechanic, Owner and Dad
NASA FL

Mike LL

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mike LL     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Dusty Bottoms:
at what age do nut shots stop being funny? [rolling on floor laughin]

I'm 44 still funny, so long as it's someone else's nuts [thumbsup]

--------------------
Mike Lliteras
NASA FL

Drago Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
MegaModerator

Region: mid south
Car #: 2
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Drago   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

stealing a page out of he Von C playbook

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IU1bzZheWk

--------------------
Jim Drago
East Street Auto Salvage
jdrago1@aol.com
2006-2007 Mid-West Division
07,09 June Sprints Champion

EAST STREET RACING

Mike LL

quote:
Originally posted by Drago:
stealing a page out of he Von C playbook

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IU1bzZheWk

+1
Perfect

--------------------
Mike Lliteras
NASA FL

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Eric Barbaric   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Weird bit of trivia.Benny Hill was the toy maker in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. See this thread is NOT totally worthless!

I admit to being a bit snockered.

Pat Newton Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Enduro addict

Region: Northwest, Oregon
Car #: 79
Year : 90
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Pat Newton   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Is there anything that isn't instantly hilarious when the Benny Hill theme is applied? I don't think so. [yep]

--------------------
Crew Chief, 3D Racing #64, aka Team Scrappy 2.0
3rd place E2, 2009 25 Hours of Thunderhill

Crew Chief, EGR/Miller Motorsports #64, aka Team Scrappy
E2 Champions, 2008 25 Hours of Thunderhill

George Munson Verified Driver

Car #: 127
Year : 90
Icon 1 posted  Profile for George Munson     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Chip, "the little blond guy with the limp and no personality." I'm still rolling on the ground.

[rolling on floor laughin] [rolling on floor laughin]

Johnny D Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Hot Member

Region: SFR
Car #: 88 SM
Year : 99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Johnny D     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by George Munson:
Chip, "the little blond guy with the limp and no personality." I'm still rolling on the ground.

[rolling on floor laughin] [rolling on floor laughin]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=418lIshl49U

J~

--------------------
Avatar Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ww9cFE3lKcA

jsmitty

1) Lap 1 of the race Labounty loosens up a black car with a different colored top by hitting him in the left rear quarter panel. Doesn't turn him around, but definitely makes metal to metal contact.
See about the 17:34 mark here:
http://www.speedcasttv.com/road/#/races/202

2) Canada Corner Contact- watching Mr. Drago's video. Labounty is clearly run out of run (19 second mark) and put off the track as a result of Valafar squeezing over on Pombo which puts Pombo on Labounty. My inquiry/allegation is look at what Labounty then does at 22 seconds into the video. Though having been on the receiving end of a squeeze play not of his design or intent, he turns HARD left right into them. Again, Labounty turns hard left into those cars as opposed to, "how to I get through this next corner with less contact." He schools them with the entire left side of his car. No one is that good with contact by accident. Looks as if he's had quite a good bit of experience doing it as well. See Drago's video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3xTjf-84Vo

3) Very next lap, Labounty plays the spin game at over 100mph with Pombo. Labounty misses the apex of T1 by a car width which allows Pombo to pass. Labounty then TAKES HIM OUT with a hit to his left bumper. NOT the left side of Pombo's car, not the left door of Pombo's car, and not the left quarter panel of Pombo's car- but the bumper at over 100mph. I'm glad to see how many people are equally annoyed at such driving and glad more are becoming so.
Taking out Pombo at 2:08 here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SnPOIL4mGA

With his apparent lack of culpability and the threatening comments of his cat pack on here, I've had prepared a compilation of all the videos and am sending it to the SCCA with a complaint in the AM. Additionally, I'm forwarding it to NASA and other groups that should be warned of such driving.

Mistakes happen all the time, it's how you and your people handle it that make all the difference.

Now back to Looney Tunes:
Von C (amazing pass for the win)- threaten me again with ontrack action, post a mocking youtube video, and make additional useless comments concerning molestation.

Tucker- tell me again how you "call it like you see it" but defend turning a competitor at over 100mph and slam everyone who could possibly disagree with you. You and your cat pack would be up in arms had you or Labounty been turned like that.

Van Vurst- you and your brother post a few more cuss words that make you look like you're 12 years old and maybe call me "gay" again.

You guys are like a pack of mean high school girls on the internet, have at it.

(Edited to provide video links)

Johnny D Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Hot Member

Region: SFR
Car #: 88 SM
Year : 99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Johnny D     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Bitch about it if you want.

I'm in it to have fun and race.
There are 1000's of times it's just like this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvzeS212Ff0

J~

--------------------
Avatar Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ww9cFE3lKcA

jsmitty

quote:
Originally posted by Johnny D:

J~

I'd feel safe having you lap me anytime with that solid driving. I hope Labounty watches your video too.

ARRC 2010 Champ

quote:
1) Lap 1 of the race Labounty loosens up a black car with a different colored top by hitting him in the left rear quarter panel. Doesn't turn him around, but definitely makes metal to metal contact.
See about the 17:34 mark here:
http://www.speedcasttv.com/road/#/races/202

2) Canada Corner Contact- watching Mr. Drago's video. Labounty is clearly run out of run (19 second mark) and put off the track as a result of Valafar squeezing over on Pombo which puts Pombo on Labounty. My inquiry/allegation is look at what Labounty then does at 22 seconds into the video. Though having been on the receiving end of a squeeze play not of his design or intent, he turns HARD left right into them. Again, Labounty turns hard left into those cars as opposed to, "how to I get through this next corner with less contact." He schools them with the entire left side of his car. No one is that good with contact by accident. Looks as if he's had quite a good bit of experience doing it as well. See Drago's video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3xTjf-84Vo

3) Very next lap, Labounty plays the spin game at over 100mph with Pombo. Labounty misses the apex of T1 by a car width which allows Pombo to pass. Labounty then TAKES HIM OUT with a hit to his left bumper. NOT the left side of Pombo's car, not the left door of Pombo's car, and not the left quarter panel of Pombo's car- but the bumper at over 100mph. I'm glad to see how many people are equally annoyed at such driving and glad more are becoming so.
Taking out Pombo at 2:08 here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SnPOIL4mGA

With his apparent lack of culpability and the threatening comments of his cat pack on here, I've had prepared a compilation of all the videos and am sending it to the SCCA with a complaint in the AM. Additionally, I'm forwarding it to NASA and other groups that should be warned of such driving.

Mistakes happen all the time, it's how you and your people handle it that make all the difference.

Now back to Looney Tunes:J
Von C (amazing pass for the win)- threaten me again with ontrack action, post a mocking youtube video, and make additional useless comments concerning molestation.

Tucker- tell me again how you "call it like you see it" but defend turning a competitor at over 100mph and slam everyone who could possibly disagree with you. You and your cat pack would be up in arms had you or Labounty been turned like that.

Van Vurst- you and your brother post a few more cuss words that make you look like you're 12 years old and maybe call me "gay" again.

j
(Edited to provide video links)

I'm sending a video to the SCCA to complain? LOL.... Let me know if they want some more videos! You have lost all credibility as you are nothing more then a troll. And as I said before I am ok with what Jeff did and said so publicly with my real name. Not sure how that is not saying it like I see it either.
Mean High School girls; another funny one. What a dick!
Chip you should not be calling anybody else Gay !!! Even if there is a little pole smoking going on.

--------------------
2010 ARRC Champion
2010 CFR Champion

Matthew Van Vurst

I talked to my computer nerd friend who said he could find out who JSMITTY is on this website. I smell somthing delicious cooking in the oven! SHAKE 'N BAKE What a donkey! (look no cuss word's) [shame]

--------------------

CHIP VAN 01

quote:

2) Canada Corner Contact- watching Mr. Drago's video. Labounty is clearly run out of run (19 second mark) and put off the track as a result of Valafar squeezing over on Pombo which puts Pombo on Labounty. My inquiry/allegation is look at what Labounty then does at 22 seconds into the video. Though having been on the receiving end of a squeeze play not of his design or intent, he turns HARD left right into them. Again, Labounty turns hard left into those cars as opposed to, "how to I get through this next corner with less contact." He schools them with the entire left side of his car. No one is that good with contact by accident. Looks as if he's had quite a good bit of experience doing it as well.

Now back to Looney Tunes:

MOST OF US ARE HAVING FUN HERE ON SM.COM AND AT THE RACE TRACK

BUT YOU MUST NOT BE HAVING THE SAME EXPERIENCES THAT MOST OF US DO AT EATHIER PLACE???

SO PLEASE FIND THAT STICK YOU LOST AND YOU MITE HAVE A BETTER TIME !!!!

AS FAR AS CULPABILITY I KNOW THAT LABOUNTY TALKS TO VALAFAR BI WEEKLEY BEFORE AND AFTER THE RACE

I WAS ALSO IN INPOUND AFTER THE RACE YOU ARE SUCH AN EXPERT OF AND LISTENED TO POMBO AND LABOUNTY DISCUSED BOTH OF THERE VIEWS OF THE RACE

WHEN YOU SEND YOUR STUFF OFF TO SCCA PLEASE TELL THEM THAT YOUR AN EXPERT ARMCHAIR DRIVER AND YOU SHOUD BE
"MOVED UP TO THE FASTER RUN GROUP"

DID YOU KNOW THAT IN QUL POMBO HIT 3 CARS INTO THE WALL ON THREE DRIFERINT LAPS AND ONE WAS LABOUNTY THE OTHER TWO WERE DRAGO AND ME

THATS NOT TRUE BUT HOW THE HECK WOULD YOU KNOW YOU WERNT THERE !!

IT EZ TO SAY THAT ONE PERSON SHOULD HAVE DONE THIS OR THAT AFTER BUT IN THE HEAT OF A RACE IT'S FAR DIFFERINT

IF YOU BEAT THIS DEAD HORSE ANYMORE IT WILL BECOME SOME SORT OF NECROPHILIA AND THAT IS ON YOU [twocents] [twocents] [banghead] [banghead] [banghead]

--------------------

( I kicked Von C's A$$ )

Mike LL

That's almost as bad as Cincinati Reds fans calling in and reporting the cigar smoking in the locker room after they clinched the division.
NONE OF THIER BUSINESS. JSmitty were you the guy in school the teacher came to to find out who wrote on the chalk board while she was gone?

--------------------
Mike Lliteras
NASA FL

Casey Z Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
MegaModerator

Region: MidDiv
Car #: 13
Year : 92
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Casey Z     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

{MODERATOR HAT ON}

Ok guys, let's tone this down a bit. If you want to keep arguing about the action on track go right ahead. Personal attacks one way or the other need to stop...

BTW, the only guy here that has the right to demand someone cough up a real name is Daniels. If you feel that strongly about it PM him.

{MODERATOR HAT OFF}

Enjoy...

--------------------
----------------
Z Brothers Racing / East Street Auto

Casey Z - 1.6 Kettle
MidDiv National #13

ARRC 2010 Champ

Understood!

--------------------
2010 ARRC Champion
2010 CFR Champion

ARRC 2010 Champ

Understood!

--------------------
2010 ARRC Champion
2010 CFR Champion

jsmitty

VanV's, Char, and Tucker, what's your take on Labounty hitting the first car in the first lap?

What do you think happened in the Canada Corner incident at the :21 second mark?

What's your take on turning Pombo at over 100mph, not from the side of his car, but from the bumper as his video shows?

I'd love to know what context that I'm missing as an armchair QB that allows you to hit people like this, and expect everyone to be ok with it.

Matthew Van Vurst

OK DOC! What we are all going to do is stop feeding into your self interest in this matter and stop replying to you! enjoy the silence(cricket's)

--------------------

ARRC 2010 Champ

I should have guessed! Chirp Chirp

--------------------
2010 ARRC Champion
2010 CFR Champion

JIM DANIELS Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
Site Founder

Region: Mid-South
Car #: 76
Year : "You Pick"
Icon 1 posted  Profile for JIM DANIELS   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Johnny D:

J~

jsmitty is Jim Drago. Enough fun Jimbo, they're getting mad.

As for this video, was that racing or a video recording session? No offense but the intensity of a big race with 20 cars on the same second forces one to rethink their position on contact. Contact will happen, is like a crowded subway. If everyone waited, the wrecks would just be further back in the Congo line.

--------------------
Jim Daniels

MAZDARACERS.COM

Page 1 of 2 1  2  next » 

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: