Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » Sports Car Club of America » SCCA San Francisco Region » Sunoco Contigency Info SFR?

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: Sunoco Contigency Info SFR?
Jeremy Pike

Region: SFR
Car #: 89
Year : 90
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jeremy Pike     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Does anybody have the details of the sponsorship/contingency program being offered in in the SFR region for 2010?
Page 9 of The Wheel just says it was approved but no real details other than the prize money goes to the drivers. At one point I heard it was going to be for SSM.

Viet-Tam Luu
Slow

Region: San Francisco Region
Car #: 14
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Viet-Tam Luu   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Hi Jeremy, I'll get the details (if/when they've been finalized) and post them here...

--------------------
Viet-Tam Luu (a.k.a. "Tam")
SFR-SCCA #14 ITS
Director, SCCA San Francisco Region

Viet-Tam Luu
Slow

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Viet-Tam Luu   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

You saw it here first:

quote:
Sunoco Challenge Driver Sponsor Program

1. Sunoco is the San Francisco Region fuel for the 2010 race season. The term of the agreement shall be three years.

2. Funding for 2010 = $10,000.

3. All Sunoco funds go to Drivers.

4. Sunoco will supply decals for cars, banners (which we put up at each race at Grid). Sunoco will also have checkered flags for finish line.

a. Sunoco decals on both sides of the car will be required on all race vehicles in our Regional Supps

b. Decals will be available at Race Administration

5. To be eligible for Sunoco cash awards, Drivers must present Sunoco fuel proof-of-purchase, consisting of either race track or off-site Sunoco vendor fuel pump receipts totaling no less than $25.00, from no earlier than 2 weeks prior to the day of the race, and no later than the start time of the race.

6. Funds will be distributed to Drivers as follows:

a. Each run group will have 2 races specified as Sunoco Challenge race events. For 2010 they are:
Group / Regional Race #
1 / #4 & 12
2 / #5 & 10
3 / #3 & 11
4 / #1 & 8
5 / #2 & 7
6 / #6 & 13
7 / #5 & 9

b. Money allotted to each run Group is based on 2009 entry counts:
Group / Sunoco Dollars
1 / $1200
2 / $1200
3 / $1000
4 / $1200
5 / $1800
6 / $1000
7 / $2600

c. Money will be awarded by random drawing for Race Group as follows:
Group / # of drawing per race / Cash to each drawing winner
1 / 2 / $300
2 / 2 / $300
3 / 2 / $250
4 / 2 / $300
5 / 3 / $300
6 / 2 / $250
7 / 4 / $325

d. Drivers wanting to participate in the Sunoco Challenge will, on the race weekend where their race is a Sunoco Challenge race, do the following:

i. Go to Race Administration and register their participation in the Sunoco Challenge.

ii. At the conclusion of the race, Race Administration will draw the noted number of winning names at random and notify the Drivers. Note: Drivers must have at least practiced to be eligible.

iii. The Driver will bring their Sunoco fuel proof-of-purchase (as outlined in (5) above) to Race Administration and an award check will be mailed from our SFR office the following week.

--------------------
SFR-SCCA #14 ITS

Viet-Tam Luu
Slow

The above details will appear on the SFR website soon, and in the next issue of The Wheel.

--------------------
SFR-SCCA #14 ITS

Sean Allen Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Veteran Member

Car #: 54!
Year : 90'
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Sean Allen   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Just to clarify Tam,

We must run decals for all races, but are only eligible for contingency for two of them? If people run in multiple groups, are they allowed to be chosen more then once?

Viet-Tam Luu
Slow

quote:
Originally posted by Sean Allen:
We must run decals for all races, but are only eligible for contingency for two of them?

That would be my interpretation, yes.

quote:
Originally posted by Sean Allen:
If people run in multiple groups, are they only allowed to "win" once?

I don't see any reason why people wouldn't be allowed to win multiple times if they run in multiple groups. Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good. [Wink]

Anyhow if you look at the schedule, there's only one weekend where two different groups are eligible for Sunoco awards.

All my answers strictly unofficial for the time being; I will verify...

--------------------
SFR-SCCA #14 ITS

Viet-Tam Luu
Slow

FYI Mike Smith concurred with my responses above, so consider them "official".

--------------------
SFR-SCCA #14 ITS

DionJ Verified Driver

Region: SF
Car #: 68
Year : 91
Icon 1 posted  Profile for DionJ     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Duh, ok, so for groups 5 and 7 I have a chance at regionals 2,7,5 and 9? If I run stickers and notify race admin? Thanks Tam...

Viet-Tam Luu
Slow

Yup, pretty much. You also need to buy $25 of Sunoco gas on or just before those weekends.

--------------------
SFR-SCCA #14 ITS

Paul Mitalas Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
"Safety Second"

Car #: 61
Year : 1992
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Paul Mitalas     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Where do we get the patches required in the Supplementary Regs C.2? As I interpret it, we all have to have patches and decals whether we are concerned about Sunoco contingency or not.
Cheers, Paul

2. REQUIRED PATCHES AND DECALS: For all SFR regional events, in addition to those patches and
decals specified by the General Competition Rules, SUNOCO patches are required on driver suits and SUNOCO decals are required on cars.

Viet-Tam Luu
Slow

We're not going to tell anybody how/where to get patches and sticker, and will summarily DQ everybody who doesn't have them. That's my plan for winning. [Big Grin]

Just kidding, my understanding is that you'll be able to get them at registration. I'll keep you guys posted.

--------------------
SFR-SCCA #14 ITS

Mighty Mike Made Donation to Website

Car #: 42 & 92
Year : 91 & 93
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mighty Mike     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Sure would be nice to get the patches before. So we could sew them on our suits.

Michael Niemann
Team MiataKa Racing

Viet-Tam Luu
Slow

I'll see what I can do. Who needs to sew when you've got duct tape? ;-)

--------------------
SFR-SCCA #14 ITS

dp35 Verified Driver

Car #: 51
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for dp35     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
SCCA:
If you would like to have a Sunoco patch mailed to you, please reply with your name and mailing address. The decals will be too large to mail, so you will need to pick them up at the Region Office or Race Administration at an SFR Regional race.

Makes me wonder how big these decals are...

-

--------------------
2010 SCCA Regional Driver of the Year
2010 25 Hours of Thunderhill E1 Class winner, MX-5 Cup

dhois Verified Driver

Car #: 15
Icon 1 posted  Profile for dhois     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Decals and patches may be available at the Thunderhill track sign-in office within a week or so, if you get up there for a track day, art of racing, etc. (per Sherry Grantz). If you did not get an email with the offer to receive your patch by mail, call her at the Thunderhill office because they are offering to mail them to you by the April regional(not the decals, though).

dhois Verified Driver

Car #: 15
Icon 1 posted  Profile for dhois     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Does anyone know where to buy Sunoco fuel? I'm thinking it must only be at a track because their online station locator does not seem to list any stations around Sacramento area.

Viet-Tam Luu
Slow

quote:
Originally posted by dhois:
Does anyone know where to buy Sunoco fuel? I'm thinking it must only be at a track because their online station locator does not seem to list any stations around Sacramento area.

http://www.sunocoinc.com/Site/Consumer/RaceFuels/260GT100Locations/California.htm

Turns out the fuel I've been buying all along is Sunoco GT100. I asked Mike Smith if buying from the 76 station in question (in San Jose, in my case) was a qualifying purchase; he said it was if it said Sunoco on the receipt. Which it doesn't. So maybe not? I'll try and get some clarification when I see him this week at the BOD meeting.

--------------------
SFR-SCCA #14 ITS

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: