Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » Sports Car Club of America » SCCA San Francisco Region » GCR costs money?

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: GCR costs money?
Steven Padfield Verified Driver

Region: SFR
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Steven Padfield   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

When did they start charging for the GCR?

[Confused]

Jim Creighton

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jim Creighton     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

If you do not have a SCCA Competition license, they have never been free.

And it was only a few years ago that everyone including officials had to pay for a GCR.

So, do you have a current SCCA competition license?

--------------------
Jim Creighton
SARRC Administrator

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Steven Padfield   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Yes. I've been out of things for a couple seasons, but I'm all renewed now. Regional license.

Chris Haldeman

Region: texas
Car #: 71,72
Year : 1990,1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Chris Haldeman     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

all i did was request a copy on scca.com and they sent it no charge.

wheel Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: kc
Car #: 20
Year : 92
Icon 1 posted  Profile for wheel     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I believe next year the on-line version will be the basic version and you will have to request, and pay for, any printed copies. Instead of spending a ton of money to print up a full run, they will print them as required. This will save the Club (and us) money. The latest updated version, on-line, is now the official GCR, anyway.
wheel

Richard Pressman Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Veteran Member

Region: WDC
Car #: 87
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Richard Pressman     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Darn... too slow. [Smile]

OK, so sounds like because my renewal occurred mid-season, I'll have to pay for one.

Thanks for the info!

Jim Creighton

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jim Creighton     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

The current updated GCR is available at SCCA.com/ club racing/ cars & rules. Just download it and look up what you need. There is a version that has all the FasTracks added.

2010 printed GCR is almost history now.

--------------------
Jim Creighton
SARRC Administrator

wheel Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: kc
Car #: 20
Year : 92
Icon 1 posted  Profile for wheel     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Jim is correct. The 2010 GCR has so much obsolete information, that it should not be used for anything except a fire starter.
If you go here, and look under Entire Book, for the "GCR updated through ----fastrack", you will get the latest and greatest.

http://www.scca.org/contentpage.aspx?content=44

The downloaded links section that give the various sections and classes is not updated every month. The address, above, is the only one updated.

Johnny D Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Hot Member

Car #: 88 SM
Year : 99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Johnny D     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Steven, you posted that you're renting. The car is covered.
What do you need in there, your gear or driver ethics?
J~

Just want to remind myself what the different color flags mean...

[Wink]

Dan Cooper Verified Driver

Region: San Francisco
Car #: 35
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Dan Cooper     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Green is the mechanical flag. If seen you should move off the racing line and wave everyone by...

--------------------
Dan
--
Green Miata #35
Integriteam/Integratis

Lance Snyder Made Donation to Website
Administrator

Region: Atlanta
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Lance Snyder     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

As its such a critical flag you may see it waved vigorously.

--------------------
All this has happened before, and will happen again

I just realized I need a Sunoco patch. Anyone know where I can get one of those?

d mathias Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: OVR
Car #: 88
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for d mathias     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

So what do I do if I must produce a GCR (like for a protest) and do not have a laptop to view the on-line or CD rom version? Should the regions have a GCR available at the event?

I could look it up on my wife's BlackBerry but that would exceed the 30 minute limit.

Capt. John

Region: FL.
Car #: # 27 ITA
Year : 1986
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Capt. John     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Some of the Stewards bring laptops with them and have the latest version of the GCR available. Check with which Region is hosting the event re. current GCR availability on a laptop. It's a whole new way of conducting an event. Is it better; I don't know. Technology is here to stay and the SCCA can't wait to embrace it for just about everything.

"Technology is here to stay?" Even Formula 1 has a rule book! [Wink]

Speaking of techmology, I'm gonna try to put it on my kindle! Looks like I finally found a use for that thing...

[Big Grin]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: