Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » Sports Car Club of America » SCCA San Francisco Region » Tooooooommmyyyyyy O!

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: Tooooooommmyyyyyy O!
Ara Verified Driver Series Champ
MX-5 CUP and SM Peddler

Region: SFR
Car #: 11,33
Year : 99,90
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Ara   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Congrats on winning the season opener, Tommy!

Dean, nice job recovering and coming back to attack.

Ara

--------------------
www.alararacing.com

Kim Ouye Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Retired Racer

Car #: 82/73
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Kim Ouye     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Congrats Tommy O!
Congrats Dean! Nice hot lap of the race too!
Congrats and great recovery Sean Y.!

Great seeing everyone. [thumbsup]

--------------------
Kim

91 BRG SMT RIP
06 MX-5 Cup

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting 'Holy sh*t...what a ride!'" - Unknown

Sean Allen Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Veteran Member

Car #: 54!
Year : 90'
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Sean Allen   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

What an awesome weekend!!!

My first race at Sears Point and it was by far my best race ever. [thumbsup]

I gotta thank Jason and his boys for helping out when I needed it. Sometimes you need a pro to help you figure out that you need new rotors [banghead] .

Congrats to Tommy, Dean, Vodden, Dan and Yepez for awesome finishes. Especially Nopez spinning and coming from 17th to 5th, great run.

[ 03-30-2008, 11:20 PM: Message edited by: Sean Allen ]

Steve Holifield Verified Driver

Region: San Francisco
Car #: 44
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Steve Holifield     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Congrats to all and to Dr. Dan for a great finish! [thumbsup]

Veteran Member

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Sean Allen   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Steve were you racing SMT? I didn't see you out there.

Sean Yepez Verified Driver
Team Keeblerspeed

Region: SF
Car #: 94
Year : 94
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Sean Yepez     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Sean Allen:
What an awesome weekend!!!

My first race at Sears Point and it was by far my best race ever. [thumbsup]

I gotta thank Jason and his boys for helping out when I needed it. Sometimes you need a pro to help you figure out that you need new rotors [banghead] .

Congrats to Tommy, Dean, Vodden and Yepez for awesome finishes. Especially Nopez spinning and coming from 17th to 5th, great run.

19th. [shame]

Thanks Sean. [Big Grin]

Congrats to all. Great job on recovering to 2nd, Dean.

--------------------
2008 San Francisco Region SMT Champion

Steve Holifield Verified Driver

Car #: 44
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Steve Holifield     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

My son Phillip raced SMT and I raced ITA. We shared a car. I had a lot of rust and cobwebs on me from a long off-season. The older you get, the quicker they form. You young guys are fast learners. Hopefully I'll see more of you this year.

tahoe z Verified Driver
2007 NASA 25hr Champion E2 / 2008 NASA 25 HR E2 2ND place

Region: san francisco
Car #: SFR # 62 1.6/ SMT / 1.8 /# 62 ITA
Year : 89smt / 94 ita
Icon 1 posted  Profile for tahoe z     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

great job tommy!

--------------------
kim willcox

tahoe z Verified Driver
2007 NASA 25hr Champion E2 / 2008 NASA 25 HR E2 2ND place

Region: san francisco
Car #: SFR # 62 1.6/ SMT / 1.8 /# 62 ITA
Year : 89smt / 94 ita
Icon 1 posted  Profile for tahoe z     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

and a really great job dean, in a 1.6!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------
kim willcox

Dave McAnaney Verified Driver

Car #: 45
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Dave McAnaney     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Congrats Tommy!

--------------------
Dave McAnaney
SM#45 San Francisco Region

RYGAR Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
"The Unethical"

Car #: 29
Icon 1 posted  Profile for RYGAR     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Nice Job Tommy!! Congrats on the win dude! I hear there was good racing up front... we had fun in the back of the pack too!!

Nice top 15 Sean Allen!! a HUGE thanks to John and the crew at Evil Genius for getting my car back together in time for the race. You guys are awesome! Thanks Mighty Mike for the wheels/tires! Sean A, Steve H, Lars, David, Kim H... thanks to all you guys for the physical and moral support this weekend! It was fun!

--------------------
Ryan G. #29
http://www.RentMoneyRacing.com

Veteran Member

It's a shame you got smashed into in qualifying making you start in the back. I was looking forward to running with you during the race.

Next time!

dtfastbear Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
faster than the average bear...

Region: SFR / NorCal
Car #: 72
Year : 93
Icon 1 posted  Profile for dtfastbear   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Huge congrats, Tommy O! A very well deserved win. It was great battling with you at the end, but I had nothing for you... Good, clean racing!

Thanks, everyone, for all the encouragement this weekend. Although I hoped for a slightly different outcome, after a terrible start and a nasty off-road excursion, I had about as much fun as you can have racing getting back to 2nd.

Thanks to Ed Railton, Rick, Dr. Dan for not making things too hard for me right before and after the FCY. [Smile] [Smile]

My video will be up later today.

Cheers,

Dean

--------------------
NASA Nor Cal SM series Director
www.molaps.com

Winner - Ford Racing Mustang Challenge Driver Shootout

Evil Genius Racing / Race Engineering / Stewart Development

Dr.Dan Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
V8, nice! And good for you too!

Region: san francisco region
Car #: 39
Year : 90
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Dr.Dan     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I have a feeling this is really going to be a fun season for all. Dam yellow flag. [Wink] fantastic job by Tomaso, David, Deano, and Seanie boy..

--------------------
Daniel Mairani DDS...still here, just faster.
http://www.DanielMairanidds.com

gwaronlawn

Region: sfr
Icon 1 posted  Profile for gwaronlawn     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Anyone have the full results list? They aren't posted yet on Mylaps.com

Congrats Dr. Dan. It was great meeting you on Saturday (I was the guy bugging you in the paddock - trying to learn as much as possible for my rookie season next year).

--------------------
_ _________ _
Ryan Wellman

Veteran Member

They will probably be posted by the end of this week, most likely sooner.

Viet-Tam Luu
Slow

Region: San Francisco Region
Car #: 14
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Viet-Tam Luu   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Good times! I'm not speaking about my lap times of course. [banghead] But it was my first SCCA race ever (and if you don't count a couple of LeMons races, my first roadrace ever), and only my second time at Sears Point... Not to mention that my first time, the track "ate" my car so I think I can be forgiven for driving just a bit tentatively this time.

Regardless, I had a great time, tooling around in the back of the field, getting in my little piece of racing action. Dean, a pleasure meeting you and Laura, thanks for reaching down from your lofty heights to welcome this newbie. [Smile] Zack, it was a blast racing with you! And finally a shout out to everybody else here whom I met and raced with, I can't wait to do it again!

And of course congrats to TommyO and Dean for some fine, fine racing!

--------------------
Viet-Tam Luu (a.k.a. "Tam")
SFR-SCCA #14 ITS
Director, SCCA San Francisco Region

Dr.Dan Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
V8, nice! And good for you too!

Region: san francisco region
Car #: 39
Year : 90
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Dr.Dan     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by gwaronlawn:
Anyone have the full results list? They aren't posted yet on Mylaps.com

Congrats Dr. Dan. It was great meeting you on Saturday (I was the guy bugging you in the paddock - trying to learn as much as possible for my rookie season next year).

No worries. Welcome aboard.

--------------------
Daniel Mairani DDS...still here, just faster.
http://www.DanielMairanidds.com

Bobby C

Car #: 11
Year : 2001
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Bobby C     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Great racing all through the pack...HooverSpeed has some fast rides, too bad the Team Owner is such goofball!!!! Dean...drive of the race nice job..Tommy O was smooth and strong all race also as was Capt. Kangaroo (David Vooden).. [Big Grin] Dr.Dan aka SpiderMan had a hell of a race too, nice job. He is my son's favorite driver!!!!

Bobby

TORacing

Region: SFR-033
Car #: 10
Year : 94
Icon 1 posted  Profile for TORacing     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Thanks all for the kind words! Jason Hoover, you are the man! I had a great(new)race car all weekend and Jason is the man to thank. Dean, you drove awesome and you're getting better every time out! I obviously didn't want to see that full course but it made for an exciting last half of the race.
I was impressed with all the new driver's doing such a great job especially @ a truly challenging track.
Mr. Vodden, Dr. Dan, Magnus and Sean, you drove great races and I look forward some track time w/ you all soon.

Tommy O

Ed Koop Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Dismembered

Car #: 35
Year : 1993
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Ed Koop     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Dr. Dan -> I have a feeling this is really going to be a fun season for all.

See what happens when you don't stress over the motor and just enjoy it...

Don't worry, be happy

And congrats Tommy! Must be that shiny new paint you have on the car

[thumbsup]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: