Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » SpecMiata.com » Spec Miata » Stable Imaging Solutions Re-Play XD Video Recorder

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: Stable Imaging Solutions Re-Play XD Video Recorder
sirois737 Verified Driver

Region: OVR
Car #: 37
SMIM: n/a
Icon 1 posted  Profile for sirois737   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Stable Imaging Solutions Re-Play XD Video Recorder

Saferacer is selling these. Has anyone had any experience with them? I searched the Forum and nothing came up.

--------------------
Den

steveh

Icon 1 posted  Profile for steveh     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Just got one this fall. Have used it in open- and closed-cockpit cars, in DE and races. Image quality is great, but sound not so good, as the built-in mic at the back of the unit picks up a lot of wind noise that drowns out everything else. I have seen suggestions about how to fix the wind noise problem, but haven't tried them yet, since I don't care that much about the sound quality.

Recording time is about an hour with a good charge and a 4 GB micro SD (came with it). You can recharge from your laptop USB connection or AC adaptor, or plug into the cig lighter in the car. The mini SD comes with an adaptor to load into the SD card slot on the computer.

Overall, for the money, I'm really happy with it. Simple, easy to use, and produces a good quality image. If you want bells and whistles, like data integration and the like, it's probably not a good choice, but for basic video, it's the best image I've seen in the small recorders.

--------------------
1991 Spec Miata

sirois737 Verified Driver

Region: OVR
Car #: 37
SMIM: n/a
Icon 1 posted  Profile for sirois737   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Thanks!

As I only put down one item on my family wish list I should be getting a Saferacer Gift certificate or two. Was shopping for what to buy!

--------------------
Den

Keith in WA Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Pack Fodder

Region: NWR / Oregon
Car #: 88
Year : 95
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Keith in WA     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

With the small size and price, I'm thinking about one for a rear view camera to catch those special Kodak moments.

--------------------
Keith Novak
(Will work for tires)

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: