Spec Miata Community
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » SpecMiata.com » Spec Miata » Your last SM.com post!

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: Your last SM.com post!
JIM DANIELS Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
Site Founder

Region: Mid-South
Car #: 76
Year : "You Pick"
Icon 1 posted  Profile for JIM DANIELS   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I will say the very last words at 11:59 tonight [Big Grin]

At midnight tonight the forums will be closed and a splash page will be added.

Our new SM forum is at.....

http://mazdaracers.com/forum/100-spec-miata/

I hope to see you there and look forward to reading any last words you post here!

--------------------
Jim Daniels

MAZDARACERS.COM

pat slattery Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Veteran Member

Region: cincy
Car #: 79
Year : 92
Icon 1 posted  Profile for pat slattery     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

So long old pal

--------------------
keeping the faith for the 1.6

Arrow Karts

Drago Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
MegaModerator

Region: mid south
Car #: 2
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Drago   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I will sure miss this site, I am so used to the lay out etc. Like throwing away your favorite pair of tennis shoes as soon as they fit just right [Frown]

--------------------
Jim Drago
East Street Auto Salvage
jdrago1@aol.com
2006-2007 Mid-West Division
07,09 June Sprints Champion

EAST STREET RACING

CP Verified Driver

Region: NER
Car #: 7
Icon 1 posted  Profile for CP   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Farewell.

--------------------
-Cy
Supported by LTD Racing & Speed Shack - New England's Premier Auto Accessory Store
Rt1 AutoMile - Norwood, MA
http://www.speedshackonline.com

Brian Ghidinelli Verified Driver
Moonwalker

Region: SFR
Car #: 12
Year : 99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Brian Ghidinelli   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Jim D(aniels) - the primary way that I stay up to date with sm.com is by looking at the home page with the "recent posts". I don't see anything really equivalent on mazdaracers.com and it is harder for me to get/stay engaged in discussions and see what's new. I know I can explicitly watch forums but I don't really want to watch them all - I just want to see what's new/active. Some thoughts to make the new site have the same level of activity...

--------------------
MotorsportReg.com / Haag Performance / Team SafeRacer
2010 San Francisco Region SMT Champion

Danny Steyn Verified Driver

Region: SE
Car #: 39
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Danny Steyn   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Gonna miss this place - like Drago, I and everyone else got very comfortable with this place.....

Hopefully MRF will evolve beyond where it is now. Nothing exciting or fun there at all right now, I hope it hasnt jumped the shark!

Other than the SM threads there is ZERO content from any other segment, so the immediate goal of having a central Mazda forum is not being realized...... JD will you be able to lure the others from their comfortably worn sites to MRF??????

--------------------
Danny
http://www.dannysteyn.com
http://www.adeptstudios.com
OPM Autosports | Traqmate | Rossini Racing Engines
2010 June Sprints Champ, 2010 ARRC SMX Champ
2009 SARRC Champ, 2009 SEDiv ECR Champ, 2009 FES Champ
2008 SEDiv ECR Champ

d mathias Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: OVR
Car #: 88
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for d mathias     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Sorta like if Coke changed its name?

Johnny D Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Hot Member

Region: SFR
Car #: 88 SM
Year : 99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Johnny D     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Brian, Hit the "View New Content" upper right.

Great site sorry to see it go.
I'm sure MazdaRacer will be as good or better over time with our inputs.

J~

--------------------
Avatar Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ww9cFE3lKcA

cboehly Verified Driver

Region: FLR
Car #: 78
Year : 1992
Icon 1 posted  Profile for cboehly     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Brian Ghidinelli:
Jim D(aniels) - the primary way that I stay up to date with sm.com is by looking at the home page with the "recent posts". I don't see anything really equivalent on mazdaracers.com and it is harder for me to get/stay engaged in discussions and see what's new. I know I can explicitly watch forums but I don't really want to watch them all - I just want to see what's new/active. Some thoughts to make the new site have the same level of activity...

AMEN.. New site is slick but not as intuitive, at least for me. Maybe with time but a recent post listing would make it that much better.

--------------------
Charlie Boehly

d mathias Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: OVR
Car #: 88
Icon 1 posted  Profile for d mathias     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

This site has been a wonderful source of entertainment and knowledge.

Thanks Jim!

-Denny

Site Founder

Icon 1 posted  Profile for JIM DANIELS   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Brian, be helpful if you one, looked at the other site's right bar. The feature you like here is my babe and is expanded at the new site and is user defined.

Recent posts, blogs, classifieds, status updates, uploads, gallery posts you name it and you control it.

Two, make all suggestions at the other site so those folks, new to the community from other Mazda classes, can correct and discuss.

I will do a private weblaps session for you and Drago if it's needed. All can join for that matter. Click around, it's pretty amazing and an improvement in every way over this site's software.

Sent via mobile....

Thanks!

--------------------
Jim Daniels

MAZDARACERS.COM

Glenn Verified Driver

Region: CCR
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Glenn     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Danny said x2 SM. com has been GREAT only hope the new site picks up the pace!

--------------------
Glenn
Crew chief Meathead Racing, NE Region Sales Division Race Engineering, The GOLD standard in SM engines, Occasional race slave for OPM Autosports

Shop Teacher

Region: SF Nor Cal
Car #: #39
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Shop Teacher     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

It was a chance to make great friends in a sport so dear to our hearts. Thank you J.D. for making it happen.
AL

--------------------
Al Angulo
Auto Instructor
Ford Senior Master Tech
ASE Master Tech

Teamfour Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: WDCR
Car #: 04
Year : 1993
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Teamfour   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I was ready to buy a SRF after selling my open wheel car. This site changed my mind. Thank JD for making my racing fun happen in a Miata!

The other site is good and will get better over time. Learn to use the "subscribe to forums" feature and you will never have to go looking for posts again. Also the Recent Content link works nice.

--------------------
Lee Tilton
1993 Meowta #04
Brimtek Motorsports/ Team Four Racing
Team Four Racing

Ron Alan Made Donation to Website

Region: SF
Year : 95
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Ron Alan     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

This site brought the whole SM community right to my doorstep. Honestly made it all possible to get deeply involved in a fabulous hobby [yep]

Like others...still finding my way around the new site. I think when those that don't frequent as much get on board the new site will begin to feel more like home again.

Thanks JD for everything you do and will in the future!

I already miss the Graemlins [Big Grin] [Cool] [flamed] [thumbsup] [twocents] [banghead] [group hug]

--------------------
-RA

"Happy birthday, I didn't get you a present...Oh, mom got you one? Well, that's from me then too, unless it's shitty."
9:52 AM Sep 14th, 2009 via web
http://twitter.com/shitmydadsays

David Levin

Region: washington dc region
Car #: 29
Icon 1 posted  Profile for David Levin     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I would just like to thank everyone who posts on this site, I had the best year of my life and look foreward to racing with as many of you guys and gals as possible.

--------------------
DaveL

David Levin

Region: washington dc region
Car #: 29
Icon 1 posted  Profile for David Levin     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

forward

--------------------
DaveL

D.B. Cutler Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Huge Member

Region: Detroit
Car #: 5
Icon 1 posted  Profile for D.B. Cutler     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Good bye Spec Miata.com !! I'll really miss you. Thanks Jim for setting it up and thanks to all of the moderators and contributors !!

Gatoratty Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: Central Florida
Car #: 3
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Gatoratty     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Still trying to learn the new site. Thanks to everyone for helping me these past three years. Also can't figure out how to animate my avatar on the other site.....got to have a chomping Gator!

--------------------
Paul McLester

Site Founder

Of all the words that I've pondered today only two tell my story.

Thank You!

JD out

--------------------
Jim Daniels

MAZDARACERS.COM

Greg Kimble Verified Driver

Region: CFR
Car #: 81
Year : 1994
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Greg Kimble     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Thanks JD, this site helped me go from knowing nothing about SM to building my car (with some great help) to getting my regional license in December. Now on to Mazdaracers.com

Greg

tom_hampton

Region: SW
Icon 1 posted  Profile for tom_hampton   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I was pretty new to this site when the new one came around. But, its been great. The new site doesn't have the same soul yet. But, it will! There is so much more to engage everyone.

See y'all on the other side.

--------------------
---
Tom Hampton
Miata build: http://www.tomhampton.info

daryl

Icon 1 posted  Profile for daryl     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

RIP.

daryl (a clown by any other name would smell as sweet?)

[ 02-01-2011, 04:13 AM: Message edited by: daryl ]

Shop Teacher

Region: SF Nor Cal
Car #: #39
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Shop Teacher     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

bye all

--------------------
Al Angulo
Auto Instructor
Ford Senior Master Tech
ASE Master Tech

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: