Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » SpecMiata.com » Spec Miata » Discussion: Regional Forums at Mazdaracers.com

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: Discussion: Regional Forums at Mazdaracers.com
Mike
Memphis PC Guy

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mike   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

As MazdaRacers.com is open to a much wider audience we are tinkering with Non-Sanctioning body affiliated Regions.

What suggestions do you have for the names of regional forums that would still fit with any/all sanctioning bodies ?

No brainers would be;

North-East
South-East
North-West
South-West
Mid-West

/Discuss

--------------------
Mike
Memphis PC Guy
http://memphispcguy.com
http://www.mazdaracers.com

B Wilson Verified Driver Series Champ
Gold Member

Region: Oregon
Car #: 68
Year : 91
Icon 1 posted  Profile for B Wilson   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I support combining North Pacific and San Francisco regions. There's a lot more crossover racing now than in the past. And hoping to have more in the future.

-bw

--------------------
Bruce Wilson
2010 Oregon Region Champ
2010 Monte Shelton Driver of the Year
2010 25 Hours of Thunderhill E3 and Under 2 liter Overall Champion
Oregon Region SM Class Advisor

Pat Newton Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Enduro addict

Region: Northwest, Oregon
Car #: 79
Year : 90
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Pat Newton   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

A combined forum would make for more crossover smack talk too, and that's really what it's all about. :-)

--------------------
Crew Chief, 3D Racing #64, aka Team Scrappy 2.0
3rd place E2, 2009 25 Hours of Thunderhill

Crew Chief, EGR/Miller Motorsports #64, aka Team Scrappy
E2 Champions, 2008 25 Hours of Thunderhill

Teamfour Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: WDCR
Car #: 04
Year : 1993
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Teamfour   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Good idea, but I would suggest finding a way to put the SCCA and NASA regions as subtitles (not forum areas) to each region area. It gets confusing in some areas; is Louisiana area racing in the midwest, southeast, or southwest?

--------------------
Lee Tilton
1993 Meowta #04
Brimtek Motorsports/ Team Four Racing
Team Four Racing

spdmonkey Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: OVR
Car #: 08
Year : 95
Icon 1 posted  Profile for spdmonkey     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Hey as long as I can still be a mod i don't care what we call them. I like great lakes though as a differentiation from midwest otherwise there is such a big area to cover.

Dave Brown

Sean Allen Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Veteran Member

Region: SFR
Car #: 54!
Year : 90'
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Sean Allen   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Ditto what Bruce said, I'm fine with combining NP and SFR.

Mike
Memphis PC Guy

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mike   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

OK, the way this was supposed to work was someone was supposed to create their ideal list.

The the next guy was supposed to quote him and make his adjustments...

... ad nauseam until there was a consensus reached as the to the least amount of regional forums necessary to cover all club racing sanctioning bodies.

If I create the 6 area NASA has will it work equally well for the SCCA members while generating more topics in the thinner central regions.

So Im thinking along the lines of;

Northeast
Southeast
Central
Midwest
Northwest
Southwest

--------------------
Mike
Memphis PC Guy

Sean Allen Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Veteran Member

Region: SFR
Car #: 54!
Year : 90'
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Sean Allen   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

That would probably work fine. Maybe in the description, put which regions they are suppose to include. Just in case people arent sure..

Ex. Northwest (SCCA SFR, NW, NP Div, NASA Norcal) or something on those lines... Not actual sub forums, just in the description on the main page.

Funracer Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Funracer     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

"So Im thinking along the lines of;

Northeast
Southeast
Central
Midwest
Northwest
Southwest"

I would go with North Central and South Central
just for consistancy.

Rgds

Mike
Memphis PC Guy

Anyone feel like correlating the Sanctioning bodies and letting me know which Regional forum would cover which sanctioning bodies regions/divisions ?

Thanks

--------------------
Mike
Memphis PC Guy

B Wilson Verified Driver Series Champ
Gold Member

Region: Oregon
Car #: 68
Year : 91
Icon 1 posted  Profile for B Wilson   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Northwest
SCCA SFR, OR, NW, NP Div, NASA Norcal, ICSCC

--------------------
Bruce Wilson
2010 Oregon Region Champ
2010 Monte Shelton Driver of the Year
2010 25 Hours of Thunderhill E3 and Under 2 liter Overall Champion
Oregon Region SM Class Advisor

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: