Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » Sports Car Club of America » SCCA San Francisco Region » Congrats to the New & Improved Nick Buchanan

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: Congrats to the New & Improved Nick Buchanan
dp35 Verified Driver

Region: SFR
Car #: 51
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for dp35     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Congrats Nick - you definitely had the breakout performance of the weekend. You backed up your shocking qualifying performance for Sunday's race by driving smooth fast & smart, and finishing the race strong. Not sure how stoked I am about being beaten by you though. Maybe I did too good of a job pumping you up beforehand. Oh well, its not your fault I couldn't shift.

I'll post my video of Sunday's race when I get time.

--------------------
2010 SCCA Regional Driver of the Year
2010 25 Hours of Thunderhill E1 Class winner, MX-5 Cup

Ron Alan Made Donation to Website

Region: SF
Year : 95
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Ron Alan     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I think Nicks mom has lost her car...she should have never loaned it to him! But Nick...your definitely going to have to fire your pit crew...or at least who was responsible for putting gas in your car for the bonus race!!

What is it with the young guys running out of gas this weekend?? Congratulations Nick...+1 on Darins comments from a spectator...great driving!

--------------------
-RA

"Happy birthday, I didn't get you a present...Oh, mom got you one? Well, that's from me then too, unless it's shitty."
9:52 AM Sep 14th, 2009 via web
http://twitter.com/shitmydadsays

dp35 Verified Driver

Car #: 51
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for dp35     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Here's my video from Sunday's race. Pretty disapointing finish for me, but good for Nick & Brian. You can see the speed I lost at the end of the front straight due to my rear diff towards the end. Woulda shoulda coulda...

http://www.vimeo.com/14828635

--------------------
2010 SCCA Regional Driver of the Year
2010 25 Hours of Thunderhill E1 Class winner, MX-5 Cup

Juan Pineda Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Veteran Member

Region: San Francisco
Car #: 34
Year : 1992
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Juan Pineda   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Darin, that was a very entertaining race! I had forgotten how much happened in the last couple laps. Good job avoiding those wrecked cars in T10. I saw that from T9, and was sure it was going to be trouble.

Way to go Nick! Some smart driving to 2nd, taking advantage of Darin and Brian fighting.

Congrats to Brian for another solid drive to first!

Thanks for posting, Darin!

-Juan

--------------------
www.ArtOfRoadRacing.com Race Craft Clinic - Thunderhill - 30 Jan 2011

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Ron Alan     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

DP...pretty obvious the speed change up the front the last couple laps. Look at it this way, P3 is better than DNF.
Not taking anything away from Brian...great drive as always!

--------------------
-RA

"Happy birthday, I didn't get you a present...Oh, mom got you one? Well, that's from me then too, unless it's shitty."

Jeremy Pike

Car #: 89
Year : 90
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jeremy Pike     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Money Shift!! I think I heard 10000R's. Sounds great in a S2000, not so good in a 1600. Been there, done that. I'm ready for a race soon myself, you guys make me jealous.

Nick Buchanan Verified Driver

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Nick Buchanan   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Thanks guys! Only person I have to blame for the fuel is myself. I was glad about my 2nd place finish in the first race and completely spaced on filling up the car until I saw the 2 minute marker on grid. Too late then so I decided to just race as long as I could and hope I would make it. Made it through 6 laps and started getting fuel starve accelerating out of turns. I limped it 2 more laps in 2nd then gave up and pulled off track. Got to the trailer and the car died so it seems I gave up just at the right time.

--------------------
http://www.trackspeedengineering.com

Brian Ghidinelli Verified Driver
Moonwalker

Car #: 12
Year : 99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Brian Ghidinelli   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

That last lap or two is a great scrap! Nick was right there with us filling up mirrors and taking advantage of his opportunities - nice entry into T10 on the final lap.

I'm registered for Thunderhill - see you guys in a couple of weeks! Good luck to Darin, Tommy, Juan and everyone else headed out to Utah!

--------------------
MotorsportReg.com / Haag Performance / Team SafeRacer
2010 San Francisco Region SMT Champion

Nick...are you 2 flipping a coin for TH?? Maybe you can fix Seans tranny and drive it...don't forget to clean the cobwebs out. Hey Sean... [duck]

--------------------
-RA

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: