Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » SpecMiata.com » Spec Miata » Fire Suppression system

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: Fire Suppression system
omg

Region: washington
Year : 1990 sm 1990 ssm 2007 MX5 Cup
Icon 1 posted  Profile for omg     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Does the Fire Suppression system for club racing with SCCA/NASA need to be SFI cetified?

omg

Region: washington
Year : 1990 sm 1990 ssm 2007 MX5 Cup
Icon 1 posted  Profile for omg     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Got off my ass and read the GCR 9.3.23 pg 70 on board systems not required for Spec Miata. So does not have to be SFI, since it is not required. Safecraft has a model LT5aaa, that is not SFI certified, but is a great system.

TillerTech

Region: SoPac
Car #: na
Year : 89
Icon 1 posted  Profile for TillerTech     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

What is the agent used in the system?
If memory serves, the SFI standing only applies to the agent. Halon should not be available anymore, FE36 and other have replaced it.

I also heard that some systems in the last couple years with AFFF had valve discharge problems (corrosion). not necessarily with safecraft units.

For a Spec Miata, use the SFI agent, trust me, you will want to breath.

John

--------------------
Miata Race glass and CF from Legacy Molds. 4 1/2# CF Hood
http://www.jnent.net

Dan Cooper Verified Driver

Region: San Francisco
Car #: 35
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Dan Cooper     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Tom Turner at ESS sells a great product. He is here in NorCal but I doubt shipping would be an issue.

Putting a system in each car this off season. All the cool kids are doing it.

PM for his number if you'd like.

--------------------
Dan
--
Green Miata #35
Integriteam/Integratis

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: