Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » Sports Car Club of America » SCCA San Francisco Region » Thursday test day at Infineon?

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: Thursday test day at Infineon?
KyleLoustaunau

Region: SFR
Year : 93
Icon 1 posted  Profile for KyleLoustaunau     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I've never made it out to a Thursday test day and I want to try it out for the festival weekend, but I cant find any info about it. Wondering if anyone could tell me were I can register and if you think its worth the extra $$$?
Thanks

Dave McAnaney Verified Driver

Region: San Francisco
Car #: 45
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Dave McAnaney     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Expensive but worthwhile. Register at the track - can buy one or more sessions (normally 5-6 sessions per class per day). I think the morning sessions are ~30min/ea while the afternoon sessions are 20-25min/ea. Good luck!

--------------------
Dave McAnaney
SM#45 San Francisco Region

Johnny D Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Hot Member

Car #: 88 SM
Year : 99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Johnny D     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Here's the link, it's my 1st time too.
http://www.infineonraceway.com/raceway/rental/testing/

J~

Dave McAnaney Verified Driver

Region: San Francisco
Car #: 45
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Dave McAnaney     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Sears Point runs a special "Pre-SCCA" test day different than what's on their web site. They break-up the cars into groups so it's not an "open" test day and allow you to purchase individual sessions.

--------------------
Dave McAnaney
SM#45 San Francisco Region

Ray Meister Made Donation to Website

Car #: 38
Year : 1994
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Ray Meister     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I called Sears Point and spoke with Dave Schwartz at 707-938-8448, ext. 156. My understanding was that this Pre-SCCA day would be $325 for the day. You can call Dave to pre-register.

KyleLoustaunau

Icon 1 posted  Profile for KyleLoustaunau     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Right on guys, thanks for your help. I'll see you all out there.

Steven Padfield Verified Driver

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Steven Padfield   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Is there a risk of it filling up?

dtfastbear Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
faster than the average bear...

Region: SFR / NorCal
Car #: 72
Icon 1 posted  Profile for dtfastbear   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

No, they just like you to call in advance for some reason... Maybe so they know how to balance the groups?

Steve - great to see you out there again! This is going to be a fantastic weekend.

Please - no one hit Laura. I had to rebuild the entire back suspension of the car today thanks to an a-hole BMW at the NASA enduro last weekend. I'm hoping she comes through this weekend unscathed... [Smile]

Cheers,

Dean

--------------------
NASA Nor Cal SM series Director
www.molaps.com

Winner - Ford Racing Mustang Challenge Driver Shootout

Evil Genius Racing / Race Engineering / Stewart Development

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: