Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » Sports Car Club of America » SCCA San Francisco Region » Many thanks for repairing my car

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: Many thanks for repairing my car
Paul Mitalas Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
"Safety Second"

Region: SFR
Car #: 61
Year : 1992
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Paul Mitalas     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

During qualifying at Laguna this past weekend, the turn 6 outside tire wall suddenly appeared out of nowhere! Fortunately I was able to avoid injuring any tires. Unfortunately it's because I outright killed some. Fortunately I kept moving and the field was not black flagged. Unfortunately, my car was not rolling so well, as my bumper and fender were trying to tear the tire off it's rim.

I had not been out of impound 30 seconds before a hoard converged on my vehicle. Nick, Andrew and Sean were unbolting parts before I had my helmet off. Phillip was ferrying tools with the urgency of a battlefield medic. Kiwi even set down his beer to pound my frame with a sledgehammer! (Thank you for missing my hand). Juan channeled Michelangelo as he sculpted my fender, and the beer swilling mob around my car were invaluable with their moral support. I felt especially reassured every time Donna called me a girl for having all these guys work on my car.

Many thanks to all. Forgive me if I neglected to call you out. The only problem with my car the next day was that I was still the one driving it.

Cheers, Paul

Juan Pineda Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Veteran Member

Region: San Francisco
Car #: 34
Year : 1992
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Juan Pineda   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Invitation to apply a sledge hammer to a miata... who could resist? [Smile]

--------------------
www.ArtOfRoadRacing.com Race Craft Clinic - Thunderhill - 30 Jan 2011

dtfastbear Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
faster than the average bear...

Region: SFR / NorCal
Car #: 72
Year : 93
Icon 1 posted  Profile for dtfastbear   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

No one was so helpful as to go uphill from your pit spot and dump a cooler? You call these guys friends?

--------------------
NASA Nor Cal SM series Director
www.molaps.com

Winner - Ford Racing Mustang Challenge Driver Shootout

Evil Genius Racing / Race Engineering / Stewart Development

hoverducky Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: San Francisco
Year : 1993
Icon 1 posted  Profile for hoverducky     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Hey Dean, YOU'RE PISSING ME OFF! (Where's the finger-in-the-face gremlin?)

I'll admit to being a member of the mob. I'll also admit to taking a couple of steps back when Kiwi picked up the sledgehammer...

Scott

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: