Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » Sports Car Club of America » SCCA San Francisco Region » Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca finale video

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca finale video
Brian Ghidinelli Verified Driver
Moonwalker

Region: SFR
Car #: 12
Year : 99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Brian Ghidinelli   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Here it is from my cockpit with front and rear cameras... edited down to highlights:

http://vimeo.com/16066760

Darin got me on the start! I thought Nick would be the wildcard with nothing to lose so my strategy was to be patient and make sure I was within striking distance at the end. Letting Nick harass Darin early on I think played to my advantage. Somewhat unusual that we didn't have a FCY so lots of lapped traffic.

The 90db exhaust sure makes for blah sounding video.

--------------------
MotorsportReg.com / Haag Performance / Team SafeRacer
2010 San Francisco Region SMT Champion

Ray Meister Made Donation to Website

Car #: 38
Year : 1994
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Ray Meister     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Brian, nice vid & congratulations on the win and championship. Awesome driving by Darin, Nick and the others as well. Nick, that was quite the catch coming out of 9.

Ray

fishguyaz

Region: AZ/SoPac
Car #: 92
Icon 1 posted  Profile for fishguyaz     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

brian, what exhaust do you use to get the DB down that low, and what seat is that in the 99 with the halo; did it need any modifications to the tunnel to install it?
thanks, and nice video!
Josh

--------------------
Josh Pitt
AZ Region

Brian Ghidinelli Verified Driver
Moonwalker

Car #: 12
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Brian Ghidinelli   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

@Ray - thanks!

@Josh - it's a cheapie turbo muffler attached to the end of the SD Exhaust. TC Design made it for me so it bolts right onto the SD (which is way better than the system I had before which required swapping the entire exhaust...). Costs about 1/1 in hp/torque. Speaking of sound though, I had crazy issues this weekend as did a lot of other people. My car is probably one of the quietest on the grid but I had sound jeopardy on Friday morning. They had me with an 81 and a 90 in the same session and then they claimed I hit 99db with the same setup in the STU session in the late morning! Lots of people got meatballed during the race... I was short shifting up the hill after I got in the front because I was scared of getting a bogus reading.

The seat is a Sparco Circuit Pro. We notched the tranny tunnel to get it to fit. In retrospect we might not have needed to (maybe just bashing it with a BFH) but as it stands it works well. I'm short so I sit pretty close.

--------------------
MotorsportReg.com / Haag Performance / Team SafeRacer
2010 San Francisco Region SMT Champion

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: