Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » SpecMiata.com » Spec Miata » Runoffs video question (Page 1)

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic
Page 1 of 2 1  2  next » 

Author Topic: Runoffs video question
Jamie Tucker Series Champ

ARRC 2010 Champ

Region: CFR
Car #: 97
Year : 1990/99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jamie Tucker     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Just came across this video on You Tube! Isn't that Gorilla almost turning Von C coming to the yellow?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXJsGKtVg0I

--------------------
2010 ARRC Champion
2010 CFR Champion
2010 instigator of the year
2010/2011 Andrew Von C Wingman

Cliffy Chains

Region: Central FL
Car #: 17
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Cliffy Chains   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I am gonna call safety inspection on this one...Let's not get anybody in an uproar round here.

After reviewing the video I believe that "Gorilla was only inspecting the bumper of Von C's car for safety, to make sure it was indeed still attched to his car. [boggled]

--------------------
BDR Motorsports, Autotechnik
Cliff Blanchard
Down on power 1.6
Sluggish overweight 99'

ARRC 2010 Champ

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jamie Tucker     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Cliffy Chains:
I am gonna call safety inspection on this one...Let's not get anybody in an uproar round here.

After reviewing the video I believe that "Gorilla was only inspecting the bumper of Von C's car for safety, to make sure it was indeed still attched to his car. [boggled]

Ok, sounds good to me! I am glad they had such a public service at the runoffs!

--------------------
2010 ARRC Champion
2010 CFR Champion

Drago Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
MegaModerator

Region: mid south
Car #: 2
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Drago   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I watched this last night, I watched it again this morning trying to find another explanation, I can't.

It is sad that there are over 100 posts on parity, but very few if any find this offensive? I find this behavior inexcusable at best. I thought the start of the race where Steve intentionally drives Coello into the marbles at 14 before the flag crossed the line. Maybe I just don't get it. [Confused]

I want to win as bad as the next guy, but if thats what it takes to be National Champion, I'll pass. Trying to spin a competitor at 100+ mph to win a stupid spec miata race has never entered my mind, I'm amazed that any actually think that way.

--------------------
Jim Drago
East Street Auto Salvage
jdrago1@aol.com
2006-2007 Mid-West Division
07,09 June Sprints Champion

EAST STREET RACING

taylorf Verified Driver

Region: Houston
Car #: 51
Year : 1994
Icon 1 posted  Profile for taylorf     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

WOW

--------------------
Taylor Ferranti

MPR22

Region: Southwest
Car #: 22
Year : 92'
Icon 1 posted  Profile for MPR22     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

100% Wrong!!

--------------------
Michael Ross

Scottie

Region: WDCR
Car #: sm 19
Year : 93
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Scottie     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

That was sketchy

--------------------
How do I fit this ls7 into my mia... nevermind.

Mellen Verified Driver

Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mellen     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Drago:
I watched this last night, I watched it again this morning trying to find another explanation, I can't.

It is sad that there are over 100 posts on parity, but very few if any find this offensive? I find this behavior inexcusable at best. I thought the start of the race where Steve intentionally drives Coello into the marbles at 14 before the flag crossed the line. Maybe I just don't get it. [Confused]

I want to win as bad as the next guy, but if thats what it takes to be National Champion, I'll pass. Trying to spin a competitor at 100+ mph to win a stupid spec miata race has never entered my mind, I'm amazed that any actually think that way.

+1!!

MIATA 17 Verified Driver
2X SMMC Winner

Region: Milwaukee
Year : 97 & 99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for MIATA 17     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Like I said in my post race interviews, I was real dissapointed how we drove as a group! :-(

Alex Bolanos Verified Driver Series Champ

Car #: 18
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Alex Bolanos     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Interesting.

Rowdy Price

Region: WDCR
Car #: 51
Year : 94 R
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Rowdy Price     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

[shame] [Smash]
THIS IS THE REASON I LEFT SM!

--------------------
Brian price ITA #51
http://www.RPPerformanceracing.com
UNLIMITED AUTOBODY & COLLISION.COM PERFORMANCE AUTOWORKS WV.COM
2009 WDCR ITA CHAMPION
2010 WDCR ITA CHAMPION
UNLIMITED RACING

pat slattery Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Veteran Member

Region: cincy
Car #: 79
Year : 92
Icon 1 posted  Profile for pat slattery     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Mellen:
quote:

+1!!
+2

Was that the last lap under green or was it the 2nd lap after the full course caution

Pat

--------------------
keeping the faith for the 1.6

Arrow Karts

Qik Nip Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
Loose Member '09 & '10 Great Lakes Regional Points Champion

Region: Cincinnati Great Lakes
Car #: 60
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Qik Nip     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Is there ANY chance he was just fixated on the pass he was hoping to make and when he saw the yellow, ducked back in rather than simply lift? I'm just saying.
Rick

--------------------
Fortune Cookie Racing SM 60
Directions for use: Race, Rumple, Repair ... Repeat!

MIATA 17 Verified Driver
2X SMMC Winner

Icon 1 posted  Profile for MIATA 17     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by pat slattery:
quote:
Originally posted by Mellen:
quote:

+1!!
+2

Was that the last lap under green or was it the 2nd lap after the full course caution

Pat

That was the last few feet of green flag racing.

Veteran Member

Icon 1 posted  Profile for pat slattery     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

WOW 2 [shame]

Jamie, what did Andrew have to say?

Pat

--------------------

Arrow Karts

Blake Clements Verified Driver Series Champ
MegaModerator

Region: SW - Houston
Car #: 6
Year : 99, 96
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Blake Clements   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
WOW 2 [shame]

Pat

He posted 3 youtube videos and said some jibberish [Wink]

--------------------
Blake Clements

PhillipsRacePrep/SP Induction Systems/East Street Racing/MiataCage.com/Carbotech/WBR Graphics

www.blakeclements.com

mr von charbonneau

Region: 83
Car #: any
Year : any
Icon 1 posted  Profile for mr von charbonneau   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

ITS called charbberish ,get it right

you big potato ball with arms and legs [cheerful]

mr von charbonneau

Icon 1 posted  Profile for mr von charbonneau   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

as for saying anything i keep it at the track

go home and work.

ps I WON BIATCH WHAT ELSE TO SAY. pat sluggerry

ARRC 2010 Champ

quote:
Originally posted by Blake Clements:
quote:
WOW 2 [shame]

Pat

He posted 3 youtube videos and said some jibberish [Wink]
The funniest post of the year and true.

--------------------
2010 ARRC Champion
2010 CFR Champion

mr von charbonneau

hey qik nip and tuck get a grip not even close

watch your races under yellow or mybe your the cause of the yellow

ooops

did i say that

mr von charbonneau

hey jammie think i got some good vidios comming
just wait and see [rockband]

mr von charbonneau

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COkucoNuTaU

is that blake not sure only five flavors left

38BFAST Verified Driver

Region: Waterford Hills
Car #: 38
Year : 96
Icon 1 posted  Profile for 38BFAST     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:

Come on Jim, It is never the driver. It's always the car. Thought you would have learned that by now.

I know if that was me getting bumped like that, Things would have been very ugly shortly thereafter. That is plain BS driving.

That is plain BS. If the Stewarts seen that happen I would expect an invitation to be a spectator for life.

--------------------
Ralph Provitz
2008 WHRRI SM Champion
2008 WHRRI Top 10 Overall
V2 Motorsports, Race support, Data Dude

Dusty Bottoms Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
99 all the way!

Region: Lone Star
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Dusty Bottoms     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Qik Nip:
Is there ANY chance he was just fixated on the pass he was hoping to make and when he saw the yellow, ducked back in rather than simply lift? I'm just saying.
Rick

+1

--------------------
"Your victory is tainted! Asterisk! Asterisk!!!"--Lisa Simpson

Rich Verified Driver
Oh, that's where that is.

Region: STL
Car #: 35
Year : #795 SRF
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Are you guys really that bored? Do you need ANOTHER hobby?

--------------------
Rich Wiese

Spec Wrecker Ford

Dusty Bottoms Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
99 all the way!

Region: Lone Star
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Dusty Bottoms     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Rich:

It's the beginning of PSM...

--------------------
"Your victory is tainted! Asterisk! Asterisk!!!"--Lisa Simpson

Dwayne Hoover Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Veteran Member

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Dwayne Hoover     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:

OK, but in the spirit of throwing stones from my glass house to yours, can you tell the folks at home how many years of post secondary education you will have completed once you are done? [Big Grin]

I have a new way of celebrating birthdays ... I celebrate them in terms of the % of my life I have lived not attending some learning institute or another. This year I celebrated turning "28%". My goal is to retire before I turn "52%", although that is aggressive.

I hope I die of a coronary before I turn 64%.

--------------------
Visit the Midland City Arts Festival!

Rich Verified Driver

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Too friggin' many, and not enough of them from behind the wheel. [Smash] My percentage as of right now is about 21% and falling...

--------------------
Rich Wiese

Spec Wrecker Ford

mr von charbonneau

can anyone tell me what gold and silver will do on monday

Veteran Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bj5pQMkQqKM

Hear you go Andrew, maybe this will help you out. [yep]

Pat

--------------------

Arrow Karts

ARRC 2010 Champ

quote:
Originally posted by mr von charbonneau:
can anyone tell me what gold and silver will do on monday

[Confused]
If you dont know Im in big trouble!

--------------------
2010 ARRC Champion
2010 CFR Champion

Dennis Valet

Region: NYR/North East Division
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Dennis Valet     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:

maybe people are genuinely concerned about their safety and the reputation of the class?

Veteran Member

quote:
Originally posted by Dennis Valet:
quote:

maybe people are genuinely concerned about their safety and the reputation of the class?
+1

--------------------

Arrow Karts

Tom Sager Made Donation to Website

Region: Chicago
Car #: 94
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Tom Sager     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

A quick scan of the Runoffs results shows that most of the cars the DNF'd or finished laps down or lost several spots due to incident were '99's. Parity (lack thereof) must be the root cause.

David Dewhurst
Veteran Member

Icon 1 posted  Profile for David Dewhurst     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Tom Sager:
A quick scan of the Runoffs results shows that most of the cars the DNF'd or finished laps down or lost several spots due to incident were '99's. Parity (lack thereof) must be the root cause.

Is that 99 race car prep parity or 99 driver prep parity? [duck]

--------------------
Have Fun [Wink]

David Dewhurst
CenDiv
Milwaukee Region
Spec Miata #14

Rich Verified Driver

quote:

-100 lbs and +2mm restrictor for the '99's

As for this minor on-track incident that resulted in zero damage or loss of position being a good example of something that needs fixed for the safety and reputation of the class? [rolling on floor laughin] Good luck with that, I think you have bigger fish to fry

--------------------
Rich Wiese

Spec Wrecker Ford

Dennis Valet

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Dennis Valet     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
quote:

As for this minor on-track incident that resulted in zero damage or loss of position being a good example of something that needs fixed for the safety and reputation of the class? [rolling on floor laughin] Good luck with that, I think you have bigger fish to fry

So it's ok because no one got hurt [Confused] Instead of brushing it off, you should say "hey, we are lucky no one got hurt - that's a very lame move and I hope no one on here would ever do something like that"

guest driver

Region: 011
Car #: 47
Year : 94
Icon 1 posted  Profile for guest driver     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
[/qb]

[/QB][/QUOTE]

[rolling on floor laughin]
First of all, Drago, Chippy & Blake won't make weight at -100 so that would be unfair to the 'well fed' set,
second; +2mm ... [rolling on floor laughin]
might as well take the plate off,
who cares about the 1.6, it's that '97 and '01 they should worry about
[Wink]

Rich Verified Driver

quote:
So it's ok because no one got hurt [Confused] Instead of brushing it off, you should say "hey, we are lucky no one got hurt - that's a very lame move and I hope no one on here would ever do something like that"

like I said, good luck with that, it's the silly season and I know nobody had anything better to do

--------------------
Rich Wiese

Spec Wrecker Ford

Gatoratty Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: Central Florida
Car #: 3
Year : 1992
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Gatoratty     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Andrew

Nice shout out for your sponsor by Steven Cole Smith in Autoweek! Andrew Charbonneau was sponsored by "Jacked Up on Mountain Dew Bee-atch!"

--------------------
Paul McLester

Dennis Valet

quote:
quote:

like I said, good luck with that, it's the silly season and I know nobody had anything better to do

I guess this is a response I should expect from someone who embraces the "spec wrecker ford" nick name.

JIM DANIELS Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
Site Founder

Region: Mid-South
Car #: 76
Year : "You Pick"
Icon 1 posted  Profile for JIM DANIELS   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Inconclusive really. Had the intention been to spin him, he would have spun IMO.

--------------------
Jim Daniels

MAZDARACERS.COM

Alex Bolanos Verified Driver Series Champ

Car #: 18
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Alex Bolanos     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by JIM DANIELS:
Inconclusive really. Had the intention been to spin him, he would have spun IMO.

What was the intention then?

Blake Clements Verified Driver Series Champ
MegaModerator

Region: SW - Houston
Car #: 6
Year : 99, 96
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Blake Clements   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Alex Bolanos:
quote:

You guys got it all wrong.

Von C was trying to go to the concession stand for more cheesy potatos and bratwurst. He was just following his friend Drago. That was where Drago went in the last corner when he "spun".

--------------------
Blake Clements

PhillipsRacePrep/SP Induction Systems/East Street Racing/MiataCage.com/Carbotech/WBR Graphics

www.blakeclements.com

Waterboy Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: WDC
Car #: 15
Year : 1995
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Waterboy     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I agree with Jim, I would think if he had been trying to spin him he would have. Refer back to the crashing at the runoffs thread and you can see a great example. Maybe Gorilla just doesn't know how to do it.

--------------------
Tim Jacobs
Montgomery Irrigation

guest driver

Icon 1 posted  Profile for guest driver     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Alex;
his intention was to loosen him up so he would lift before the flag.
gorilla too shrewd to turn him on the front straight in front of the world, what he found out von C too skilled and experienced to ever lift ...
result; "i won biatch"!

JIM DANIELS Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
Site Founder

Region: Mid-South
Car #: 76
Year : "You Pick"
Icon 1 posted  Profile for JIM DANIELS   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
quote:

That would be speculation. Perhaps a simple error or looking away at the flag station, perhaps not. Sometimes these things are a bit of a reminder about something that happened before. Even teammates do some nudging when frustrated or wanting to send some Morse Code.

--------------------
Jim Daniels

MAZDARACERS.COM

Ron Alan Made Donation to Website

Region: SF
Year : 95
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Ron Alan     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
quote:
quote:

That would be speculation. Perhaps a simple error or looking away at the flag station, perhaps not. Sometimes these things are a bit of a reminder about something that happened before. Even teammates do some nudging when frustrated or wanting to send some Morse Code.
+1 Love tap [Big Grin]

--------------------
-RA

"Happy birthday, I didn't get you a present...Oh, mom got you one? Well, that's from me then too, unless it's shitty."
9:52 AM Sep 14th, 2009 via web
http://twitter.com/shitmydadsays

MIATA 17 Verified Driver
2X SMMC Winner

quote:
Originally posted by guest driver:
Alex;
his intention was to loosen him up so he would lift before the flag.

And then what pass him under double yellow???? [Roll Eyes]

guest driver

quote:
Originally posted by MIATA 17:

Pat [/qb]

That was the last few feet of green flag racing. [/QB][/QUOTE]

going by what you said tiger
what, you think he was purposely trying to turn him??
or was "distracted" looking at the sky??
[Roll Eyes]

Page 1 of 2 1  2  next » 

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: