Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » Sports Car Club of America » SCCA San Francisco Region » Anyone in the SFR on iracing?

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: Anyone in the SFR on iracing?
KyleLoustaunau

Region: SFR
Year : 93
Icon 1 posted  Profile for KyleLoustaunau     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I split screened a lap on Iracing in the Pontiac solstice with a lap from the festival weekend and the brake points and shift points are pretty damn close. Check it out. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVB5ktauQ5Y

Brian Ghidinelli Verified Driver
Moonwalker

Car #: 12
Year : 99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Brian Ghidinelli   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Kyle, that is very cool! I just installed iRacing and I'm hoping to hook up some speakers this weekend and give it a test drive. Driving without speakers, I wasn't able to even get around 1 lap at Laguna. [Smile]

I know there are a handful of other SFR guys who do it... I'll post my ID once I figure out what it is.

--------------------
MotorsportReg.com / Haag Performance / Team SafeRacer
2010 San Francisco Region SMT Champion

Dave Bingle

Region: San Francisco
Car #: 19
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Dave Bingle   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Nice work Kyle. Iracing is great. Try the Mustang FR500s, it's a blast to race.

--------------------
Dave Bingle, SCCA SFR SSM #19 (last year #22)

Motor City Hamilton

Region: Great Lakes/Detroit
Car #: 51
Year : 1994 Miata
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Motor City Hamilton     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

How do you guys like iRacing compared to Gran Turismo? I am trying to decide which to go with. With the Logitech G25 or G27 wheel/pedals and maybe the brake pedal cheat, is this really a tool to help learn tracks in the off-season or does this play like a video game (stab and steer)?

I love the Gran Tourismo series, but it doesn't have Mid Ohio in it. The graphics look way better in the new GT5.

Thoughts?

SkeerRacing
Soon to be in a SM

Icon 1 posted  Profile for SkeerRacing     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Motor City Hamilton:
How do you guys like iRacing compared to Gran Turismo? I am trying to decide which to go with. With the Logitech G25 or G27 wheel/pedals and maybe the brake pedal cheat, is this really a tool to help learn tracks in the off-season or does this play like a video game (stab and steer)?

I love the Gran Tourismo series, but it doesn't have Mid Ohio in it. The graphics look way better in the new GT5.

Thoughts?

iRacing makes GT5 feel like a 80's arcade game... its MILES better

--------------------
In 10 years, you will see me racing @ Le Mans
ElliottSkeerRacing.com

Buelligan Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: WDC
Car #: 05
Year : 91
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Buelligan     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I'll second what Skeer said, WAY BETTER! For learning tracks NOTHING is as acurate as iRacing! All the consoles have never had the feel of PC Sim racing. They get better everytime but the PC is always ahead! Now with iRacing it is no CONTEST!

--------------------
Mike Monaghan
#05 SSM
"BUELL" The Original STREETFIGHTER

KyleLoustaunau

Icon 1 posted  Profile for KyleLoustaunau     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Go for the g27

Motor City Hamilton

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Motor City Hamilton     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Not seeing much difference between the G25 and G27. If I can find a lightly used G25 for a deal, is that o.k. or do you recommend a new G27?

KyleLoustaunau

The g25 has a dead zone in the force feedback when your wheel is centered, really thats the only major difference. I have had my g25 for two years i think and it still works great.

Sean Hoover

Car #: 63
Year : 2001
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Sean Hoover   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

That video is very cool.

--------------------
Sean Hoover
http://www.hooverspeed.com
(916) 806-2550

Shop Teacher

Region: SF Nor Cal
Car #: #39
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Shop Teacher     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I thought this is why we bought race cars, was to race REAL cars.

--------------------
Al Angulo
Auto Instructor
Ford Senior Master Tech
ASE Master Tech

Juan Pineda Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Veteran Member

Car #: 34
Year : 1992
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Juan Pineda   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Kyle, The video is way cool.

Al, You got it backwards. We buy the race cars to help us with our iRacing.

Make sure you get the brake pedal load cell mod:

http://www.apelectrix.com/index.html

-Juan

--------------------
www.ArtOfRoadRacing.com Race Craft Clinic - Thunderhill - 30 Jan 2011

Motor City Hamilton

The apelectrix site says that he is temporarily stopping production. That was back in April. Is this guy still making/selling these?

SkeerRacing
Soon to be in a SM

Icon 1 posted  Profile for SkeerRacing     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I use a shaved big eraser... took about 5 minutes to shave it down, works fine for me. only cost like $3, thats basically what the mod is anyway.

--------------------
ElliottSkeerRacing.com

SkeerRacing
Soon to be in a SM

I use a shaved big eraser... took about 5 minutes to shave it down, works fine for me. only cost like $3, thats basically what the mod is anyway.

--------------------
ElliottSkeerRacing.com

Motor City Hamilton

The apelectrix and perfect pedal say that they are pressure chips and do not use the potometer. Doesn't sound like the eraser cheat to me.

Juan Pineda Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Veteran Member

Car #: 34
Year : 1992
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Juan Pineda   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

The load cell brake mods are much more realistic. They are pressure sensitive just like real brakes. You need something like this to do heel toe. I've never tried the eraser thing.

-Juan

--------------------
www.ArtOfRoadRacing.com Race Craft Clinic - Thunderhill - 30 Jan 2011

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: